• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

Super hyped. I'm a heretic in that Infinite is my favorite Bioshock, but then again I've never played Bioshock 2 or Minerva's Den. The original Bioshock is what got me to spend $1,200 on an HDTV. I'm interested to play it again now that I'm older and wiser. Alas, I must wait until the 15th though.

leng jai

I wonder if the PS4 version will retain or fix the annoying stuttering issue of the PC version. Even on my 6600k/1070 it still stutters terribly which was the same issue I had at launch. Funnily enough the Burial at Sea DLCs didn't really suffer from it apart from when you're loading new areas.

Regginator

The OP seems to imply that there's only one package for BioShock 2 Remastered (which includes all DLC) and I'm wondering if one can apply for it with only Bio2 vanilla or does one have to own Minerva's Den as well?

Luigi87

All three are amazing games in their own right.

Never really intended to replay Bio1/2, but I'm sorely tempted, lol

steven28

Can't wait to play through bio 1 & 2 again,two of my favourite games ever.I really liked infinite as well but i can quite clearly still remember it from 3 years ago so i'm slightly less excited for it.

Jombie

Around 70 gigs.

raw

Ghazi

Doom 2016 is single-handedly 65GB, this is three separate games + their respective DLCs. I feel like that's an acceptable file size for the whole package. But, yeah, that's quite a lot of data to download if you go that route (unfortunately I am).

ekgrey

25GB for Bioshock 1? Pretty sure the current PC version is one 5GB, hopefully it looks noticeably better.

That's 1+2/Minerva's Den combined. But yeah, huge and I hope for significant upgrades.

I wonder if the PS4 version will retain or fix the annoying stuttering issue of the PC version. Even on my 6600k/1070 it still stutters terribly which was the same issue I had at launch. Funnily enough the Burial at Sea DLCs didn't really suffer from it apart from when you loading new areas.

Well that's disappointing. I have the same rig and was expecting buttery smooth. This is free for owners of the Triple Pack, right? I might as well give it a go.

Can't wait to take another trip through Rapture!

...and maybe Columbia if I'm in the mood. I really don't want to fight that
mama ghost
again.

Fisty

So I've beaten all three games + all DLC on PS3 and waiting for this baby to unlock.

As far as "canon" goes (yes I know, time-travel lol), should I play Burial at Sea 1&2 then start Bio1, then Infinite, then 2? Would that be the "correct" order?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So what's the odds that there's a sale on the individual games on Steam? I already owned 1 on PC from years back and will gladly replay now, but I last played Infinite on 360 and loved it.

You guys think we will see a sale on Infinite on Steam?

TitusTroy

I own all the Bioshock games on PC and was wondering if the Infinite DLC will be made available for free if I only own the base game

Varg

Banned
Finished infinte and all its dlc stories on pc a few weeks ago and adored it. Been holding off on playing the first two just for the remasters. I cant wait!!!

Luigi87

I own all the Bioshock games on PC and was wondering if the Infinite DLC will be made available for free if I only own the base game

No.
Essentially only things one already owns get upgraded for for free (which are Bio1, Bio2, and Minerva's Den, as there are no changes to BioInf)

angelic

Banned
The Infinite story DLC is a must if you have even an iota of reverence for the series. Don't do it until you've at least played 1 and 2 though.

I say this every time but no, infinites DLC absolutely smashes the main game to pieces and destroys any good feeling. If you have any love for the characters at all, do not play it. You cannot unlearn what they do with the story, it is completely vile. I am absolutely not joking.

Don't dismiss this as internet crazy person, if you are happy at the end of infinite, you will absolutely not be happy by the end of the DLC. Don't play it.

zerotol

Banned
2 more hours til it unlocks.

Have to admit I'm more excited to be replaying this and Dead Rising than most new games coming out recently.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Reviews? Anyone know the embargo? Is there one? Does anyone even know this game is coming out?

I'm envious of anyone who is playing Minerva's Den for the first time. What I wouldn't give to experience that fresh with no recollection of it

LifEndz

Didn't play any dlc for any of these so I'm excited to return to rapture. This is def a Black Friday pickup for me.

Gator86

Reviews? Anyone know the embargo? Is there one? Does anyone even know this game is coming out?

Haha yeah, i feel the same way. I'm just gonna wait for tomorrow to see the impressions here before taking the plunge. I hope they look/play as well as they should.

goddamnit, i didn't finish RE4 or Nuka-World yet.

I'm still buying this tomorrow. what's the performance difference looking like between PS4 and XB1

Jombie

I'm envious of anyone who is playing Minerva's Den for the first time. What I wouldn't give to experience that fresh with no recollection of it

I didn't play 2 until much later and never got around to the dlc. Looking forward to it.

Is 2K Marin still developing games?

Zimmy68

They fixed most of the issues for me when they removed the GFWL stuff and added proper controller support.
I'll be interested to see if the Infinite glitch is in the console versions.
The one where you can go back and forth to the boardwalk and grind the gifts until you get the rare ones.

OniBaka

For retail copy is all the content on the one disc or is there day one patch like with The handsome jack collection?

Even if it's your first time I strongly recommend a no vita-chamber Survivor difficulty playthrough. It's what Survivor/no listening mode was to The Last of Us. Just makes the game even better.

the achievements on xbox one dont seem to be live yet, if you happen to care about that. Ive seen it happen before with one of the walking dead episodes, and it caused issues with them unlocking later.

Top Bottom