• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

Simo

I have never fully played through all 3 of these games, half way through the first and some of Infinite, so I'm copping this set for sure!! Arriving on Thursday!

heringer

I envy people who get to play Bioshock for the first time. Briliant game, even if the gameplay is kind of mediocre.

Is anyone else thinking of playing the games in chronological order? I feel like it would be hard to go from Infinite to BioShock.

3 of the greatest games of all time. i've beaten them all but i'll play through again with this. trying to decide if i should buy on ps4 or just replay on pc. i have all the games on pc but prefer to play this on my tv if its 60 fps on console anyways.

i'm assuming the pc update comes out at midnight?

Infinite is my 3rd favourite game of all time (after VLR and 999) and I've been dying to revisit it. The original Bioshock is up there too, and I never finished 2. Hyped is an understatement.

DOWN

Banned
Is anyone else thinking of playing the games in chronological order? I feel like it would be hard to go from Infinite to BioShock.

Don't do that. Play in release order. Gameplay evolution, references, etc. are all best experienced in order of release.
So Infinite wont be changed at all on PC cause its already the best version right?

Yeah, it essentially looks modern as can be for its style (despite any flaws) and only came out 3 years ago. Consoles never got to see the higher quality PC version.

Do we have any impressions?

I'm waiting to see how it performs before I work out whether to jump in. That's the positive of UK having a later release I guess.

maus

Heads up for steam users - all the Bioshocks are on sale on the humblebundle store and if you buy all three it's only $14 usd. Pretty crazy deal.

I think the remasters will only be available in the collection afterwards.

So conflicted between getting this and the dead rising collection. I love both of them. This seems like a lot more effort when into it

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Any idea when this'll go live on Steam? I can't find the Collection on Steam right now. I'm going to to assume standard time for most steam releases on the 16th but it'd be nice if it would unlock a bit earlier or at least let me pre-load it.

Gorillaz

Just waiting to hear how this runs on ps4 and if the framerate is 60. If were good on both then this shit is honestly good as bought this week. First real remaster I've been interested in this gen other then CoD4

pbsapeer

Banned
Preordered the Steelbook ready for launch on Friday. Cannot wait. I loved infinite and started the original but already had my PS4 and wanted to play more of that so hyped it's finally on. Whoop woop!!!

I hadnt considered getting this but I randomly have off of work till Friday. Must be a sign!!

If I get it now will it unlock at midnight?

Lister

Banned
It's free on PC, so I've got nothign to lose.

Oooooh, I bet it'll look awesome on my ultra wide! I hope it supports ultra wide resolutions...

aravuus

Already? What's with all these game releases sneaking up on me.

Definitely interested in replaying the whole series. Will have to wait until I'm done with Cold Steel 2 and DQVII though.

The achievement list is same as before (though Xbox and PC owners get the PS3 exclusive stuff this time round).

Everything apart from the MP ones in BS2.

maus

Any idea when this'll go live on Steam? I can't find the Collection on Steam right now. I'm going to to assume standard time for most steam releases on the 16th but it'd be nice if it would unlock a bit earlier or at least let me pre-load it.

From here http://steamcommunity.com/games/7670/announcements/detail/590358275265994185

BioShock: The Collection, and the free upgrades, launch globally on September 15, 2016 on Steam at 3pm PT (12am UTC/ 8am AEST September 16).

Top Bottom