• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite's first DLC most likely to be revealed on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelic

Banned
4A games have already delivered on the Metro: Last Light season pass.

It's about damn time, Ken.

He made a special point that they didnt start work on the DLC til it shipped. We can't have it both ways as gamers, this guarantees its not a 3kb unlock file.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Steam just updated the game.

CHANGES INCLUDED IN PATCH 6
Added features necessary to support upcoming DLC.

Fix for issue where the navigation assist / nav aid arrow was not showing the path of jumping from the deck of the barge to the sky-line above when viewing it from the barge after the town lottery.

Zoc

I hope the DLC is more open-ended and allows for some amount of free travel between areas. The lack of free travel really made the game feel like a collection of pretty corridors by the end for me.

Flipyap

Please, please, please be the kind of DLC that redeems the base game. Minerva's Den-style.

Or, screw it, just blow the entire budget on licensing a few more of those wonderful anachronistic cover songs. They were by far the best part of the game, though maybe a bit underused - I need more of that Jim Bonney magic, darn it.

Truant

Just as long as it's not a Vox focused pack. The Vox stuff was just boring compared to the overall mythology.

phierce

I definitely agree with ^^. The Vox shit was by far the most uninteresting part of the game.

Give me some Songbird DLC!

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised I had to go to the second page to find this thread. Get hyped GAF.

Levine's responses on Twitter today have been gold:

12h03tp.png

Super Turrican Bioshock Infinite confirmed. I'll be happy as long as there's a C64 version.

Squire

Banned
I'm surprised I had to go to the second page to find this thread. Get hyped GAF.

Levine's responses on Twitter today have been gold:

Super Turrican Bioshock Infinite confirmed. I'll be happy as long as there's a C64 version.

He's been really active tonight. I hope the DLC is cool.

Just as long as it's not a Vox focused pack. The Vox stuff was just boring compared to the overall mythology.

yup

i kind of feel bad for the people who bought the season pass. but if the dlc is substantial and has better gameplay than the main game, i might as well get it too.

I want Songbird, Elizabeth and the Lutecce to be the focus of the dlcs. It's probably going to be something we're not expecting though.

120v

this is probably the only game i've ever been hyped about DLC for. i didn't get the season pass simply because i never got around to it but i probably wouldn't have regretted it, even if i was annoyed.

"super turrican bioshock infinite" forgives everything

I want Songbird, Elizabeth and the Lutecce to be the focus of the dlcs. It's probably going to be something we're not expecting though.

Surely one of the DLC packs will be Songbird focused. The game proper didn't really do Songbird justice, so there is plenty to explore.

I'd like A or C. B would be a bit weird.

I personally want
Booker the Vox Martyr with Fitzroy as the companion.

C seems highly likely considering he goes through a lot of the story, but you never see or meet him (at least the player doesn't see him). In my opinion this indicates a lot of potential for a different view to the story.

Edit: Lack of reading comprehension. :(

brodie_dg

Neo Member
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if this is anything to go by, it's called Clash in the Clouds and is a horde based mode.

Translation claims it has "enemy waves, four new maps, characters to unlock and scoring through leaderboards."

Gutted.

120v

my hopes aren't sky high for this announcement because there's still two to go...

but i'm hoping for something set in future columbia (any time after the 1920s, preferably around the '60s-'80s) there's a shit ton to draw from that

afoni

Banned
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if this is anything to go by, it's called Clash in the Clouds and is a horde based mode.

Translation claims it has "enemy waves, four new maps, characters to unlock and scoring through leaderboards."

Gutted.

seems legit

bronzeP

Banned

Gutted.

4 months waiting for this? no way...

brodie_dg

Neo Member
seems legit

Considering many on Twitter have been saying they've seen trophies on PSN—since removed—going by the name "Clash in the Clouds", I'm fearing it might be.

Unless everyone is trolling, that is. I personally hope they are.

Gutted.

Lulz, if it's true.....oh boy, the meltdowns.

Gutted.

Like the first Dishonored dlc? Say it isn't so.

Ken's tweet about salty internet tears makes sense now...

brodie_dg

Neo Member
And considering Ken has been off writing Logan's Run or whatever it is, it seems to add up that it wouldn't be anything story driven.

Gutted.

The world will be pissed if true. I don't think Levine would do that. I hope not.

Like the first Dishonored dlc? Say it isn't so.

Err, the first Dishonored DLC was not just some horde wave mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom