• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

Kadayi

Banned
I'm going to call this a ballsy move.

I don't know. I bought in at 0.2211. my sell is 0.2323 for the 5%. (minus fees) Price wise looking back I think it should hit that at some point in the next week, without too much trouble 🤔

It's all about the carousel of those incremental gains. If that trade comes through I'll be near 40% on my aim this year to flip 2K into 3K.

Last edited:

Ironbunny

The whole Spark token thing - I've been around a while and these hold-x-get-y things never pan out well - effectively it's inflationary. Free coins end up worthless rapidly, and you tend to see the whales manipulate the parent coin upwards to get idiots to buy, then the whales, having already accumulated way before, dump the lot, en-masse. They usually aren't interested in the free coin (they want a simple profit trade) so quite often they'll dump just before the freebie coin comes out, then the freebie turns out to be worthless anyway.

True the spark token is worthless from the start and might so even at the very end. But it is a plus you get when holding xrp. For me the whole point of being excited over spark(flare) isn't the free tokens but the use case of bringing DeFi to XRP's range.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
True the spark token is worthless from the start and might so even at the very end. But it is a plus you get when holding xrp. For me the whole point of being excited over spark(flare) isn't the free tokens but the use case of bringing DeFi to XRP's range.

Honestly I don't bother with use cases - none of them ever work out tbh, I just look at chart fundamentals. If there's news it'll give me some extra thoughts, but for the most part I trade charts. What the chart represents is irrelevant (though I have a few things I won't touch due to absolutely detesting them - bitcoin cash being among them).

Wasa wasa wasa wassssup!

I guess this is the official GAF crypto thread?

I didn’t expect us to break 14k, but I’d say we’re officially in a bull market now. Doesn’t mean we’re breaking 20k right now but... I doubt we’ll see sub 10k anytime soon, if ever 🙁

Ascend

Wasa wasa wasa wassssup!

I guess this is the official GAF crypto thread?

I didn’t expect us to break 14k, but I’d say we’re officially in a bull market now. Doesn’t mean we’re breaking 20k right now but... I doubt we’ll see sub 10k anytime soon, if ever 🙁
Agreed... We might retest 12k, and then rocketship to the moon.

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah, the market is crazy at present. Just waiting to see if my ship comes in on XRP at the moment. it's getting tantalizingly close to my sell.

ron-moved.gif

Irobot82

Yeah, the market is crazy at present. Just waiting to see if my ship comes in on XRP at the moment. it's getting tantalizingly close to my sell.

ron-moved.gif
I should have sold when XRP was like $3.

I stopped trying to trade and this year all I have been doing is buying $50 a paycheck on Coinbase. For the longest time the $1.99 fee was pissing me off but now I buy USDC, no fee. Push it to Pro, exchange and move back.

Kadayi

Banned
I should have sold when XRP was like $3.

I stopped trying to trade and this year all I have been doing is buying $50 a paycheck on Coinbase. For the longest time the $1.99 fee was pissing me off but now I buy USDC, no fee. Push it to Pro, exchange and move back.

I'm just buying and selling on incremental gain. I aim for a 5% gain, sell, then rebuy when there's the inevitable drop, then rinse repeat. Unfortunately, got caught holding XRP when the market dropped suddenly a few months back. Right now I'm firmly in the profit zone if I sell, but I'm just keeping an eye on things to see how far the rise will go and weighing up whether to raise my sell point accordingly. 🤔

Ascend

I'm just buying and selling on incremental gain. I aim for a 5% gain, sell, then rebuy when there's the inevitable drop, then rinse repeat. Unfortunately, got caught holding XRP when the market dropped suddenly a few months back. Right now I'm firmly in the profit zone if I sell, but I'm just keeping an eye on things to see how far the rise will go and weighing up whether to raise my sell point accordingly. 🤔
If that's your strategy, you don't have to do that manually.

I'm gonna send you a private message.

If that's your strategy, you don't have to do that manually.

I'm gonna send you a private message.

I have used some arbitrage bots previously but found they were not very "user friendly"..

What sort of automation have you been using for your trades if you don't mind spilling the beans?

eNT1TY

First rule of shitcoins. Don't buy shitcoins.
I like to throw a lil bit at em once in a while, hell i made $3000 from a $400 investment into FLASH several years ago and about $500 from $70 into ADC, and those were the cream of the crap. I understant gains like those are the exception but sometimes you get lucky and inadvertantly buy during the pump period of a pump and dump. I see shitcoins not as investments but as entertainment, much like horse racing. Shitcoins defy conventional movements and have almost no observable correlations which makes them kinda fun to dabble in if you go in with the mindset that you WILL LOSE EVERYTHING you invested like 95% of the time. Alas, it is a game i haven't played in a while and was asking in that context to clarify because that first rule you mention is the only rule.

Irobot82

Time to sell that XRP bruh. Up 42% today alone.

Kadayi

Banned
Time to sell that XRP bruh. Up 42% today alone.

Yeah Crazy. I hit my percentage on the XRP so had already cashed out on a set limit. If I wasn't busy today, I'd have probably hung on for more, but certainly, no one saw that gain coming. Some people definitely are laughing all the way to the bank for sure, but when the wave crashes I bet it's going to come down hard

Everything is up atm so waiting to see where everything lands before deciding what to buy into 🤔

Irobot82

Yeah Crazy. I hit my percentage on the XRP so had already cashed out on a set limit. If I wasn't busy today, I'd have probably hung on for more, but certainly, no one saw that gain coming. Some people definitely are laughing all the way to the bank for sure, but when the wave crashes I bet it's going to come down hard

Everything is up atm so waiting to see where everything lands before deciding what to buy into 🤔
I've never been good at timing anything in the market. All I do now is buy $50 in BTC every week. Just a long terms savings sort of thing.

Ironbunny

It's gone as high as .49+, any tips? Tempted to sell and buy again when/if it drops.

I am a wrong person to ask about that as I'm more of a hodler. That said it does go up and then crash quite a lot as it is doing atm. Who knows how low it might go again but I imagine it depends on bitcoin too. If bitcoin keeps climing I cant see XRP having a huge reversal down. But as said I am hodling for the Spark token drop myself and higher highs.

Kadayi

Banned
Thanks to both of you for the input. I think I'm just gonna pull the trigger as it stands in the mid .40s. And hop back in when it drops.

Hope you made some nice gains. UK dropped from a high of .37 down to 0.31 but the bots shored it up with some hedging overnight and it's hanging at around .33 but I suspect once the world wakes up (it's 9 on a Sunday) some people are going to start gradually dumping and the price will come down (I could be totally wrong of course ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). Personally going to wait to see how things pan out across the coins. BTC seems to be arching down slightly, though that might be weekend sluggishness.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
My 2017 investment finally produced enough results that I started paying attention again.

I bought more.

48e.jpg

Irobot82

It's like all these alts I've been holding onto since 2016 are on a mad rush this month. Stellar Lumens is mooning now too. Maybe I'll finally dump that when it hits $0.50

Edit: 0x (ZRX) is another altcoin I've had for years. They're all on a tear right now.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
My prediction based on BTC patterns lets hope it happens.

BTC will hit the previous ATH within the next few weeks, its pretty much already there. Alts should hopefully have a run. Then it should be smooth sailing for the next year of gains for BTC with a new ATH somewhere between 100-250K.

BTC went from nothing to 1000, drop again, then spend a few years till it hit 1K, then spent 1 year until it hit 25K then dropped hard. Started recovering over the last few years and here we are again in December flirting with the ATH. So if it holds we should have another year long run with a huge rush next Nov/Dec and then another huge drop.

Alts should hopefully break old ATHs and set new records.

Or I could be totally wrong and everything will crater in 2 weeks.

But lets hope this is the same run we saw from Dec 2016-Dec 2017 where BTC went from 1K to 25K. If so the next year could see a huge boom. But with Crypto you are always one step away from collapse. Chainlink had a yuge run earlier this year from 2$ to 20$ and then dropped back to 11$, and now its recovered again.

What will probably happen is I go in on something and of course with my luck the entire market collapse and I lose 90% of my money.

(all prices in CAD).

Are we still expecting a significant correction? The biggest dip after the most recent surge while yes was kinda big but it was in no way close to what everyone was expecting for a correction and now btc just had a second smaller dip..higher lows... so the further we get from that new ath and smaller the dips get, the more i doubt a true correction will occur anytime soon within this cycle. And looking ahead after this cycle the bottom is gonna be around 20k...

ManofOne

Plus Member
Last edited:

daclynk

ok guys just got an email from cryptopia.nz for Cryptopia Claims Portal. i wants to know if anyone here has successfully recover their assets.

cryptoadam

Banned
BTC gonna go to 28-30K on this run. Expect a retrace after that, but we could be on the ride to 100K+ by next Nov/Dec.

Just waiting on some alts to pop a bubble here.

M. Crassus

where are your numbers coming from?

why are you quite certain?

That's only a x6 from the last all time high. The last time Bitcoin broke its all time high, it went from $1200 to $20.000. And ETH has much more going for it on a fundamental level.

cryptoadam

Banned
Concern for me is that there have been a bunch of recent articles about people buying into BTC. We might get a big FOMO soon but I was hoping for more a slow burn till next year.

M. Crassus M. Crassus where you think BTC goes? 250K+? You think it has the legs? If we go from 20K (last ATH) x20 that would be 400K.

M. Crassus

Concern for me is that there have been a bunch of recent articles about people buying into BTC. We might get a big FOMO soon but I was hoping for more a slow burn till next year.

M. Crassus M. Crassus where you think BTC goes? 250K+? You think it has the legs? If we go from 20K (last ATH) x20 that would be 400K.

Btc has a pretty big market cap already, so I'm not sure if it can pull numbers like the last few times. I'd be selling from 100k to 200k. Crypto can be crazy though, maybe it will rocket all the way to 400k.

Personally, I'm heavily invested in ETH as I think the technology is much more important and it has a lot more room to grow left.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Put a disposable amount of money into some btc and eth.

It's basically gambling but after missing the last major surge I thought this time I'd at least jump on the train sort of early.

That's only a x6 from the last all time high. The last time Bitcoin broke its all time high, it went from $1200 to $20.000. And ETH has much more going for it on a fundamental level.

i hear you, im more invested in eth than btc, but sometimes fundamental tech doesnt mean crap in the crypto world esp at this stage.

im not saying it cant hit the numbers youre saying, im just questioning your reasoning. And you being a majority owner of eth already proves one piece of the speculation puzzle

id love for btc to hit 6 figures and eth to hit 5 figures this cycle. I just cant say it with much conviction other than selfish optimism and hope

Top Bottom