• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Collection boxart leaked

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If they do touch up the graphics, they'd better not mess up this man's immaculately modeled feet.

cF60ruZ.jpg

Pryce

Bioshock still looks rough at 1080p60. That game's visuals aged poorly, particularly the lighting and textures. It's a shame because the art is really great. I'm hoping for more than just a framerate and resolution bump in this case

Well I'm mainly talking about Infinite. That game ran like shit on PS3.

This is pretty much 100% confirmed so we just need a perfect thread title.

Bioshock Collection OT: A Tale of Two Cities

Done, now just release it 2K.

itxaka

Defeatist
Why not? Sleeping Dogs also got a 'remaster' on PC for example that doesn't change that much.
It's just a nice collection and will probably include the DLC(?).

That said, the 3 Bioshock games together were 10 euro or something like that on the recent Steam sales, so I'm very interested to see how they price them.

Isnt the sleeping dogs "remaster" on pc all fucked up with abysmal performance and minimal improvements? Also it removes the original so you are forced to play the "remaster" ?

Yeah, no thanks.

Tagyhag

Since it's also coming out on PC I wonder if they're doing any remastering for the older titles?

The only thing I'd change is the 30fps animations.

Fuchsdh

I wonder if the PC versions of 1-2 are remastered or updated for this. The ports are ok it's just that some animations in 60fps are a little choppy like they were running in 30fps or something. Also had some of the quirks that came with being before most console ports were super great at the time.

Awesome box art though.

What if I were to tell you... they were?

If they do touch up the graphics, they'd better not mess up this man's immaculately modeled feet.

Welp, now can't unsee. Although aside from BS2 the NPCs have always been the weakest part of the games.

The Rizza

I know it's a longshot, but I actually hope they somehow remaster B2's multiplayer. It was fun and different. Had a great time with it and would love to see it back

Hope they release a version without infinite so I can buy it without feeling guilty about rebuying one of the most pretentious games from last gen.

Maxey

Nice cover art.

I wonder if they'll just upres and apply some spit and shine to the first two games or port them to the Infinite engine for better graphics and controls.

III-V

I really do not like that cover art, but most reactions seem positive. Too bad its not announced yet. Hopefully, we do see some upgrade, framerate at least.

angelic

Banned
Nice cover art.

I wonder if they'll just upres and apply some spit and shine to the first two games or port them to the Infinite engine for better graphics and controls.

No chance, it'll be 1080p 60fps at best, 1080 30fps at worst, look at Dishonored. Bio 1 is super customised UE, it'd take ages to port it to UE3, for no real benefit.

Olengie

Hope they don't include Bioshock 2's multiplayer. While I loved it to a certain extent, I don't want to go through it all over again.

El_Chino

What are you realistically expecting? **

Bioshock 1 and 2 to be completely redone in an updated UE 3 engine?

Infinite to just run at a higher resolution, maybe 60fps?, better lighting and textures?

Bizzquik

What are enjoying realistically expecting?

I was going to say "bare-bones cash grab" ...then I remembered 2K budgeted a lot of money for Rockstar to improve GTA5. (probably because they knew it would sell well)

Borderlands Handsome Collection, though, was basically just upped to 1080p and then had some lighting improvements.

What are enjoying realistically expecting?

Infinite to just run at a higher resolution, maybe 60fps?, better lighting and textures?

If Bioshock 1 and 2 have some significant upgrades, I'll go back in a heartbeat, but if this is just a bundle then no thanks.

El_Chino

I was going to say "bare-bones cash grab" ...then I remembered 2K budgeted a lot of money for Rockstar to improve GTA5. (probably because they knew it would sell well)

Borderlands Handsome Collection, though, was basically just upped to 1080p and then had some lighting improvements.

If Bioshock 1 and 2 have some significant upgrades, I'll go back in a heartbeat, but if this is just a bundle then no thanks.
I meant what are you expecting realistically** but yeah, I hope 1&2 get shown some real love!

Ghazi

I love Infinite but I never want to do the Clash of Clouds or whatever arena dlc ever again for the trophies. It'll probably be included though since it's just single player dlc.

Thank god BioShock 2's multiplayer probably won't make the cut for this remaster.
I'm sad I won't be able to lightning plasmid people and then crossbow them for an insta kill. The good old days, my friends got really high on the leaderboards.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What are you realistically expecting? **

Ummm...yeah.

What else could they do with it....?

Top Bottom