• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Murray : A ghost in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheebs said:
I doubt you'd be able to wander into random 20-something year old parties out of the blue uninvited and party if you weren't a celebrity like bill though.
i think some 50ish person could wander into a random 20 something party, but it'd just seem really creepy and weird, as opposed to bill murray where it's cool and weird

Cheebs said:
I doubt you'd be able to wander into random 20-something year old parties out of the blue uninvited and party if you weren't a celebrity like bill though.

But he's earned it.

If I had any story about Bill Murray, no one I know would ever hear the end of it.

btkadams

what a sad and lonely man. going to random parties you weren't invited to is sad enough when you're young but being in your 50s (older?) and going to a 20-something party is just downright pathetic. i hope he figures out his life soon.

on the other hand it would be pretty awesome if bill murray came to your party lol.

Cheebs said:

I crash Ivy league "parties" all the time. A party isn't a party until a black dude shows up

Easytoremember said:
But he's earned it.

If I had any story about Bill Murray, no one I know would ever hear the end of it.

Haha, me too. I've probably told everybody I know the one or two stories I have about various musicians and politicians I've met/interviewed.

Edit - Oh shit, I just realized I have a Bill Murray avatar. I guess I haven't had any reason to look to the left of my screen in awhile.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
I'm very impressed with GAF that this thread didn't turn into a "oh Bill Murray is such a scumbag for hitting his wife" high horse wank-athon.

Cheebs

Ford Prefect said:
I'm very impressed with GAF that this thread didn't turn into a "oh Bill Murray is such a scumbag for hitting his wife" high horse wank-athon.
As said before, it is best to ignore accusations from divorces unless you actually know what happened. They in many cases are true but in just as many cases claims extremely exaggerated made out of anger and the bitterness of divorce trials. It's impossible to pass judgement not knowing either of the two.

Cheebs said:
As said before, it is best to ignore accusations from divorces unless you actually know what happened. They in many cases are true but in just as many cases claims extremely exaggerated made out of anger and the bitterness of divorce trials. It's impossible to pass judgement not knowing either of the two.

Yeah, I mean, regardless of who the dude is, just reading my own mother's divorce filing is enough for me to ignore those sorts of documents entirely. In the case of my mom, there literally was not a shred of truth to anything in it because she lied all over the place, and on the rare occasion that she was honest, her lawyers blew it way out of proportion.

Cheebs said:
My wife and I once went to a party that a friend had invited us to. We didn't know the actual hosts, and our friends weren't at the party when we arrived. I told my wife I wanted to see how long it would take for someone to ask us who we were. We were there a good hour before she couldn't stand it anymore and told the hosts that our mutual friend had invited us. It wasn't even a late night, loud party where you could expect to blend in.

Gnerd

Neo Member
I used to work at the Phoenician in Phoenix in the mid 90's. During the Phx Open Bill Murray would stay at the hotel. The bartenders said he was a great guy who tipped rather well. During this time most of the Royal Saudi Family was staying at the resort as well. They are obviously stupidly wealthy, I just don't remember anyone saying they were great tippers, or even decent people for that matter.

Aselith

btkadams said:
what a sad and lonely man. going to random parties you weren't invited to is sad enough when you're young but being in your 50s (older?) and going to a 20-something party is just downright pathetic. i hope he figures out his life soon.

on the other hand it would be pretty awesome if bill murray came to your party lol.

Why is that pathetic? It's not like people don't want him there and from the stories that people are telling it doesn't sound like he's being creepy or anything. People seem to like the dude being at their party so why shouldn't he go?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Wow, surprisingly this makes me even less inclined to go to Williamsburg.

That scene got old about 2 years ago :/

Aselith

Yes! One of the funniest movies ever made.

toaster_groundhogday.jpg

Thaedolus

wormstrangler said:
I have never seen Groundhog Day.

I have seen, and liked Lost in Translation though.

Should I watch it?

Groundhog Day is right up with Ghostbusters as one of my favorite movies ever, and both are awesome in large part to Bill Murray

How can people say it's sad that he goes to parties he wasn't invited to? Isn't there a rule about Bill Murray always being invited to parties? I know there is to my parties...

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
How can people say it's sad that he goes to parties he wasn't invited to? Isn't there a rule about Bill Murray always being invited to parties? I know there is to my parties...
This man makes a strong point.

Roi

AbortedWalrusFetus said:

Bill Murray doesn't get invited to a party, he is the party.

I went to a screening and talk for some crappy Bill Murray movie in the 90s. After the show, he answered some questions from the audience. Someone got up and demanded his ticket money back for watching The Man Who Knew Too Little. True to the commercial, Murray gave the dude his ticket money back.

BAM! Saw Bill Murray on the subway in NYC earlier this year. He is on the far right. I didn't want to be super obvious when taking the pic so it came out kind of crappy. It was surreal to have Bill Murray come on the train right behind me and stand next to me for several stops. I was too chicken to say anything. I then backed a way a little to take a pic. I swear no one recognized him on the train. I was looking at other peoples faces and I got no hint that people were even remotely aware of his presence. I skipped class this night when I ran into him.. needless to say, I was meant to skip that class.

2zgz2ac.jpg

gutterboy44 said:
BAM! Saw Bill Murray on the subway in NYC earlier this year. He is on the far right. I didn't want to be super obvious when taking the pic so it came out kind of crappy. It was surreal to have Bill Murray come on the train right behind me and stand next to me for several stops. I was too chicken to say anything. I then backed a way a little to take a pic. I swear no one recognized him on the train. I was looking at other peoples faces and I got no hint that people were even remotely aware of his presence. I skipped class this night when I ran into him.. needless to say, I was meant to skip that class.

2zgz2ac.jpg

Seeing all that Mets crap makes me sad for Bill. He needs to come back to Chicago where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom