• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4Central Rumor: New Battlefield 4 details from wallpaper leaker [Updated]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It sounds fairly believable.

BF4Central said:

Leaked Battlefield 4 details:

This info comes from the same source who was the first to leak the Battlefield 4 artwork / teaser, and who was also spot on about EA releasing a teaser trailer. So we’re pretty confident in this information.

Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.
Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed “Eastern/Asian” faction.
4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3
Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
DLC is already in planning stages.
Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.
More squad features.
Commander feature returns, but won’t be the same as in BF2
Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
Will ship with more game modes than BF3
Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3
Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.

Source: http://bf4central.com/2013/03/battlefield-4-leaked-details/

These are from JBO, the guy who originally posted the description of the leaked artwork and later leaked the full wallpaper. He's been in the know for BF4 the last week or so.

yKm.png

zKm.png

0Km.png

1Km.png

Found in these tweets: #1, #2

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Don't know why but I'm not really expecting a big jump from 3 to 4, getting expansion vibes from this.

DTKT

Give me bigger maps, more emphasis on squad play and teammates and better vehicle combat. That's all I want.

typical ea already planning on dlc when the game is still a ways away, why not just include that in the game you greedy bastards

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sounds decent enough. The DLC is a bit worrying though.

At least BF3's was handled adequately.
BF3's Back to Karkand pack was announced alongside the game. Probably something similar here. BF3 had excellent DLC support so I'm not too worried about it.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I like that there will be more close quarters maps. I love infantry combat in BF3 and the CQ expansion was fantastic. I just want there to be a good balance between large scale stuff and smaller scale stuff.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
typical ea already planning on dlc when the game is still a ways away, why not just include that in the game you greedy bastards
It was the same with BF3... but the DLC is so good that i dont care.
</BF Whale>

BF4 Premium is day one for me.

Salsa

everything sounds pretty good

Premium day 1 is kind of a bummer money-wise, but honestly Premium in BF3 was the best out of the "season passes" or whatever you wanna call it on any game ive ever played, so if I like the game enough i'll probably break and get it.

I just want proper Commander back. Hopefully its not too different.

edit: oh yeah, more close quarter maps... :/

FinKL

Will the BF3 Maps/DLC carry over?

I'm assuming no, as I held off on the premium after reading about the earliest indication of BF4

More CQC to lure in the COD people.

Rad-

What's wrong with close quarter infantry maps? Karkand was one. Surely there were few bad ones as well but... Karkand.

DTKT

What's wrong with close quarter infantry maps? Karkand was one. Surely there were few bad ones as well but... Karkand.

Metro Conquest is CQB. The first DLC is CQB. Karkand is not CQB. Also, this is just painful to read:

Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.

Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.

They're planning for it, not actually working on it. Many games do this. Also BF4 is only half a year away.

Not completely defending it though, but I'm more on the thought process that I buy a game if it has enough value, not that everything made to that point should be mine. I'll judge the value of BF4 when we know more, but as many maps as BF3 sounds good.

King_Moc

Banned

They're allowed to know that they're going to it. Did you think they were going to release the game, then after a week go, "Oh, you know what we should do now!!!???? You'll never guess!!!".

BF3 dlc was done fairly well. It ended up being decent value in comparison to the original game too. 19 dlc maps compared to 9 in the retail game (i'll ignore the single player as i assume no one cared about it).

Bob White

No. The Karkland maps are mid/large size. With not many man made boarders and other choke point inducing bullshit. Op Metro/Grand Bazaar are what we're talking about. Derp derp ass choke point maps with no flanking routes.

Seriously, I'm already in "fuck this game" mode with BF4. BF3 was such a let down. Thank the heavens for Planetside 2. The game I thought BF3 was going to be.

J-Rzez

Will ship with more game modes than BF3

I'm OK with this. I'm not OK if this comes at the expense of larger maps, aka same map count at launch, with more CQB maps. The added game modes is direly needed at launch to keep up with CoD-whatever. But they really still hurt in the map department. Of course DLC is already well underway, it'll be there day-1... Oh what's that? Premium day 1? Indeed. $60 game becomes a $110 day-1 game, unless they decide to give some lube and bundle them for $79.99.

Top Bottom