• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

Neiteio

So I see on the last page some reports of freezing.

I ordered this but I'm still working through the MGS series. Maybe they'll patch any bugs by the time I'm finished.

Muffdraul

I pre-ordered from Amazon, won't be getting mine until tomorrow...sadness. I contacted customer service and apparently their supplier shipped it late or something? Anyways, I was given an extra $10 off for my troubles. I suppose paying $40 for the game and getting one day late isn't so bad.

If they said that about the supplier they're bullshitting you. I dug up the original email when I pre-ordered in June and sure enough it says "Est delivery Thursday Sept 15." I just wish I'd noticed that earlier, I would have made other plans.

JB1981

Is this just the games at higher res n framerate or have their been upgrades to textures, assets other enhancements etc?

Luigi87

Is this just the games at higher res n framerate or have their been upgrades to textures, assets other enhancements etc?

They've added extra visuals (as well as dev commentary)

IE: When seeing the parts of Rapture near the start underwater, there are jellyfish and seaweed, etc.

Ashhong

What does it mean free update for PC? I bought all 3 individually at various sales. Do I get free content now? I assume the graphics are the same and just upgrade with hardware?

TheYanger

I actually think the water looks really damn good.

I just wish the walls were still wet.

I don't think it's actually possible to watch the entire comparison from that thread and still think the water looks good. At first I was like 'oh that's not bad' during the plane crash. Then you see the collapsed tube and the waterfalls cascading over shit later and it's like...oh.

Was really hoping there would be an option to hide the UI on the X1. Oh well.

You can't record while playing? Seriously?

8rZczQO.png

mdsfx

Will the PC version be a separate install? Or will it be updating the existing installation files for the original games?

Gator86

Was really hoping there would be an option to hide the UI on the X1. Oh well.

You can't record while playing? Seriously?

Yeah, I was hoping for extra options like Hud removal or transparency too. The more I hear about this, the more I'm disgusted at it being a lazy ass cash-in on the name.

Yeah, I was hoping for extra options like Hud removal or transparency too. The more I hear about this, the more I'm disgusted at it being a lazy ass cash-in on the name.

Could always add it in later?

z6ybnlt.png

I'm not too upset, Bioshock is one of the few SP games I constantly replay.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Already own BioShock on Steam (it's installed and everything). Where is the update exactly?

Gator86

Could always add it in later?

z6ybnlt.png

I'm not too upset, Bioshock is one of the few SP games I constantly replay.

They could, but it's nice to have things at launch when a product is being charged at its highest price is and supposed to be complete. I loved the game even on PS3 with all its performance issues so it would be great to see it running well here. It's especially galling when the games cost less than 10 bucks altogether on PC and are getting the remastered version free.

Nemesis_

Got an early copy in the mail and completed BioShock 1 on Survivor. Didn't get a single freeze. Also really surprised to see people thinking this is a lazy cash in, it's not, this feels like one of the stronger Remasters I've played.

SillyJoe

Just got my BioShock 1 Steam key for free from 2K Support, coooool. Never played through to the end so this is nice.

Also, in the OP: isn't the 'No Gods or Kings, Only Man' statue an out-of-date screenshot?

From the official Let's Play:

BioShock 2 received controller support as part of the Steamworks patch, and Infinite launched with controller support, however the original game was never updated in such a fashion.

This is false. Bioshock 1 on PC has controller support. It's in the game's options menu under Customize Controls.

I pre-ordered the collection for PS4 from Amazon, but it hasn't shipped yet. I already own all the games on PC and PS3, but my girlfriend is a huge Bioshock fan and insisted I get the PS4 versions as well *shrug*

Trying to order this on Amazon, Xbox One version is in stock but PS4 says 1-2 month delivery. Wut? Is this likely a glitch? Thinking about ordering anyway to see what happens.

FHIZ

So, weird glitch I'm running into. Playing Bioshock 1, and if I go to the home menu on PS4 for a few minutes, when I go back to the game, it's frozen. Happened twice now.

I wonder when we'll see reviews. This is the kind of package that will take a lot of effort to review.

I still fondly remember the day when I got BioShock. My Mom picked up my pre-ordered copy, and also got me food. I couldn't wait to dive into it, and was blown away from the opening scene.

Quick question. How worth it is this collection if I know
about the fact that the guy who helps you actually betrays you, but that's all I know and I never beat the game
and I beat Bioshock Infinite. Still worth it? I know that's kind of relative but looking for opinions nonetheless.

Toa TAK

Banned
Quick question. How worth it is this collection if I know
about the fact that the guy who helps you actually betrays you, but that's all I know and I never beat the game
and I beat Bioshock Infinite. Still worth it? I know that's kind of relative but looking for opinions nonetheless.
Still worth it.

Also, if you haven't played 2 you'll also want to get in on that.

DOWN

Banned
Seriously though this is another game on PS4 where anisotropic filtering is missing

This is the first time I've ever thought it was a problem for me visually

That said overall the Remaster looks fantastic and often they've added good effects

Top Bottom