• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

L2Y172om.jpg

If you're on this list... shame on you. Hurry up and add.

Over what's your PSN ID?

Still trying to get comfortable with the DS4 controller coming from using xbox controllers for so long. I rested my index finger on the right bumper and my middle finger on the right trigger. I can't decide if that is comfortable or not on the DS4.

PSN: timmytheman123

Strider

My PSN: Tstrider

This will be the first game I put in my PS4 tomorrow. Dat 64 player 60 fps goodness is the main reason I'm getting the PS4 at launch.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Speaking of twitch:
You must Facebook Connect to send messages to this channel. You can Facebook Connect in your twitch settings under the connections tab.

the fuck

Preemo

Banned
im picking this up for PS4 early 2014, and you better be running engi on armor maps and medic on infantry maps or im judging you.

blahness

Picked my PS4 up last night but havent unboxed it yet. For the people who have it all up and running, how long did it take to dl/install the system update and install BF4? I hope to be able to get it ready on my lunch hour.

Killigath

I'll do the same. Picked mine up at Gamestop at midnight and came home and crashed. Nobody's gonna be in the office today but me, so I'm gonna do set up here soon.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
You guys (and whatever the hell Ody is).My PS4/BF4 isnt working. Please advise.

bQZZgvW

Also I may or may not have posting picrures figured out from my phone.

DoubleD

DL for me didn't take long at all for me. I started playing campaign and it kept crashing. I got a corrupt file message a few times.

Killigath

Ok. Just finished setting it up.

Start to finish you are looking at 20-25 mins. The download only took 6 mins for me (323MB on Comcast Business Cable). One issue I had, I got stuck on "Please Wait" when trying to sign in to my PSN account. Waited 10 mins, then restarted the PS4. Came up to home screen and logged in manually fine.

Just went to PSN Store and put in codes for 30 day Free PS+, $10 PSN Gift Credit, and 12 Month PS+. Started the Download for Amazon Instant Video, Resogun, and Contrast.

When I try to access my account info or go into my profile i get a message saying "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance". But my game downloads are working fine, strange.

meppi

Hoping that the game will be somewhat playable in 2 weeks time for the EU launch so I don't have to deal with most of the things that I've been reading about. :-/
Really doubt it though knowing DICE/EA's background.

OP is perfect btw, although I would add some sparks on the chopper and *disabled* underneath since it's hit with a tank shell. ;)

PSN: meppi64

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
The campaign was bloody awful. I want to say they cut corners and generally did a half-ass job because they were so busy making the multiplayer flawless. Clearly, that is not the case though.

blahness

Lost & killi, did it display my real name when joined the party? I couldn't do voice chat because my NAT level sucks. I will have to work that out later.

Overall, from the point I turned the PS4 on to the BF4 update finishing, it took around 25-30 minutes. I have not experienced any PSN errors or anything like that yet. In full disclosure I did download the PS4 update to a USB stick and updated it from safe mode straight off the bat. It might save some of you some time or headaches in trying to update later on if PSN starts getting hammered.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/pc_update/index.htm

It showed you as "mecha-blahness."

I'm almost done downloading BF4 right now. Flower and Resogun came in pretty quickly over wi-fi. BF4 took about 15 minutes.

I'll be on in 15 minutes or so. Let's shoot people.

blahness

It showed you as "mecha-blahness."

I'm almost done downloading BF4 right now. Flower and Resogun came in pretty quickly over wi-fi. BF4 took about 15 minutes.

I'll be on in 15 minutes or so. Let's shoot people.

I am back at work until tonight :\ I think I have sorted all of my other network issues though.

I'll be on later today when I get off work. Hopefully the PS4 is here by then and then I will go through some updates. I will be on all weekend as long as PSN and the BF4 servers stay up and going. So much caffeine waiting to be consumed haha.

BoatAck

So fire while as a soldier is now R2? That kinda sucks.

I guess it makes vehicle controls more like BF3 though. R2 and L2 are reverse and accelerate on "Veteran" setup.

Top Bottom