• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

Haven't figured out how to stream yet. Took this break to post and see if I can sort it out.

32-player Rush is titties. Suppression is fixed, player movement is fine with the sprint perk. Veteran vehicle controls work just like BF3. Spotting with R1 felt weird for about an hour, but it feels better than back/select now. No lag issues so far, plenty of official servers in the browser. Pretty stoked.

blurrygil

I get home in about 2 hours. But then the lady and I have to set everything up. You fellas gonna be on PS4 all night?

Add me: NOAgil

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
Haven't figured out how to stream yet. Took this break to post and see if I can sort it out.

32-player Rush is titties. Suppression is fixed, player movement is fine with the sprint perk. Veteran vehicle controls work just like BF3. Spotting with R1 felt weird for about an hour, but it feels better than back/select now. No lag issues so far, plenty of official servers in the browser. Pretty stoked.

Or you could have played on the last-gen hardware and already figured most of that out already.

I'm pretty impressed by the magic behind the streaming.

Hopefully, it'll get more dependable once the network issues are sorted out.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
Ody is a nice guy, reminds me of Droopy the cartoon character for some reason.

See I disagree. Been playing with him for awhile now so I think I can paint a pretty good picture.

Imagine moving to a small town, the kind without a stoplight or a Dairy Queen. There is a small dive bar on the edge of town that locals frequent. Every time you go in for a drink you see an ancient-looking man sitting alone at a table seated for one. He sports a salt and pepper beard that a wizerd would be proud of as well as equally worn leather hat and trench coat. He never speaks, only reading out of a small book that looks to be as old as he is. He never speaks, no one speaks to him. The bartender keeps his beer full and someone always silently picks up his tab. After several weeks of this you start quietly ask around about the old man. From a number of hushed sources you learn that no one really Odysseus, an odd name fits an odd fellow, and the tragedy that is his life.

Three decades ago he and his beautiful wife Lauren moved into town following the oil rush. Within a year they had their first and only child, Virginia. Just hours after Virginia can into this world, Lauren was ripped from it due to complications from childbirth. With the task of raising little Virginia resting on solely on his shoulders, Odysseus devoted every ounce of his being into raising his only child.

Fast forward 5 years, little Virginia looking more like her mother every day, is standing with her father, waiting on the bus for her first day of school. Just as the bus arrives he snaps a picture for the scrapbook of her first day of school. Hours later he receives a call from the sheriff, a man had forced his way into the school and kidnapped his daughter and he needed a recent picture to give to the officers searching for her. Odysseus quickly had the picture, taken just hours earlier, developed and in the hands of the police and local news team. News stories were run, flyers made, and leads were run down. Eventually the FBI tracked then down to a vacated farmhouse, but were too late to save little Virginia's life.

The trial was short, too short apparently as the murderer was freed off a court technicality that the murderer's big city lawyer pulled from his ass.

A month after the killer walked free, his body was found in the burned out remains of the farmhouse. 8 .44 magnum holes in his chest and 2 in the face were discovered in the autopsy. The coroner, who happened to be the sheriffs brother, ruled the death a suicide as any evidence to the contrary mysteriously vanished.

The next time you head to the bar you notice bulge on his hip that suspiciously looks like the outline of a large frame revolver, and the framed picture of a little girl hanging just above his head as he slowly flips through his little book. You slip the bartender $20 and in hushed tones say "Ody's drinks are on me tonight"

See I disagree. Been playing with him for awhile now so I think I can paint a pretty good picture.

Imagine moving to a small town, the kind without a stoplight or a Dairy Queen. There is a small dive bar on the edge of town that locals frequent. Every time you go in for a drink you see an ancient-looking man sitting alone at a table seated for one. He sports a salt and pepper beard that a wizerd would be proud of as well as equally worn leather hat and trench coat. He never speaks, only reading out of a small book that looks to be as old as he is. He never speaks, no one speaks to him. The bartender keeps his beer full and someone always silently picks up his tab. After several weeks of this you start quietly ask around about the old man. From a number of hushed sources you learn that no one really Odysseus, an odd name fits an odd fellow, and the tragedy that is his life.

Three decades ago he and his beautiful wife Lauren moved into town following the oil rush. Within a year they had their first and only child, Virginia. Just hours after Virginia can into this world, Lauren was ripped from it due to complications from childbirth. With the task of raising little Virginia resting on solely on his shoulders, Odysseus devoted every ounce of his being into raising his only child.

Fast forward 5 years, little Virginia looking more like her mother every day, is standing with her father, waiting on the bus for her first day of school. Just as the bus arrives he snaps a picture for the scrapbook of her first day of school. Hours later he receives a call from the sheriff, a man had forced his way into the school and kidnapped his daughter and he needed a recent picture to give to the officers searching for her. Odysseus quickly had the picture, taken just hours earlier, developed and in the hands of the police and local news team. News stories were run, flyers made, and leads were run down. Eventually the FBI tracked then down to a vacated farmhouse, but were too late to save little Virginia's life.

The trial was short, too short apparently as the murderer was freed off a court technicality that the murderer's big city lawyer pulled from his ass.

A month after the killer walked free, his body was found in the burned out remains of the farmhouse. 8 .44 magnum holes in his chest and 2 in the face were discovered in the autopsy. The coroner, who happened to be the sheriffs brother, ruled the death a suicide as any evidence to the contrary mysteriously vanished.

The next time you head to the bar you notice bulge on his hip that suspiciously looks like the outline of a large frame revolver, and the framed picture of a little girl hanging just above his head as he slowly flips through his little book. You slip the bartender $20 and in hushed tones say "Ody's drinks are on me tonight"

Confirmed, Ody is a murderer.

Just got done updating. Still need to install the game then ill be on!

I doubt that. PSN's down and out.

Killigath

PSN won't let me sign in. I'll keep trying.

That explains why you haven't been on after I got off work tonight. Me and Double played about 10 games of TDM. We kept wondering why you disappeared, not like you to miss a launch evening. Hope PSN lets you log on in the morning.

You will forever be a junior with these kinds of posts.

lol

olimpia84

I guess I'm not playing this tonight. Downloaded the single player portion, MP is still "installing". I left my console on stand by so hopefully it will continue to install the game throughout the night.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
You will forever be a junior with these kinds of posts.

lol

XPYwi.gif

isual

dont worry guys. in 12 hours, the best Battlefield 5 star general will be on ps4.

add me if you guys wanna win.

isual13

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
This isn't... the PS4 version. And it's pausing every couple of seconds.

Bad Taffy!

The pauses are technical difficulties I had and mostly resolved at some point.

It's totes the PS4 version. The graphics are just that bad. They even stole the 360 style dashboard and bleep-bloop notifications.

Everything you know is a lie.

Also no-one said this was a ps4 only club. Thread title just says consoles in general. My sick gameplay can be admired on all versions.

The pauses are technical difficulties I had and mostly resolved at some point.

It's totes the PS4 version. The graphics are just that bad. They even stole the 360 style dashboard and bleep-bloop notifications.

Everything you know is a lie.

Also no-one said this was a ps4 only club. Thread title just says consoles in general. My sick gameplay can be admired on all versions.

Go buy a PS4, Taffy.

Strider

I'm loving this game so far, but I definitely need to squad up with some of you guys. I posted it earlier but for anyone else that would like to add another BF4 player to their friends list....

PSN: Tstrider

You'd think people would get the hint when you jump up and down right in front of them while asking for ammo but nope.

Strider

Unfortunately, squads either don't exist in PS4 BF4 or they are buried so deep none of us can figure out how to use them.

In the menu where you select your load out, etc. you can press Triangle for Team Setup. That'll take you to the squad screen.

You can leave, join, and create squads from there.

Killigath

Yeah maybe I should clarify. Not talking about in-game squad. Talking about partying up with 2-5 folks pre-game and joining a game as a squad. It was buggy on Xbox 360, squads would get split sometimes. Maybe DICE just decided to do away with party joins instead of fixing it. You can join on a friend, if there is room in the game. Hard to find games with more than 1-2 slots empty right now though.

olimpia84

This is beyond stupidity at this point. I have to re-learn the fucking controls for the umpteenth time now that we don't have the option to aim with L1 R1. YES, I get it, L2 R2 feels much better for I want the fucking option to aim with what I want.

Oh, and Conquest servers are not working for me, probably because it's the only game mode people are trying to play atm.

Strider

Yeah maybe I should clarify. Not talking about in-game squad. Talking about partying up with 2-5 folks pre-game and joining a game as a squad. It was buggy on Xbox 360, squads would get split sometimes. Maybe DICE just decided to do away with party joins instead of fixing it. You can join on a friend, if there is room in the game. Hard to find games with more than 1-2 slots empty right now though.

oh ok. Yea I didn't understand how in the world you couldn't find the in-game squad but thought I'd point it out anyway lol

So BF4 on PS4 is pretty amazing, when it works. I was able to connect to rush and obliteration servers last night, but could not get into a conquest server at all. In would attempt to join and then get a network connection error. Also some matches i would get dropped to the dashboard at random times and get a system error message. When the game is working though, it is great. Smooth gameplay, great visuals and I am loving the gameplay of BF4 as well!

Top Bottom