• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyonce "4" Album |OT| Coming for your fave's wigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
inthezone said:
When will your fave get another #1 hit, let alone 3 from the same era? When will your fave get 100M+ on radio, when Run The World barely did better than Judas. It aint my fault What's My Name slayed your fave without mercy.

#Dragged

#Death

zero_suit

inthezone said:
When will your fave get another #1 hit, let alone 3 from the same era? When will your fave get 100M+ on radio, when Run The World barely did better than Judas. It aint my fault What's My Name slayed your fave without mercy.

#Dragged

I don't care about any of these scrub artists, but ether.

Koodo

Banned
Considering Rihannotonthebillboard200's track record, I think people literally will not know what hit them.

Sammy Samusu said:
When will your fave get a number one album? Beyonce already has four and is breaking records by doing so.
To be fair, his true fave has six #1 albums and is the highest selling female artist of the last decade. She makes more money per year doing nothing except going on a daily frappuccino binge than what most people's fave make working relentlessly.

2moqkbb.jpg

P.S. is there a public stream for the bonus songs?

inthezone said:

#Dragged
Are you gonna answer my question or just shoot me this non-sense?

#Waiting

Koodo said:
Britney makes more money per year doing nothing except going on a daily frappuccino binge than what most people's fave make working relentlessly.

P.S. is there a public stream for the bonus songs?
I don't know, sorry.

And please don't lie to yourself, let's check who made the latest Forbes list?

http://www.forbes.com/wealth/celebrities/list?category=Musicians

Britney and Rihanus are nowhere to be found, and we all know Rihanus was hard at work.

Beysus made the list while on her year long vacation ejoying Disneyland trips with her nephew Julez.

inthezone said:
My fave don't need them vapid #1 albums when she keeps getting them #MAJAH hits.
#MAJAH? Dead.

Beyonce has spent more weeks at number one than Rihanus on the Hot 100 chart.

Rihanus: 34 weeks
Beyonce: 36 weeks [Including DC: 53]

Who gon check her though? She's only behind Mariah Carey.

Koodo

Banned
The entire documentary is also available at the preview link you posted in the OP.

It was good. They didn't show much about the recording process itself though, and the details of her inspiration were scant beyond the whole "I just felt like doing this and I followed what I wanted to do."

Also, the lesser tracks of the album have been growing on me a bit, though the ones I rated as "Great" still far outshine everything else, with "I Was Here" now joining this rank. I was expecting this since the production of that song moved me.

I don't even listen to radio music too much so I don't know why I'm so opinionated about it lol, but yeah End of Time (Beyonce) and Edge of Glory (gahgahrahrahhaarhah) have such a great old school sound to them.

Some of the best pop music in a while.

inthezone said:

#Dragged

When will your fave learn how to sing?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
mckmas8808 said:
What does that mean?
I think it means that she looks white on the cover. It's really just an annoying Photoshop filter, although it can be done on any program that has exclusion and probably done before PS.

It makes certain colors/skin tones look yellow/gold and it also makes dark colors into blues.

To replicate:

Create a new Solid Color layer.
Use a navy blue, like #09214d.
Add a curve to increase contrast.

Here's an example:

Before:

After: Notice how his skin looks golden.

[Today!] GMA Summer Concert

Beyoncé's Good Morning America Summer Concert is free and open to the public and will take place this Friday, July 1st, from 7 to 9 AM ET.

Tune in guys, she's about to shut this sucker downe. #GMABeyonce

Koodo said:
Also, the lesser tracks of the album have been growing on me a bit, though the ones I rated as "Great" still far outshine everything else, with "I Was Here" now joining this rank. I was expecting this since the production of that song moved me.
I was expecting more from I Was Here, it's actually one of the few songs I dislike from 4, along with Run The World and Dance For You.

zankara said:
Lay Up Under Me and Dance For You are really growing on me. And Schoolin' Life >>>>>
Dance For You not so much for me, but I love the final part... *guitars* "yes... oh yes."

As for Schoolin Life, let's just say it gives me life. So worth the Deluxe edition.

PhoenixDark said:
When will your fave learn how to sing?
You went there. *claps*

DR2K

Banned
Jesus, all her songs sound the same on this album. Either she lacks vocal range or needs to find writers to steal better tracks for her.

It's over. :(

Second part airing on July 4th!

And Robin said she's been doing this for along time, but she NEVER experienced such a big crowd like that, she had trouble getting into the Central Park, lol!

DMeisterJ said:
The same moment when Bey stops being tired and unoriginal.
You can say whatever you want, Rihanus is a singer but... she can't sing. Oops.

Even Oprah said "GTFO", she performed once at her show and never came back, LMAO.

I support talent, do you?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sammy Samusu said:
You can say whatever you want, Rihanus is a singer but... she can't sing. Oops.

Even Oprah said "GTFO", she performed once at her show and never came back, LMAO.

It's always funny how people say Rih can't sing... Obviously she doesn't have the vocal talent of Bey, but it's not like any program can make a singer out of someone who can't sing. And the thing about Rih was never her having the best ability to sing, it was always about the uniqueness of her voice. Talent is not only singing ability, but I know King Bey has you believing that since, like I said, she's tired and unoriginal.

*sips tea*

idwl

hahaha Inthezone and koodo make any thread they post in entertaining. Will give the album a listen. Used to love beyonce then when she kinda got too shrieky started hating her. Hope this one is different

bud

DMeisterJ said:
It's always funny how people say Rih can't sing... Obviously she doesn't have the vocal talent of Bey, but it's not like any program can make a singer out of someone who can't sing. And the thing about Rih was never her having the best ability to sing, it was always about the uniqueness of her voice. Talent is not only singing ability, but I know King Bey has you believing that since, like I said, she's tired and unoriginal.

*sips tea*

well, that's a nice way of saying she can't sing.

DMeisterJ

Banned
bud said:
You didn't read my post obliviously. If someone can't sing, no amount of fixing can make her sound good. She can't sing as well as Bey, but that doesn't mean she can't sing...

Mau ®

Sammy Samusu said:

We support good music, do you?

Anyway, this album will make Rated R look like fucking Thriller as far commercial success go. Bitch is gonna release a new album next year and wont tour this ish. I can guarantee that.

Meanwhile Rih stays getting them hits and LOUD is selling quite well. On track to sell 5 million WW. Bey couldnt do it unless she releases 8 singles from an album, 5 of them flopping so hard she had to release bonus tracks icant.

BenjaminBirdie said:
"Countdown" is the jam of the summer.

#BoofBoof
You've made me listen to Countdown again, and I must say that despite the song suffering from the loudness/yelling/sharpness that's also in Who Runs This World, I do like the chorus a lot. "Ooh, killing me softly..."

Gonna have to give the album a closer listen. I might like some stuff on it after all. :)

Love that some of you are coming back for more, it's a grower and different than anything on the radio right now, give it time, it's a powerful ballad album with a few up-tempos. :)

And Best Thing I Never Had may hit first this week in UK. Still number one on iTunes!

DMeisterJ said:

*sips tea*
You are testing my blood pressure.

bud said:
*sips fresh tea*

Countdown, End of Time and Schoolin' Life are my favorites. I Care, Love on Top, Best Thing I Never Had and Start Over take second place.

So she said she was influenced with this album by artists like Stevie Wonder (my personal favourite artist). Is there any specific track that shows these influences?

Pizza Luigi said:
So she said she was influenced with this album by artists like Stevie Wonder (my personal favourite artist). Is there any specific track that shows these influences?
Rather Die Young, Love On Top, and 1+1 are pretty blatantly influenced by that whole era of R&B.

royalan

I've had the album since it leaked, but for the life of me it just can't inspire repeat listens.

It's just so...cheesy.

The ballads are all overly-sentimental (1+1 gives me a toothache). Her vocals seem forced instead of natural - as though she feels that the way you infuse emotion into your vocal delivery is by growling a lot and squeezing every vocal technique you know into every track.

The ONE other up-tempo song besides "Run the World (Girls)" is a manic version of "Upgrade U" that goes from being a song about unconditional love (the chorus), to persistent insecurity ("If you leave me you out of your mind!"), to being a freak ("Grind up on it girls show him how you ride it!), and hometown anthem ("Houston Rock It!"). The song just leaves me too confused to enjoy it.

The only song that really shows some type of vision, to me, is "Party." The mid-tempo has a great 90's groove, and so do the lyrics (it actually sounds like something that could have been on the radio in 1994). Beyonce's vocals are restrained, no showing off, she just rides the track instead of fighting it. My favorite song on the album...the only blemish is an unnecessary and long rap verse from [EDIT: Andre 3000] that really cuts into the tract right when it really finds its stride.

But other than that, this really is a phoned-in, mess of an album. And if this is Beyonce at her creative best then she needs to take more of a back seat next time around. Not surprising, though, Beyonce never releases good albums, just bad albums that have one or two good tracks that save the album's reception.

Leona Lewis said:
Rather Die Young, Love On Top, and 1+1 are pretty blatantly influenced by that whole era of R&B.

Okay, I like Love On Top a lot but that's it for the entire album. On YouTube you can find quite a few covers that she did from Motown songs (but also Jazz, At Last and stuff) and I think her voice (which is amazing) sounds best with these kinds of songs. I am not saying she should lose her artistic integrity and just pump out covers of old stuff, but more influences or even kinds of songs from that era would be good.

Satch

Banned
royalan said:
My favorite song on the album...the only blemish is an unnecessary and long rap verse from Big Boi that really cuts into the tract right when it really finds its stride.
...Andre 3000

After a few more listens, the tracks I like are Countdown and End of Time. But because of this thread I've also rediscovered Why don't you love me, so that's a plus. :)

Satch

Banned
Souldriver said:
After a few more listens, the tracks I like are Countdown and End of Time. But because of this thread I've also rediscovered Why don't you love me, so that's a plus. :)
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss

I've always been surprised that WDYLM doesn't come up as much as others. That track is, was, and always will be so hot.

Majmun

Your thread is definitely better than mine.

Saying that. This album is amazing.

My "review" from the last thread:

1+1 7/10
I Care 8/10
I Miss You 9/10
Best Thing I Never Had 8/10
Party (Ft. Andre 3000) 5/10
Rather Die Young 8/10
Start Over 8/10
Love On Top 7/10
Countdown 8/10
End Of Time 9/10
I Was Here 8/10
Run The World (Girls) 5/10
Lay Up Under Me - 7/10
Schoolin, Life - 8/10
Dance For You - 7/10

Album overal 8/10 ****/*****, 80% or whatever.

The album is very constant in quality. Probably the best Beyonce album, together with the debut Dangerously in Love.

It's a definite must-have for rnb/soul lovers.

Forgot about "Dreaming", a bonus track from the japanese edition, and since it's not available in the US, I think it's ok to post the Youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcu8RyS4Ll8

Satchwar said:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss

I've always been surprised that WDYLM doesn't come up as much as others. That track is, was, and always will be so hot.
Numbah one hit and no promo, only Beysus.

Live @ Glastonbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3zIjS56WCU

ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS WHAAA?!

Bonus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLEYrCQLSCM

You can watch "The Year Of 4" on Youtube, it has almost five million views now, crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXXiku0580

Second said:
You know it! The Grammys ain't ready for the holy spirit.

Billboard said:
She's only the third act -- and second woman -- to see their first four studio albums debut atop the Billboard 200.
Joining the league and getting ready to MAKE history!

She outsold Lipney and Rihanus (holiday season!) latest album, you wish your fave could flop like Beysus.

And she's on the way to snatch a second week at number one, both in US and UK, who gon check her?

BILLBOARD: "It looks like Beyonce's "4" album is going to hold at No. 1 for a second week on the Billboard 200."

CHARTS COMPANY: "Beyonce is set to remain at number one on the UK album chart with '4'."

It's number one on iTunes US and UK since the release date, lmao! I'm so glad she took risks and now it's paying off! *cries*

We need talented singers, we need fresh new song styles, it's okay to have a few generic songs playing on the radio, but it's up to BEYONCE to bring the innovative tea, she's here to RISE the bar, she is the Artist of the Millennium after all.

*goes to listen 4*

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sammy Samusu said:
You can watch "The Year Of 4" on Youtube, it has almost five million views now, crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXXiku0580

You know it! The Grammys ain't ready for the holy spirit.

Joining the league and getting ready to MAKE history!

She outsold Lipney and Rihanus (holiday season!) latest album, you wish your fave could flop like Beysus.

And she's on the way to snatch a second week at number one, both in US and UK, who gon check her?

BILLBOARD: "It looks like Beyonce's "4" album is going to hold at No. 1 for a second week on the Billboard 200."

CHARTS COMPANY: "Beyonce is set to remain at number one on the UK album chart with '4'."

It's number one on iTunes US and UK since the release date, lmao! I'm so glad she took risks and now it's paying off! *cries*

We need talented singers, we need fresh new song styles, it's okay to have a few generic songs playing on the radio, but it's up to BEYONCE to bring the innovative tea, she's here to RISE the bar, she is the Artist of the Millennium after all.

*goes to listen 4*

I was all set to come back at your post heralding her first week sales with the fact that she still doesn't have a hit single, even though it is number one, it's well below I am..., and even though it will be number one again next week, nothing is coming out to contest it, but, once I heard the rumor that DC is getting back together for the last album they owe Columbia, #icant. I love DC too much to come at Bey for her weak ass album, cause I know that the rumored DC album will slay, unlike this.

*sips tea*

Cynosure

I love it.

favorites: Countdown, Love On Top, I Was Here, Start Over, Dance For You, Lay Up Under Me and I Miss You.

hateradio said:
I think it means that she looks white on the cover. It's really just an annoying Photoshop filter, although it can be done on any program that has exclusion and probably done before PS.

It makes certain colors/skin tones look yellow/gold and it also makes dark colors into blues.

To replicate:

Create a new Solid Color layer.
Use a navy blue, like #09214d.
Add a curve to increase contrast.

Here's an example:

Before:

After: Notice how his skin looks golden.

Thanks for the tip!! I'm a graphic designer and I didn't know this little maneuver. Will defo be using it in future!

Cynosure said:
I love it.

favorites: Countdown, Love On Top, I Was Here, Start Over, Dance For You, Lay Up Under Me and I Miss You.
People seem to love Start Over! Strange that you didn't like I Care, End of Time and Schoolin Life, but you have a nice setlist!

DMeisterJ said:
I was all set to come back at your post heralding her first week sales with the fact that she still doesn't have a hit single, even though it is number one, it's well below I am..., and even though it will be number one again next week, nothing is coming out to contest it, but, once I heard the rumor that DC is getting back together for the last album they owe Columbia, #icant. I love DC too much to come at Bey for her weak ass album, cause I know that the rumored DC album will slay, unlike this.

*sips tea*
Gerl, that's fake, you keep sipping the poisoned tea and you might just find yourself dead.

Mathew is desperate for money and he will do anything to get DC3 back together, even Solange is in the line of fire. A mess.

Beyonce had the best first week among all veteran artists like Britney and Rihanna, imagine how many copies she would sell with a number one lead single.

So far, 4 is the third best debut of the year, and is clocking the first spot for a second week.

She's also a GLOBAL smash, take a look at Sout Korean digital sales:

#2 Best Thing I Never Had (Single Version) - 109,132
#5 Best Thing I Never Had (Album Version) - 63,013

Best Thing I Never Had (LTD) - 432,887

#4 Love on Top - 90,000
#25 1+1 - 18,263
#26 End of Time - 18,222
#29 Party - 17,460
#34 I Miss You - 16,032
#35 I Care - 15,816
#37 Rather Die Young - 15,161
#40 Countdown - 14,897
#43 Start Over - 14,192
#44 I Was Here - 14,173
#47 Run the World (Girls) - 13,157

Total sales this week: 419,518

http://gaonchart.co.kr/main/section/online/download/list.gaon?nationGbn=E

POW!

Cubsfan23 said:
where did this "wig" saying come from?
pjYvn.jpg

Majmun

Haters owned :lol

You can't find a female pop artist out there that can sing like Beyonce, can perform like Beyonce and is hot like Beyonce.

She's the real goddess of pop.

First week album sales:

Rihanna Loud - 207000
Britney's Femme Fatale - 276000
Beyonce's 4 - 310000

And the album hasn't had one mainstream hitsingle yet. Unlike Loud and Femme Fatale before the albums released.

People who expected this album to flop were underestimating her.

Aannnd...Metacritic scores:

Loud - 67
Femme Fatale 67
4 - 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom