• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big year for Nintendo..

Klayzer

I think Nintendo will easily distance itself from the pack when it comes to sales this year. The rumored incoming new Switch models plus the mainline Pokemon this year will probably be unbeatable.

Games to look forward this year includes the following:
-Fire Emblem
-Marvel Alliance 3
-Astral Chain
-Super Mario Maker 2
-Daemon X Machina
-Legend of Zelda:LA

Some pretty interesting games in my opinion. Thoughts Gaffers.

Where the fuck is Pokemon: Shield on your list? That's gonna be their biggest seller lol.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Ignore what I said lol.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The biggest I’m looking forward to for switch is.......
astralchaingif.gif

I hope we see more footage of the game this E3. HYYYYYYPED!!!

CloudSolace

From what I'm hearing the Switch "Pro" is just going to be a modest upgrade which is very disappointing. I might pick up the Switch Mini, though. Depends on the price and what it's like. I'm really looking forward to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Last edited:

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Out of that list, I'm only getting Link's Awakening.

I'd like to get into Fire Emblem, but I don't really know a good place to start.

For reference, my top console rpgs are Chrono Trigger, FF6, FF7.

Don't really like any Mario offshoots or Pokemon so rip me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Zelda & Pokémon for me. Maybe Luigi's Mansion 3.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Probably gonna get all those games, except Daemon X Machina. Things are looking good for the Switch.

Andyliini

1sh half is slow for me (thankfully, as my backlog is huge), but during 2nd half. I'll probably burn my pockets:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Astral Chain
Daemon X Machina
Luigi's Mansion 3
Town
Dragon Quest XI S
Oninaki

Some fine looking games. I think there actually won't be a huge december release revealed this E3, 2nd half is quite packed already.

Mista

Banned
I wouldn’t call that “big year” to be honest. Those games are mid-tier but I don’t really care if it’s going to offer me lots of fun. Also we don’t know what might be releasing this year too, I’m sure there’re couple unannounced games for this year BUT, I need Luigi’s mansion in my system right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

GenericUser

I think Nintendo will easily distance itself from the pack when it comes to sales this year. The rumored incoming new Switch models plus the mainline Pokemon this year will probably be unbeatable.

-Fire Emblem
-Marvel Alliance 3
-Astral Chain
-Super Mario Maker 2
-Daemon X Machina

Fire emblem is the only game I'm remotely interested in. I don't care about the rest. Zelda is nice, but it's just a remake. To be honest: switch looks more and more unappealing in my eyes. One of the reasons is the next gen, that is supposedly lurking around the corner. The technical shortcomings of the switch are simply becoming too obvious and drastic for me to overlook.

PocoJoe

Banned
Fire emblem is the only game I'm remotely interested in. I don't care about the rest. Zelda is nice, but it's just a remake. To be honest: switch looks more and more unappealing in my eyes. One of the reasons is the next gen, that is supposedly lurking around the corner. The technical shortcomings of the switch are simply becoming too obvious and drastic for me to overlook.

I was coming to say the same. Maybe interested in Fire emblem, but nothing else. Zelda I would get, but they ruined it with that fucking shitty modern childish art style so it looks like some browser game for kids, no thanks.

Switch have been really disappointing when I noticed that I'm not a fan of modern nintendo games. And yes, the lack of performance is bad, nobody can claim that if switch would be twice more powerful aka around 60% of xbox s power, it would be much easier to make modern games without too big compromises.

While on playstation I have like +40 games that I want to finish when I have the time.
- detroid become human
- rdr2
- days gone(on friday)
- vampire
- dark souls 1, bloodborne
- witcher 3 dlc
- maybe zero horizon
- spiderman
- god of war
- uncharted 1-4
- tomb raider
- the surge

few that I could say out of my head.

On switch I have xenoblade 2 and almost finished zelda.

I still say that switch is worth of these 2 games, but rest are just not interesting for me, mario odyssey were the most boring game of the year to me, so I guess most nintendo IPs arent for me and 3rd party is either shitty indies or worse ports.

I think that Nintendos problem is, that it doesnt offer many deep story driven games, more like "lets play for 15 minutes" type of games or games with simple mechanics like smash that are hard to master but boring and repetitive.

BlackTron

Yeah I wouldn't call it a big year but there are some decent games coming out. Fire Emblem for sure, too bad about LA's art style because it's one of my favorite games of all time. It really deserved better.

I was excited about the mech game Daemon until the demo. Hopefully they can fix that but I honestly forgot about it until this thread.

Glad I skipped Mario Maker on Wii U. I intend to pick up 2 but again...not earth shattering stuff to me lol.

When I think big year, I think 2017 where they dropped a Mario and Zelda.

Smasher89

Looking like a weak year again, considering E3 has been super lacking when it comes to new game reveals i bet we can just add 1-2 more games to that list for this year, nintendo firering a lot of staff some years ago sure is noticable, and the hd switch makes it even slower for big new games.

Kenpachii

Honestly all looks like low effort stuff to me. If any of that released on PC i wouldn't bet a eye on it.

But its typical with nintendo already for gens, they make a handful of real effort games then just bail out with rehashes, remakes, reskins and call it a day.

Call me when next breath of the wild game releases.

Last edited:
That list is pretty 'meh' or 'normal' levels for my gaming prefs without Animal Crossing and Pokemon and even with that I would not call it a Big year for Nintendo. If every game on that list is really really good though it might get interesting.

The Switch is not about to stop outselling other platforms though.

all they had to do is port Xenoblade X Elma Returns, that is all I asked for :(

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
The most interesting Nintendo games this year for me are the LA remake and Animal Crossing. I don’t really play the Pokémon games but it will be cool at least to see all the new Pokémon also. And there could potentially be more unannounced games at E3. So yeah I think it’s a pretty good year, if it wasn’t for Smash 5 I think it would be better than last year.

DonF

Looking forward to:

-Fire Emblem

Cautiously optimistic for

-Astral Chain (Only thing I've seen is that trailer)
-Daemon X Machina (the demo runs like shit)

Not a big year for me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

-Fire Emblem
-Marvel Alliance 3
-Astral Chain
-Super Mario Maker 2
-Daemon X Machina

I am so hype for Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, and Zelda. I am hopfully optimistic about Daemon X Machina and may pick up Mario Maker 2 (though I don't care much for Kaizo style levels, which seemed to be the go-to for many on the original).

Marvel I will more than likely skip as I do not like the previous two games and thought they were genuinely pretty awful. Hopefully those into that style of game will enjoy it!

Excited to see what else comes out this year by Ninty.

I'm stoked for Fire Emblem, Mario Maker 2 and Zelda Links Awakening, Never played a Marvel Alliance game, I may check it out. The demo for Daemon X Machina was decent but I'm still on the fence myself.

I like Nintendo and I hope they do well this year. That being said, i think the xbox has the most upside. It is hard to go any further down and MS seems to have some monentum, even for not having as many successful games. Games that i think will keep the xbox on an upward trend this year: ori and the will of the wisps (should be huge imo), Battletoads (if it isnt delayed to 2020), Void Bastards, Tunic (this game is oozing with charm), and Gears 5 (like it or hate it, it is a popular IP). Now it isnt supposed to release this year, but if The Last Night somehow also releases in 2019, that would be a respectable line-up imo. And dont forget the discless xbox sku that will sell for a little cheaper.

The Nintendo game im most interested in this year is Animal Crossing. I hope Nintendo goes crazy with it and does a full blowout reveal during e3.

blackjon24

Maybe I'm hater but I think this year is looking dreadful. I see no breath of the wild or odyssey here.

Astral chain and the new generation pokemon are looking game to be my only buys this year. Would have loved smt5 and prime 3 but that ain't happening.

Link's awakening was the least impressive remake (if you want to call it that) that I've ever seen. Just compare the excitement level of that to ff7 and re2 remake. The difference is clear.

Last edited:

lucius

Astral Chain and Link Awakening look good but nothing like I need to get as soon as they come out. Year looks average, if you judge it as just handheld it seems ok.

Last edited:
Top Bottom