• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Deception Errors [Comic: Chapter 16 - Complete]

shiroryu

The "Biotic Underground", lol. Good name for a rock band.

Hope it makes its way into ME3.

Garrus: "Shepard, we're going to need.. *puts on glasses* "antibiotics."

Wow, that is incredibly stupid. Overthrow the Council? And what makes their resistance movement powerful enough to stand against pretty much every single race in the universe's army? There's got to be trillions of opposing people, and plenty are explicitly shown being posted at the actual Citadel in ME1. Stupid.

Unless the Biotic Underground has billions of members, but then why would they have any problems whatsoever taking over Omega, a space station with presumably less than one million inhabitants if even that?

Having not finished the novel (I take it one chapter at a time), I sincerely hold out hope that Zon is just playing or pretending to be extremely stupid to appeal to the naiveté of her followers while having a hidden agenda. I doubt such is the case since she just switched over her plan completely into going after Cerberus.

Chapter 11 (Part 2):

847kR.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, that makes total sense. "Hm, people are leaving. I should shoot the next person I see. Ah, now they are running. I shall shoot another person and just walk out."

Holy fuck, out of all the stupid shit that has happened, that's the worst

Arjen

Illusive brah cracks me up every time.
Pretty fun fact, Grayson somehow managed to send that pendant with info while he was indoctrinated to the ship Gillian was hiding in.

JoeBoy101

Beggar King is phenomenal. Hell the whole comic is in incredible. And to think, if the book hadn't been published, we would never have gotten it.

Hambone

Another awesome panel. Let that be a lesson to anyone who thinks about interrupting a wobbly legged assassin while eating inter-galactic cereal.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Is Hendel in the games? dude sounds like the kind of no-nonsense kinda bro that's a useful team member.

Arjen

"We don't have abything better to do" lol, so cringeworthy that part.
Your comics are the only good thing that has come out of this book.

Is Hendel in the games? dude sounds like the kind of no-nonsense kinda bro that's a useful team member.
No, he worked at the Ascension project before this book, and the game never takes you there.

Patryn

Deception's purpose seems to be, hilariously enough, building up Kai Leng to make him a larger threat to Shepard than before.

Really?

Because thus far he's a cereal-eating sometime cripple that is easily overcome by two biotics.

I fail to see how he's even close to Shepard's league.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've grown strangely attached to LumpOfCole's Kai Lang. I like him.

I'm still reading the whole thread. Amazing stuff.

If I was writing the cereal scene, I would've set it up to where he was placing a bug on the inside line of the cupboard and he takes the cereal and pours a bit of it in his mouth, then places the box back in the same position. A swift, casual move, and shows disrespect for the property without it being tactically stupid and over glorified.

inky

Deception's purpose seems to be, hilariously enough, building up Kai Leng to make him a larger threat to Shepard than before.

It's gonna suck when his ME3 version is nothing like he is in here. Don't worry Lump, your version (or Dietz's) is canon in my heart ;P

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LOL, how the hell do you stab a krogan in the BACK of the neck?

It's gonna suck when his ME3 version is nothing like he is in here. Don't worry Lump, your version (or Dietz's) is canon in my heart ;P

I still hold out hope that ME3's version 'escapes' during the main storyline and he comes back in a DLC pack, packed with cereal and his ultimate weapon.

LOL, how the hell do you stab a krogan in the BACK of the neck?

I believe the book said Kai started executing his "Death by A Thousand Cuts" strategy and managed to get the kill by applying cut #2 to the back of the krogan's neck (which is impossible according to Mass Effect lore).

I believe the book said Kai started executing his "Death by A Thousand Cuts" strategy and managed to get the kill by applying cut #2 to the back of the krogan's neck (which is impossible according to Mass Effect lore).

I might be incorrect in thinking this, but I always thought "Death by A Thousand Cuts" was always just a metaphor. One doesn't actually aim to cut someone a thousand times - but Dietz wrote Kai Leng as if that was his actual, physical goal before he changed tactics when Kim burst in with biotic whatevers.

Mindlog

Really?

Because thus far he's a cereal-eating sometime cripple that is easily overcome by two biotics.

I fail to see how he's even close to Shepard's league.
Kai Leng was a die-hard, cold, and extremely effective professional. This book basically served to give him something that will make him an even bigger threat to, Sheppard. Unfortunately that came at the cost of his previous characterization as a die-hard, cold and extremely effective professional.

They add nothing to the story, and that says something.
I got a chuckle.

Top Bottom