• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF2042 doesn't support console only cross play option on next gen

TheBoss1

I'm pretty sure they're doing this so the game's life cycle is prolonged but there should only be two options: console only cross play and consoles-PC cross play. PS5 users don't care if they play against XBOX players so limiting it to a single platform is not wise.

The problem is going up against PC players who have many advantages, some legit and some not so legit. Having higher FPS, wider FOV, MnKB, and Nvidia filters are already unfair, but that's not enough for some PC players out there. Cheating is a serious issue even in BOCW and Modern Warfare's multiplayer, but no one pays attention to those anymore because of Warzone who has even more cheaters.

I say this as someone who plays with PC players everyday on MW2019. Everyday that I play with them, we come across a few blatant cheaters and some who are sus af. It's satisfying to beat them even with them using cheats but it's not fun. I'll still play with the option on if BF2042 releases as such, but I'd love for everyone else to have the option of console cross play.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Hehehe GIF by memecandy

GHG

Gold Member
Title says it doesnt support console only cross play for next gen.

Your argument the title is misleading because it does but must include PC?

Go Away GIF

Ok ok, calm your tits.

How do I embed the tweet like you did? I'd love to update my post so others don't have to click on the link if they don't want to.

Click on the individual tweet and then get the share link and add that to your post.

Hypno285

Banned
Console players camp like bitches in Modern Warfare.

I've barely run into cheaters in my 15 years of PC gaming. It's like console players do 12 hour gaming sessions and they run into a single cheater and scream at the top of their lungs that PC is infested with cheaters.

Last edited:

TheBoss1

I've barely run into cheaters in my 15 years of PC gaming. It's like console players do 12 hour gaming sessions and they run into a single cheater and scream at the top of their lungs that PC is infested with cheaters.
I was expecting a response like this. Maybe your K/D and win rate ain't high enough to experience said cheaters fam.

Hypno285

Banned
I seriously doubt people are running into as many cheaters as they make it out to be. You console peasants literally give no numbers on the amount of hackers you come across in your play sessions. There's barely any video proof. A handful of 3-5 YouTube video's doesn't cut it. I've watched streamers for hours a month ago. What hackers?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Warzone alone has banned 500k cheaters so I highly doubt you have ever played any shooter online in 15 years of PC gaming or you are just a Neo troll that I fell for the bait.

I seriously doubt people are running into as many cheaters as they make it out to be. You console peasants literally give no numbers on the amount of hackers you come across in your play sessions. There's barely any video proof. A handful of 3-5 YouTube video's doesn't cut it. I've watched streamers for hours a month ago. What hackers?

Want some numbers this is from 3 days ago

Last edited:

TheShocker

…….I think I get what’s happening here.

Hypno285

Banned
lol every forum I go to somebody thinks I'm trolling. I'm not trolling.

I have 900 hours in BF2142 recorded by old Xfire. I would see a hacker maybe 1-2 times a week? 3 sometimes?

Last edited:

TheBoss1

I know what you mean and I would agree with you to an extent. Even me and my clan get accused of cheating because we spank other people and lose maybe one game per day, so I get it. I'm mostly talking about the blatant ones with walls and/or aimbot. I literally run across them everyday because we have multiple high K/D players with high win/loss ratios. We are constantly going up against players who are "sweats" as you guys call it.

Neofire

That sucks but even a blind man can see what EA is doing. Trying to pad out the PC version with console players. I'm sure there will be alot of console players ignorant to the "opt out" feature so they don't get steam rolled by the keyboard and mouse PC players.

Disrespectful move EA, they could of just let the next gen console players play each other too.

Hypno285

Banned
Don't let console players play with PC players. They camp hard all the damn time because controllers suck in every genre except the ones they were actually designed for which are platformers and racing games. FPS games are meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard.

TheShocker

lol every forum I go to somebody thinks I'm trolling. I'm not trolling.

I have 900 hours in BF2142 recorded by old Xfire. I would see a hacker maybe 1-2 times a week? 3 sometimes?
Ok and that’s 10+ year old game that was behind a paywall. F2P games such as Warzone are plagued by it and there is more than enough documentation of it.

This sounds like a pretty idiotic restriction. Looks really bad on the developer.

Quite why you would work out an implementation of cross-play, even going so far as to accommodate an Opt-Out option, but neglect to see that the entire purpose of the Opt-Out option is to prevent PC gamers with KB&M and PC cheaters from ruining your play experience, I don't know.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thats a shame, but I'm still on board to play with my friend on Xbox. We deal with PC community in Warzone, this will surely not be as bad as that.

DICE can always adjust things later if it ends up being really bad.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Jesus. I had to read that thing like three times to understand what was going on. "Battlefield 2042 'Opt Out' Opts Out of ALL Crossplay." Bam. Fixed.

. . .also, this is really dumb on DICE's part, and pretty much goes against how the majority of people interpreted this "Opt Out" to work. This has to be changed, no way I can see this making it to launch if they want to be successful and ride the momentum they've got.

TheBoss1

Jesus. I had to read that thing like three times to understand what was going on. "Battlefield 2042 'Opt Out' Opts Out of ALL Crossplay." Bam. Fixed.

. . .also, this is really dumb on DICE's part, and pretty much goes against how the majority of people interpreted this "Opt Out" to work. This has to be changed, no way I can see this making it to launch if they want to be successful and ride the momentum they've got.
It sucks but if it's anything like Modern Warfare/Warzone, the increase to the game's lifecycle will probably be a better trade-off for them financially because there will always be players on. I doubt I'd still be playing MW if it didn't have cross play. Most of the players I run with are on PC or Xbox.

Connxtion

It’s the one option I wish MW had, but on Xbox it’s locked when playing warzone as you can’t find any matches. PS peeps can find matches if it’s disabled but takes ages and they are hounded with pop ups telling them it’s disabled.

I just want to play with other consoles, don’t want to play against PC folk as I know how one sided it is. (Been a PC gamer most of my life)

Until we get the same settings as PC gamers (including graphical settings) don’t alow PC cross play on FPS games period.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'll be opting out until there is a change to this.

Player base will be fine for a long time (unless the game turns out to be completely terrible).

DeaDPo0L84

Most console players simply regurgitate shit they read online about how every single pc multi-player game is infested with cheaters and hackers and its simply not true. Their real concern should come from the fact that pc players will have an advantage in performance and control options.

Kenpachii

Probably not enough players.

Exactly this, i play online games for a long time and frankly i can count the cheaters i encounter in a single hand in all those times and to get rid of them its join a different server 20 seconds later its bye bye or server admins straight up ban them anyway in seconds.

Last edited:

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Good. Means years from now servers will be full. Miss BF4. But nowhere great to play it on any of my systems/PC. No friends in any one ecosystem.

cormack12

Gold Member
DICE: We will add bots to backfill servers so they will always be full!
DICE: We will implement cross play so the PC community doesn't die. Despite deploying the bot technology to keep servers full.

PC players prior to this: Why would you play an FPS on a controller? Seriously such a PoS input device that is completely limited.
PC players after crossplay: Controllers auto-aim is overpowered so it's just as good as a mkb /glancing at the kdr

SAMZ

The problem is what is default and the cross play setting buried in the settings somewhere. The masses not knowing about it. Default should be PC excluded.

If it works like anything like apex then its dead on arrival.

For context re apex. If you turned off cross play on PS4 then you will only be matched with other PS4 players that have turned it off also. So games never start or fill from what i experienced. Most people would just simply not bother to turn it off.

People only care about this on the internet. When I play, usually 70% of players are on console. If PC players were so better, they would turn off crossplay.

Kerotan

Mate warzone is fucking riddled with cheaters and that's with legit ps and xbox players diluting the lobbies. 99% of the games I play are PlayStation only lobbies. If cross play was forced I'd have stopped playing last year. It's aids.

I read this thread title and was about to not pre order but I see ps5 lobbies are possible so I'll still get it. Xbox and PlayStation players should be able to do cross play without the pc scum.

Hydroxy

PC Cross play with console is bad idea. They should allow cross play only between xbox and PlayStation across both previous and current gen.

TheBoss1

PC Cross play with console is bad idea. They should allow cross play only between xbox and PlayStation across both previous and current gen.
It's not a bad idea IF we can have the option to exclude them. As much fun as it is to mock PC players, the majority don't cheat. It's the 5% who ruin their reputation.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
PC players prior to this: Why would you play an FPS on a controller? Seriously such a PoS input device that is completely limited.
PC players after crossplay: Controllers auto-aim is overpowered so it's just as good as a mkb /glancing at the kdr
Both are true. If you rely on aim assist to be able to have good aim ,you suck. Also the controller if it really need the assist.

TheBoss1

Both are true. If you rely on aim assist to be able to have good aim ,you suck. Also the controller if it really need the assist.
There's a reason MnKB don't have aim assist while controllers do. Point and click has always been infinitely better in shooters than any modern controller can.

Top Bottom