• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 "Will Have A Major Impact on Games," Says Ubisoft.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Beyond Good and Evil 2 may never actually release, at least for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. At this point, it seems the game will be a PS5 and Xbox Scarlett title, or perhaps it will be a cross-gen release. That said, Ubisoft is still working on the game. In fact, recently, Ubisoft opened a new office for its Montpellier team, which is working on Beyond Good and Evil 2. The French studio is apparently already 350-developers deep, but with the new office building, will be adding another 150 to its roster, bringing the studio to 500, which is a pretty healthy size, even for a AAA developer.

That said, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot let slip a tease for Beyond Good and Evil 2 while talking about the new building, noting the title will have a major impact on video games and revolutionize its genre, whatever that means.

"The quality of life in this region can be an asset to bring the best talent," said Guillemot. "Montpellier is a very important world studio for us, which has shown the way to innovation thanks to Rayman. Our teams are currently working on Beyond Good and Evil 2, which is likely to have a major impact on video games. Designed by Michel Ancel, this title which aims to revolutionize adventure games and open world is particularly expected by players."

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

giphy.gif

MMaRsu

Banned
No it wont. Its gonna fail and stumble, and sell like shit.

And we will all say WE TOLD YOU SO because the FANS of the original BG&E DO NOT WANT a multiplayer only game you dunceheads.

We wanted a follow up to the original story 😂

Dickheads at Ubisoft I swear to god they ruin every franchise and formula.

nkarafo

I doubt this has anything to do with game design or gameplay mechanics. They probably pulling a Naungty Dog here meaning some cringey, pretentious story and cinematics.

Teslerum

No it wont. Its gonna fail and stumble, and sell like shit.

And we will all say WE TOLD YOU SO because the FANS of the original BG&E DO NOT WANT a multiplayer only game you dunceheads.

We wanted a follow up to the original story 😂

Dickheads at Ubisoft I swear to god they ruin every franchise and formula.

And in the end it will get blamed on the franchise, rather than thhe multiplayer decision.

An Ubisoft executive/investor meeting in the future:

*This failure cleary shows that only a vocal minority wanted a new BG&E game. We should rather invest in new franchises., Oh, multiplayer and microtransactions? Of course they weren't the problem.*

Last edited:
If there's one great thing about Ubisoft, it's Ubisoft Monetpeller. I tried to play the GOG version of the 1st Beyond Good and Evil, but sadly the controller support for that version was meh. Maybe I'll try to add it to Steam and configure something from there to be able to play it.

Ubisoft Montepeller made some of my favorite Wii U games like ZombiU and Rayman Legends, so I look forward to seeing what they have next in store, including this game.

edit: online only...wuuuuuuuuuuuuut. Eh. Cmon Ubi, this was your chance to make a great single player action adventure...that's disappointing yet not surprising.

Last edited:
I think they mean a cultural impact, like diversity and shit. They know it won't be a gameplay impact, I think even Ubisoft is aware that ship has long sailed.

Ixiah

Banned
Yeah....back to the microtransaction mines with you.
Like this game will be anything but follow the Ubisoft Formula.

johntown

Banned
Sounds like typical marketing hype which almost all AAA game companies do. Give some actually videos and game details and maybe we will believe you.

Given their track record for games though it seems more likely to be a reskinned Assassins Creed game.

Last edited:
Geez, Ubisoft is ridiculous. Just get Rayman into Smash Ultimate cause that's the only thing Ubisoft would be doing right by me at this point.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Ain't nobody thinkin about this damn game. It's too far off to matter.

Stop talking and just show us when it's ready. My salivary glands don't respond to hot air.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Still a trash name for a game, and a sequel to a major commercial flop.

Not optimistic about its chances, and I honestly have no clue what the mainstream audience is going to make of it.

I looked really cool but they completely lost me with the always online GAMES AS A SERVICE announcement, looking at Ghost Recon Breakpoint I am fairly confident this will be shit.

mortal

Gold Member
You can't just say it will lol wtf

It actually has to demonstrate that when it's in the hands of gamers.

Bkdk

it could mean no more Ubisoft games as they will go defunct. Judging from those horrible character design and always online campaign, this is Shaping up to be a huge disaster for them.

MayauMiao

Love Beyond Good & Evil, but if Ubisoft managed to fuck up Ghost Recon, they can certainly fuck up Beyond Good & Evil 2.

I loved the first game. Extremely disappointed with this mature, multiplayer only stuff.

This is like Mario grabbing a bat and beating up hookers in his latest game. It wouldn’t be the same Mario if it was M rated.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I can't wait to pay $99 to finish the game in 2 min after the first launch on PC by "playing" in-game store full of timesavers. What a revolution in video games it'll be.

Last edited:
What i've seen of Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks interesting. I hope it delivers because it seems like an interesting world to explore, but only will tell if its anything worthwhile or another Anthem sized disappointment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom