• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(BITTER TEAR FROSTING) Ace Combat 6 on Xbox 360 confirmed (Post #208 proves it!)

BobFromPikeCreek said:
This mostly excites me because it adds to the possibility of the Katamari 360 rumour being true.

I prefer the stick layout of the 360 over the Dual Shock, but Katamari would feel awkward as hell on a 360 controller. One of the few games where stick symmetry makes sense/matter.

Mifune

Mehmber
a Master Ninja said:
I prefer the stick layout of the 360 over the Dual Shock, but Katamari would feel awkward as hell on a 360 controller. One of the few games where stick symmetry makes sense/matter.

This is actually a really good point. Never really thought of that.

a Master Ninja said:
Really? I don't even notice the difference between the dual shock and 360 pad stick configuration while playing games.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I really think Sony is in trouble. In serious trouble.

I've been having deja vu all day. It might as well be 1996 all over again.

a Master Ninja said:
. . . but Katamari would feel awkward as hell on a 360 controller. One of the few games where stick symmetry makes sense/matter.
I disagree, but that's because I don't look at the sticks when I play. Keeping things under control in a game like that is all about what's going on in the game on-screen. As long as the controls are consistent, there should not be any difference in accuracy of control.

Keio

For a Finer World
What is the subtitle? Is there any more old speculation that might add to this news?

Fires of Liberation, ok.

Jirotrom

Cooter said:
I really think Sony is in trouble. In serious trouble.

I've been having deja vu all day. It might as well be 1996 all over again.
As big of a fan of Sony I am I can't help but see the parallels. Ive always gone to the system with the great 3rd party support and Sony had me locked with them as soon as FFVII was released on the ps1...granted Iv'e owned all consoles but my library is playstation heavy. Doesn't seem liek it will be like this for this gen. anyway

HOORAH MOBIUS 1!!!

i know this doesn't really fit in this thread, but since someone brought it up in here:

namco will OFFICIALLY be the DUMBEST COMPANY EVER if they don't make Katamari Damacy for the Wii.

DUMBEST. EVER.

PorscheThunder said:
Preemptive Sony fanboy attack.
41abe551ef04b6f7185c3b57ac3a68c7.gif

Meanwhile, the Xbox 360 community is...
balliinnnyp5bg0-1.gif

What fanboy attack?? This simple sucks. I'm a Sony "fanboy", but this shit is just too much. Sony is sinking, and this kind of announcement is merely the signs of a mayor disaster. Sony forgot that just one big **** up is necessary to lose the crown, and they had several mini **** ups, but the price was the mayor one.

xsarien said:
Of all the people in the world, I'd hate to be Ken K right about now.

Yep. I wonder for how long he'll keep his job...I don't doubt Stringer is to blame as well, I suspect he had a mayor part in approving the "Mercedes PS3".

Sony should have had games as their first priority when making the PS3, BluRay should have been a nice bonus, not the cause of the brand's fall.

Kangu

Banned
xsarien said:

Because the PS3 is doomed after 4 months on the market and having not even launched in it's strongest territory right? Or because Blu-Ray appears poised to win the next gen movie format war?

I don't know if Blu-Ray will ever reach the popularity of DVD, but assuming it does I think Sony may consider that the PS3 was an acceptable casualty.

Not that that's any comfort to those who already bought a PS3. :lol

davepoobond said:
are you saying ps3 exclusive or ps3 at all?
It's not a serious question, just a weaksauce troll attempt.
Also my point about comparing this to the n64 migration being ridiculous still stands.
Games are not canceled people, chill out. (both sides.)

Pimpbaa

Logan Cano said:
What fanboy attack?? This simple sucks. I'm a Sony "fanboy", but this shit is just too much. Sony is sinking, and this kind of announcement is merely the signs of a mayor disaster. Sony forgot that just one big **** up is necessary to lose the crown, and they had several mini **** ups, but the price was the mayor one.

mccheese2.jpg

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
MickeyKnox said:
It's not a serious question, just a weaksauce troll attempt.
Also my point about comparing this to the n64 migration being ridiculous still stands.
Games are not canceled people, chill out. (both sides.)

aw, i made a list and everything :(

can't let it go to waste. these are the ones i know about:

Jan - Saints Row, Godfather, Six Midway Games for PSN

February - Conan, Juiced 2, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

March - Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Stuntman Ignition

maus

Pretty happy about this. Really wanted to try an Ace Combat outside of the psp one which I really enjoyed. Still might pick up 5 in the meantime. Is there a single must-have?

xaosslug

xsarien said:

so, what you're saying is you'd rather be some dude Chris Hansen catches with his pants down on national TV...? Eww. ;p

tribal24

Banned
all this bad news would be washed away if sony had something ff7 calibur maybe next week>.> when the rollercoaster goes up.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
mintylurb said:
a few days ago Banpresto announced 4 new ps3 games but they've already been cancelled..

banpresto?

we really don't need 4 versions of Super Robot Taisen. on any console.

Pachael

Kangu said:
Because the PS3 is doomed after 4 months on the market and having not even launched in it's strongest territory right? Or because Blu-Ray appears poised to win the next gen movie format war?

I don't know if Blu-Ray will ever reach the popularity of DVD, but assuming it does I think Sony may consider that the PS3 was an acceptable casualty.

Yay for Blu-Ray! That would validate everybody who've said that the Mercedes PS3 is really just a Blu-Ray trojan horse. Cue the dancing Blu Ray bananas! Come on, where's the Sony crew?

Pimpbaa

Logan Cano said:
You could have pointed out the mistake in another way, I'm not a native English speaker. So I take it it's "major" instead of "mayor"??

What, you don't like Mayor McCheese?! And yes, it's "major".

maus said:
Pretty happy about this. Really wanted to try an Ace Combat outside of the psp one which I really enjoyed. Still might pick up 5 in the meantime. Is there a single must-have?
Pick up 4 & 5. They are both dirt cheap, you have no excuse.

Pimpbaa said:
What, you don't like Mayor McCheese?! And yes, it's "major".

I have absolutely no idea what that thing is. :p Anyway, thanks for the correction.

Pachael said:
Yay for Blu-Ray! That would validate everybody who've said that the Mercedes PS3 is really just a Blu-Ray trojan horse. Cue the dancing Blu Ray bananas! Come on, where's the Sony crew?

I don't give a **** about Blu Ray if it's going to sink the PS3.

Tokubetsu

Logan Cano said:

cartmanscott9c049crm8.jpg

Pistolero

Would be a big loss if it was a 360 exclusive. Otherwise, both camps gain...
I don't understand all the doom and gloom, but I'm new to negaf I guess !

xabre

Banned
I think the 'playstation kid' will be an ever increasingly annoying fanboy demographic over the next couple of years. Called so because they seem to think Sony invented the industry and are running around crying their tits off because Sony's dropped the ball and are paying the price.

There's only one company to blame for the slew of exclusives Sony has lost, and that's Sony.

Mar

Kangu said:

That's the problem though isn't it? If PS3 tanks because of the blu-ray trojan horse, Sony will still be happy because they may win the HD format war. The casualties of this are the gamers. And quite honestly, only the true die hard Sony fans can be happy about that outcome. Happy that the company came out on top in an area that the company cares most about. While us gamers are kicked in the balls.

Top Bottom