• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Just finished the IGN combat video. Combat looks like a lot of fun and far more dynamic than BioShock.

Really hoping I end up enjoying Infinite more than BioShock. Combat is a good indication.

Zeliard

It'll be available for you trust me, and the guy posting comments is in the intro of the game. If you want this game to kick your ass it will.

Are you able to detail the specifics of 1999 mode? I know some of what it entails but I haven't seen a concrete list of changes anywhere.

Gacha-pin

I shut out Bioshock related news for months and today, I found out the game will be out next week. Yay :)

It's the first time for me to watch actual gameplay footages. Is zip-line a big part of the game? It looks like a rail shooter...

Nando13

I shut out Bioshock related news for months and today, I found out the game will be out next week. Yay :)

It's the first time for me to watch actual gameplay footages. Is zip-line a big part of the game? It looks like a rail shooter...

Absolutely not. It is just for move between zones.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think they changed Comstock's design from this:

ibilzqEXMlEAtF.png

to this:

BioShock-Infinite-Comstock.jpg

ElRenoRaven

So can't wait. Loved the first and liked the 2nd not done by Ken and co. This one though is looking like it's going to be amazing.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How good are my chances that AMD will send me my code on release day, or dare I say before? My new 7950 is hungering for Infinite.

papercamm

I've found my way home. On a side note I think the way they chose to do voice animations for Elizabeth is very expressive but seems a teensy bit rigid at the same time.

Aesthet1c

I'm so torn between hard and 1999 mode.

I want the game to be a challenge, and I like the idea of permenent decisions in 1999 mode, but I worry I will get halfway through the game and it will just be so hard it isn't fun.

FartOfWar

Banned
I'm so torn between hard and 1999 mode.

I want the game to be a challenge, and I like the idea of permenent decisions in 1999 mode, but I worry I will get halfway through the game and it will just be so hard it isn't fun.

This is why it requires the code. We don't want people mistaking 1999 for a hard mode. It's more challenging than that.

Since Destiny seems delayed, this will probably be the only AAA game I buy this year.

First game that should put my new PC (I5 3570k, 7870LE) through it's paces.

Also, I'm really excited for 1999 mode, and the way the skyhook can open up combat.

The_Monk

I'm just dropping by to say what a well done OT this is. Well done fellow GAFfer.

My first Bioshock was 2 and the first time I played it didn't "clicked" with me because it felt very... bizzare. What a strange world, but then the interest started growing on me and I ended up quite liking. A few months after I found a nice Steelbook Case of the first Bioshock and I knew I had to get it, it is very well done! I played then the first one but the controls felt a bit stranger to me but again, I let myself get lost by those worlds.

I am now curious about this one but it's seems more action packed. I will admit, playing Bioshock 2 with an Headset gave me a couple of scaring moments (anyone else?) I have never tried Multiplayer, still have my PS Plus copy of Bioshock 2 to replay at some point. Never played them on the PC...

Either way, good OT! That's what I came here to post.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is why it requires the code. We don't want people mistaking 1999 for a hard mode. It's more challenging than that.

Any word on how or where we can find the code? or will you guys just reveal it before release?

btw. your twitter is hilarious and often NSFW :p

BraXzy

So hyped for this game. The setting seems amazing, and everything I've seen looks brilliant. Pre-purchased the definitive (PC) version on GMG, come onnnnnnn 26th.

I never got round to playing the original, do you think I'd get series fatigue like it mentions in the FAQ?

Can't wait to get my hands on this game. For BioShock's many problems (last third of the game), Rapture wasn't one of them. One of the best settings in video games, and Columbia looks even better.

dogstar

Banned
Great thread; so well put together... the effort is apriceated here.

Waiting with baited breath for my PC DVD version to arrive next week; its going to feel like forever.

NAPK1NS

Absolutely not. It is just for move between zones.
(about sky rails)

I don't think that's it, either. I think in the larger combat settings you can use it for mobility around the environment. It's not a way to quick travel through the game. I don't have the game of course, but Irrational doesn't want you to blitz past the environments. They DO want new ways to tackle combat scenarios, however.

Amir0x

Banned
It'll be available for you trust me, and the guy posting comments is in the intro of the game. If you want this game to kick your ass it will.

I do indeed want it to kick my ass.

The more important question is: Will Bioshock Infinite enjoy it when it's beating me down? Will it take some sick satisfaction in my mutilated corpse? Because that... that is the mark of a great game!

FartOfWar

Banned
Since Elliott sucks any won't answer, has anyone seen a full list of 1999 mode changes anywhere?

haha dude sorry, I've talked it about it in a few interviews. Working atm but a few features include: resurrection costs cash (since cash availability already differs in the mode rez expenditures come out of an already stretched-thin wallet with funds you need to use on upgrades), all foes revert to full HP on death, if you die without cash for a rez you'll have to load a quicksave, stuff like that. If some fool just stumbled into the mode thinking it was standard Hard or whatever he'd get massacred and hate the game. It's Derrick mode. Are you a bad enough dude to go full Derrick TM?

Zeliard

haha dude sorry, I've talked it about it in a few interviews. Working atm but a few features include: resurrection costs cash, all foes revert to full HP on death, stuff like that

It's all good, I'm just messin. :p Main thing I was curious about is this Levine quote from that GI interview:

I think there's a few nostrums – there's a few pieces of content that are custom for 1999 mode

Any exclusive stuffs for a 1999 mode playthrough that you know of? Or is it secrets? ;)

Wizman23

Banned
Absolutely not, it's a combat mobility tool. You can leap from line to line, Immelman, skyline attack foes on lines, on the ground, brake, accelerate, etc.
Is the skyline used for travel as well and is All of Columbia interconnected via skyline? I'm more or less asking if I can just go explore the city via skyline. I'm hoping its not only there for combat

Top Bottom