• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What if you buy these original games on steam after the release date? Still get an upgrade?

The announcement says that the free upgrade promotion is for those who already own the games. The original releases will probably be pulled, but even so, activating a gift copy of/retail key for Bio1/Bio2/Minerva's Den would net you both versions, regardless of when you do it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I only own BioShock 1 on Steam, do I still get the remastered version free? Do I need to own all three?

You'll receive the corresponding remastered version for each pre-Infinite BioShock title you own (Bio1/Bio2/Minerva's Den).

Toa TAK

Banned
Apologies, I thought we were past the Statute of limitations re spoilers
Don't feel too bad. People here pick and choose pretty inconsistently about what's a spoiler and what isn't. Same with Off-Topic Side.

I think if there's going to be a shitton of new people coming in, then we got to play it safe.

Already did the first and second levels, but my concern here is with the trophies.

I'm pretty sure I double checked every space so far, but for the next levels I believe the challange may be one step ahead of me.

Is it possible to back track if I forgot something? (Also, I'm saving every Little Sister, didn't remember if this changes anything or only makes the game harder).

Toa TAK

Banned
not too far in but the speech before you enter medical pavillion is changed. its much less dialogue probably because the other was too long ?
FUCK. I knew there was something up with that. I thought I was misremembering since I was already pretty tired.

Man, I remember trying the bioshock 1 demo on PC ages ago. Never played any of them though.

I'm worried they will feel too simple or boring.

Muffdraul

Tracking info says I won't get mine until Thursday. I looked up my original pre-order email from June, and sure enough it says "Est. delivery date Thurs Sept 15." FFFFFUUUUUUUU

KodaRuss

God damnit Amazon. Shipping notification shows I will receive the game Thursday... Two days late. Whats the damn point of preordering.

So this is 1 & 2 & Infinite???

I thought this was only 1 and 2...I am legit interested now!!! :D

Yeah. Should be everything.

Keep in mind that Infinite on consoles is just the PC version. It didn't get remastered, but Infinite already looked great so it's not really an issue.

Gator86

not too far in but the speech before you enter medical pavillion is changed. its much less dialogue probably because the other was too long ?

Why would they feel the need to do this at all? Growing pretty skeptical of this whole package.

TheYanger

I figured the way the DLCs for Infinite were advertised/promoted it would be impossible NOT to know about the
Rapture
angle. I mean, it was one of the selling points/features.
It feels pretty ridiculous spoiler tagging that.

Um....you're wrong.
The DLC is clearly about rapture, but the spoiler debacle above was about the main game, which you're trolling if you don't think that's a spoiler, it's literally the fucking ending. Even if you came late to the game and had seen BaS images, it always looked more like an alternate reality sidestory type of DLC, which fits in fine once you've beaten infinite and doesn't seem confusing to reconcile if you haven't, all without realizing the ACTUAL rapture showing up in the main game

All in all it seems ridiculous at any point to just openly post spoilers in a thread where people are clearly going to be playing a game for the first time, 'statuate of limitations' or not. I mean if someone makes an LTTP and is halfway through a game you don't go tell them how it ends either, even if it's a super NES game.

Um....you're wrong.
The DLC is clearly about rapture, but the spoiler debacle above was about the main game, which you're trolling if you don't think that's a spoiler, it's literally the fucking ending. Even if you came late to the game and had seen BaS images, it always looked more like an alternate reality sidestory type of DLC, which fits in fine once you've beaten infinite and doesn't seem confusing to reconcile if you haven't, all without realizing the ACTUAL rapture showing up in the main game

All in all it seems ridiculous at any point to just openly post spoilers in a thread where people are clearly going to be playing a game for the first time, 'statuate of limitations' or not. I mean if someone makes an LTTP and is halfway through a game you don't go tell them how it ends either, even if it's a super NES game.

Trolling, really? Come on. I'm not trying to be a jackass, but I remember at the time of Burial at Sea's release
it was pretty common knowledge that it wasn't a side story. Irrational did little to play up any side story angle with promo videos like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0udsoJ1T40

It's a safe assumption.

BioShock 2 received controller support as part of the Steamworks patch, and Infinite launched with controller support, however the original game was never updated in such a fashion.

The first game always had a controller option? You had to select it in the options and it all the menu's would change to be like the 360 one.

Does anyone test these fucking games??

Went to check a message in the menu and now the game is frozen. Remember seeing someone mention this earlier.

McBryBry

Question on the free upgrade thing...

I have Bioshock 1 & 2 on my steam account, and no Infinite. Will I get the free remastered version of those 2?

Amazon really done groofed with orders Christ.

I considered pre-ordering this from Amazon months ago but I never saw that release day delivery was available for that item (but it always has been/is for every other title) even though I am a Prime member. I checked again last week when I decided to purchase this and still saw it didn't have release date delivery as an option, therefore I bought from Gamestop. Can't really answer as to why this title didn't have that available, but I don't think it was ever offered for this title.

I pre-ordered from Amazon, won't be getting mine until tomorrow...sadness. I contacted customer service and apparently their supplier shipped it late or something? Anyways, I was given an extra $10 off for my troubles. I suppose paying $40 for the game and getting one day late isn't so bad.

Jake2by4

I considered pre-ordering this from Amazon months ago but I never saw that release day delivery was available for that item (but it always has been/is for every other title) even though I am a Prime member. I checked again last week when I decided to purchase this and still saw it didn't have release date delivery as an option, therefore I bought from Gamestop. Can't really answer as to why this title didn't have that available, but I don't think it was ever offered for this title.
The page show 1 to 2 months delivery. I can't with them.

Muffdraul

I pre-ordered from Amazon, won't be getting mine until tomorrow...sadness. I contacted customer service and apparently their supplier shipped it late or something? Anyways, I was given an extra $10 off for my troubles. I suppose paying $40 for the game and getting one day late isn't so bad.

Consider yourself lucky, sounds like most of us Amazon pre-order chumps get to wait til Thursday.

Top Bottom