• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 15: Three nominees and MVPs, ahoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Oh I totally agree there is no point being upset about what might happen. I was just a bit upset because I really liked Nick and wanted him to stay because I feel he'd be a great late game player. He seemed to have a potential to be a "new Dan" and he wouldn't have a good chance showing that until later in the game. He was a sad casualty for a good cause though I suppose. I'm glad the Moving Company is broken up and it'll be great to watch the fallout of Nick leaving.

With all that said I'm still undecided on the MVP. It just seems fishy that they would bring in one of the most beloved players sister the year the implement it.

Nah, a "new Dan" would never have been back-doored. Dan's magic was his ability to sit under the radar.

natjjohn

MVP is nerfed. As a result, it is kind of boring. It's BB but with having the same HOH every week.

Imagine having the mvp on some past seasons. Jeff as MVP every week... Meh, hopefully it's a one season twist.

MLCodest

Nah, a "new Dan" would never have been back-doored. Dan's magic was his ability to sit under the radar.

Of course he wasn't nearly as good as Dan in hindsight but he did see the game well and just found himself in a really bad situation early on. I just would have liked to see how he grew as a player if he had stayed in the house longer.

Oh I totally agree there is no point being upset about what might happen. I was just a bit upset because I really liked Nick and wanted him to stay because I feel he'd be a great late game player. He seemed to have a potential to be a "new Dan" and he wouldn't have a good chance showing that until later in the game. He was a sad casualty for a good cause though I suppose. I'm glad the Moving Company is broken up and it'll be great to watch the fallout of Nick leaving.

With all that said I'm still undecided on the MVP. It just seems fishy that they would bring in one of the most beloved players sister the year the implement it.

I thought Nick had the potential to be a Dan-like player for about a day or two, but he's just not that type of player. Nick was a guy who thought he could get by on half-way decent strategy, but he had ZERO communication skills. When it came time to get people not in his alliance (not named GM) to do what he wanted, he wilted. At the end of the day, Nick was a worse version of Matt Hoffman, the brains of a group that was never as smart as he thought, who was eliminated when deemed not necessary

Trigger

lol, I wasn't a believer in Howard as a good under the radar player at first. I'm seeing it tonight tho.

Of course he wasn't nearly as good as Dan in hindsight but he did see the game well and just found himself in a really bad situation early on. I just would have liked to see how he grew as a player if he had stayed in the house longer.

Fair enough. Honestly, I think we've seen the extent of his game.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
in0JqTmTEq2bP.gif

MLCodest

I thought Nick had the potential to be a Dan-like player for about a day or two, but he's just not that type of player. Nick was a guy who thought he could get by on half-way decent strategy, but he had ZERO communication skills. When it came time to get people not in his alliance (not named GM) to do what he wanted, he wilted. At the end of the day, Nick was a worse version of Matt Hoffman, the brains of a group that was never as smart as he thought, who was eliminated when deemed not necessary

(Note: I don't really followed feeds or livestreams)

That's how I started to feel as time went by. He had his DR persona which was super smart and cocky but it almost seemed like he didn't want to be there at times. He just looked awkward a lot of the time and would stick to the people he knew well. Alas can't wait for Sunday to see how it all turns out.

Damn, that was a boss episode. I was pretty pissed about the events of last Thursday and the veto so I tuned out everything totally expecting Elissa to be sent home when to my surprise... Epic!

Best week 2 episode ever! I didn't even mind Nick. It was really just some of the people that wanted Elissa out that I wanted to feel the pain.

Phreaker

Haha at GM, she might need a wambulance!

(Yes, I had to buy live feeds after tonight's show)

Is Howard acting like he voted Nick out?

Best week 2 episode ever! I didn't even mind Nick. It was really just some of the people that wanted Elissa out that I wanted to feel the pain.

Totally!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with others here that the MVP will get real old unless it switches to the other side of the house, which is basically 3 unlikable people.

Even if it was overpowered, at least it existed on the opposite side of the power alliance.

Phreaker

Damn I want to but it kind of ruins the surprises of the network episodes that I watch with the wife.

Yes, that it does. I only bought the live feeds once before and it did ruin the surprise for sure. I might only watch it after live shows for a bit as so not ruin too much.

kirblar

MVP is nerfed. As a result, it is kind of boring. It's BB but with having the same HOH every week.

Imagine having the mvp on some past seasons. Jeff as MVP every week... Meh, hopefully it's a one season twist.
Get rid of replacement nominations and the twist works perfectly.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yes, that it does. I only bought the live feeds once before and it did ruin the surprise for sure. I might only watch it after live shows for a bit as so not ruin too much.

But the live feeds are so much more interesting. I mostly watch them late at night before I go to bed, that's when a lot of shit happens. It does ruin the surprise, but it's very exciting to watch people flip live.

Lol

Jessie and Kaitlyn don't want to play anymore. Buncha babies. Even weirder considering Jessie's vote.

That's ridiculous. Kaitlyn is so lame. She's the type of girl that believes in the "cool kids club" kinda crap, it seems. Her own strategy doesn't exist. She's just piggy-backing Jeremy to the top.
I hope she leaves.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Lol

Jessie and Kaitlyn don't want to play anymore. Buncha babies. Even weirder considering Jessie's vote.

Are you sure you don't mean Aaryn and not Jessie?

Would make the veto worthwhile because you can counter the MVP that way.

Makes the HOH worthwhile because they can replace nominees.

I like it!

That would have completely switched the game this week. Aaryn would have put up Candice.

McCrae and Amanda talking. They know either Howard or Spencer are lying. Howard blamed Jessie. McCrae knows that Jessie is too weak to flip like that.

But the live feeds are so much more interesting. I mostly watch them late at night before I go to bed, that's when a lot of shit happens. It does ruin the surprise, but it's very exciting to watch people flip live.

How much are the live feeds? I haven't even tried it out. I have it late night on my TV though, I just don't know when it airs.

Trigger

Yeah, the metagame is fantastic. Also, seeing stuff un-edited is worth it if only to actually understand what's happening.

McCrae and Amanda know Howard and Spencer split their votes and are trying to pin it on Jessie. Howard got too cute here and it's going to bite him in the ass

Phreaker

So gross listening to them all chew (they sound like cows)

I did that last time, but every night I'd be like what? Last night you all were going in this direction....like things that are talked about right after HOH never seem to play out that way come nominations or whatever.

Then on the other hand I can be watching it before I go to sleep and catch something live that keeps me awake until 2am. Like the one year I did get it and that gay guy pulled an absolute nutty and got physical. Sorry that's a bit vague but I'm not good with names. I don't know maybe I do need to buy it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
How much are the live feeds? I haven't even tried it out. I have it late night on my TV though, I just don't know when it airs.

Either $26 or $27 for the season or $10 a month. Watching people scheme simultaneously in different rooms is strangely addicting. I wish I didn't like this as much as I did, but it's definitely a guilty pleasure.

Lol:
from jokers: Aaryn saying she looks like an idiot now, Jeremy said him too he is a communication major and not doing a good job at it, he needs more classes that there are a bunch of great actors here.

Jeremy absolutely sucks at communicating with people who have functioning brains. He tries to force them into something and that he wants instead going about it differently.

Trigger

I want Judd and Jessie to hook up and become the house's invisible power couple, lol.

EDIT- lol, GM will drive Kaitlin and Aaryn crazy this week.

"I just want to be happy!"

Nuklear

Banned
Amanda just figured out Howard's vote and them trying to pin it on Jessie. This woman is too good at snuffing shit out.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I want Judd and Jessie to hook up and become the house's invisible power couple, lol.

YES. I would be so happy if it was a Jessie and Judd final 2, lol. Secretly working from behind Jessie's cluelessness and Judd's slurring speech.

I actually feel sorry for GM. She's taking it really personally, it's very obvious that she is not happy with her life, and she's likely never had someone that actually loves her.

Amanda just figured out Howard's vote and them trying to pin it on Jessie. This woman is too good at snuffing shit out.

It's a stupid lie by Howard and Spence. Why the hell would Jessie flip like that? She's not smart or strong enough in this game. She desperately needs a group to be with.

Nuklear

Banned
YES. I would be so happy if it was a Jessie and Judd final 2, lol. Secretly working from behind Jessie's cluelessness and Judd's slurring speech.

I actually feel sorry for GM. She's taking it really personally, it's very obvious that she is not happy with her life, and she's likely never had someone that actually loves her.

I feel bad for her too. I know where she is coming from sadly.

I don't like that they keep feeding her and giving her hope though when they console her. That will hurt her even more when she is out of house.

Velcro Fly

I legit do feel bad for GM. It seems like it is more than just Nick she is crying about. I know she's said some really bad stuff but I feel really bad for her.

Nuklear

Banned
I legit do feel bad for GM. It seems like it is more than just Nick she is crying about. I know she's said some really bad stuff but I feel really bad for her.

She just hasn't had very good luck with relationships. She has mentioned it before on the streams. She thinks she found someone that just didn't want to sleep with her and was genuine. That is a very heat-crushing experience for most people when their person of interest is just up and gone.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

She has said some of the absolute worst stuff in this house, but yeah she has some serious issues and it feels kinda gross to be watching them play out like this. She's said stuff before that has made me wonder about her, but she desperately needs some sort of help in her life. This is not a rational response for someone you met a couple of weeks ago.

I post so much in this thread that I spoiler random posts I make in other threads now.

Hahahahahahaha Aaryn right now.
"If she wins the money good. She'll need it, because she'll never be able to get a job." If only you were talking about yourself there Aaryn...

"now I look like an idiot, because I believed people."....Yup, that's why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom