• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite's first DLC most likely to be revealed on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
"three pieces of story-based DLC"

Dude, it's said by the writers of the articles, it's not confirmed by anyone from Irrational.

They left people hanging after buying this shit pass for 4 months expecting something that truly expands the game. It's inexcusable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them, just saying that they can easily find their way out of that arguement.

120v

i expect at least one DLC to be gameplay focused... three story based DLC's is a tall order when you consider the game's assets. or even if they were all story based i would expect at one to be kind of mid-tier ... that said, i'd want them to save the underwhelming stuff for the second time around. i really hope to god the horde thing isn't true. i've been waiting for this a long time

If we don't get any substantial story-based single player dlc, I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass!

I want a standalone story in Columbia. Or even in
Rapture, but with Infinite's control-scheme and powers.

If they had said up front that they planned to do like, two combat addons and one story expansion or two story expansions and one fluffy combat addon, I don't think we'd be having this hand-wringing.

It's the way they just sort of let us assume that it was going to be three story expansions that's strange. Seems like entirely avoidable backlash (if the leak is true).

If we don't get any substantial story-based single player dlc, I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass!

I want a standalone story in Columbia. Or even in
Rapture, but with Infinite's control-scheme and powers.

I would be surprised if they don't do something like "Tales from Columbia" akin to Minervas Den.

And right now, we have a single website saying something, I would wait and see what Irrational actually has been making before saying anything.

And somewhat in their defense: Four months is not exactly a shit ton of time for developing something new and meaningful.

And somewhat in their defense: Four months is not exactly a shit ton of time for developing something new and meaningful.

Minerva's Den came out five months after Bioshock 2, roughly. Then again, I'm not sure if there was any overlap in 2 and Minerva's Den's development.

I would be surprised if they don't do something like "Tales from Columbia" akin to Minervas Den.

And right now, we have a single website saying something, I would wait and see what Irrational actually has been making before saying anything.

Oh, I agree about the last point. We don't actually know what they're doing anyway. I'm just glad I didn't get a season pass.

Season passes are dumb. They're can be like Kickstarter, but usually don't tell you what you're going to get. A lot of people have already gotten burned.

I've never played Bioshock 2 or Minerva's Den but I've only heard good things about it. Love the idea of a self-contained piece of DLC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gotta reuse those scrapped multiplayer assets somewhere.

I respected you for the first two paragraphs because you identified it as the publisher's doing, but then the third paragraph pinned it on the dev.

Shameful.

Yes shameful of irrational games to take lemons and make lemon shit. While rockstar under the same label made lemonade.. Maybe without sugar and overpriced. But still lemonade.

Zeliard

For a 3 hour story dlc using a lot of existing assets (all I expected) it would have been more than enough.

Not necessarily. While developed by different companies with likely differing workflows, Minerva's Den (which used many existing assets) took roughly 7 months to release after Bioshock 2, so that at least gives a sort of ballpark figure on that type of significant story-based DLC offering. Just because it may reuse assets doesn't mean it wouldn't be a time-consuming undertaking.

Not necessarily. While developed by different companies with likely differing workflows, Minerva's Den (which used many existing assets) took roughly 7 months to release after Bioshock 2, so that at least gives a sort of ballpark figure on that type of significant story-based DLC offering. Just because it may reuse assets doesn't mean it wouldn't be a time-consuming undertaking.

Yep, Minerva's was also as a result a substantial piece of DLC.

Think it took me almost 8 hours on hard.

For a 3 hour story dlc using a lot of existing assets (all I expected) it would have been more than enough.

Not if it had new weapons, a decent story, new areas etc.

Take Bioshock 2 for example. It launched in February, and Minervas Den came out at the end of August. These things take time. It's hard to squeeze out anything worthwhile in only a few months.

I think this leak will end up being true. Didn't Ken say he was only going to be involved in 2 of the DLC pieces or something? I can't find any links, but I swear something was said to that effect.

afoni

Banned
Yes shameful of irrational games to take lemons and make lemon shit. While rockstar under the same label made lemonade.. Maybe without sugar and overpriced. But still lemonade.

Irrational haven't even revealed what they're doing with their lemons yet and you're already labelling them as the worst lemonade makers in the business? Did you buy a lemonade pass or something? I can't see any other reason for you to be so sour towards Irrational when you've not even tasted their lemons yet. Now go outside, buy a Sprite and then come back and wait for the lemonade reveal like the rest of us are doing.

This is ridicitrus.

Montresor

I'm not very glad I bought the season pass.

The achievement lover in me was very very happy that I had four or five extra Infusions, and the Electric Punch gear. That made 1999 mode a lot easier. But I don't think that was worth 1600 microsoft points.

=/

Irrational haven't even revealed what they're doing with their lemons yet and you're already labelling them as the worst lemonade makers in the business? Did you buy a lemonade pass or something? I can't see any other reason for you to be so sour towards Irrational when you've not even tasted their lemons yet. Now go outside, buy a Sprite and then come back and wait for the lemonade reveal like the rest of us are doing.

This is ridicitrus.

I think this is a right. Nothing is official as of now. And there's no point in already grabbing the torches and pitchforks.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. They probably need 7-8 months to do a substancial piece of story dlc and that would've been too long for the first piece of dlc to hit, so this will serve as a stopgap.

He was tweeting all night, as we know. Some morning laughs:
XYXd8D5.jpg

kNlDKpt.jpg

Minerva's den was a wonderful lemonade. Premium grade. It was Almdudler.

If hoard mode turns out to be true, do you think there will be an out cry for refunds?

I suppose purchasers of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified can look forward to some good DLC, then.

I think I remember it being publicised that the creative leads who worked on Minerva's Den left 2K Marin not long afterwards to form their own studio. I believe they have a pc game, gone home, out this year. This is from memory, so might be inaccurate.

afoni

Banned
What if you have not drunk it yet!
All I have is the cup for it to be served in.

Maybe you shouldn't have bought into this new lemonade scheme where they give you the cup for later so that you can enjoy the lemonade when it's done. You're stuck with three lemonades now, but you have none of them yet.

Don't pre-order lemonade. That's the lesson.

I feel like I'm the only one who loved Infinite's core gameplay. I wouldn't mind this honestly. Rather not have story stuff awkwardly told in an hour or 2 short story.

H3xum

They don't have the balls to do a hoarde mode right out of the gate, right?

That sounds like that will be the sandwiched DLC between two hefty story installments if anything, just to bide time.

eurogamer said:
The first of BioShock Infinite's three promised instalments of downloadable content is finished and goes on sale today, Irrational Games has revealed.

However, the bigger news is that the second and third DLC packs will form a two-part detective story set in Rapture.

Called Burial at Sea, it will star Booker and Elizabeth as private investigator and femme fatale respectively, and you will get to play as both of them.

The DLC pack released today is called Clash in the Clouds. It's a wave-based arena game that makes the most of Infinite's varied combat system.

Rapture_Online.jpg.jpg

Lots more: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-30-bioshock-infinite-dlc-will-take-you-back-to-rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom