• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black 3DS vs Blue 3DS

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Really, really, really wanted Red. Kinda disappointed it wasn't a launch color (again!) No matter, I'll just buy whatever color I can at launch and trade it in toward the cost of a Red 3DS.

I just (a few minutes ago) placed a pre-order for the Aqua Blue 3DS at Play-Asia. I'm tired of all-black systems, so the blue/turquoise option is refreshing.

stay gold

Wanted orange, but I guess i'll get the blue one if I buy at launch.

I hate how Nintendo always tease us with awesome colours, only to snatch them away.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Scuba Steve said:
Let's have a discussion on the 3DS's launch color selection. There's a small selection of 2 colors that will be available at launch; black and blue being the chosen colors.
no fucking red =(

For those of you that have been sold on the system, what color do you plan on getting?

Nintendo-3DS-Aqua-Blue-Final-Hardware.jpg

nintendo3ds-header.jpg

For me, although all my electronics are black, I don't think I'll be doing this "matching" nonsense any longer. I've had my fair share of black electronics. I want my first next gen system to stray from the usual colors: black, grey, platinum, white.

Since I've never owned colorful system before, minus the purple GBA, I'm going with a blue 3DS for sure.
I like the black one better because its smaller.

i guess no red or purple til a 3DS lite :( :''(

i'll go with black since i have the light blue/teal dsi and i loved my black ds lite :D

black power!!! :lol

seady

I really hate the fat curvature when the system is closed. Why can't they make it rectangular like the DSi?

On topic: I like the Blue one much more than the Black. The black one look very cheap.

I like the shade of blue they chose, but I don't like it mixed with the black upper half. So, if these are the launch colors, all black for me.

Ridli

I like the blue color, too many black bricks out there.

But mostly I'll just continue sacrificing run-aways and orphans for a new shade for NA.

Althought they said the 3DS would be out in the rest of the world in March, aren't these colors just for the Japanese?

The US site still shows all 3 colors, I mean that could change, but I hold out hope for the red one. I already have the Light Blue DSi...

Jzero

holy shit after looking at those last images i no longer want blue, wayy to shiny/glittery. black it is

Out of those two, definitely the black.

If they made one with a blue like this, I'd be all over it:

cobalt%20ds.bmp

That's the DS I have, and it's the best looking handheld I've ever seen.

The blue they're using for the 3DS and the DSi is fugly. The color is something you'd see in a hospital in the 70s.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
All of those visible lines and seams just make it look clunky to me. I don't like the sharp edges of the new hinge either. DSi's softer, round hinge was perfect. I felt that they were getting it right with the DSi's near seamless casing and matte colors but now the 3DS design just feels like a step back to me.

ASIS

Mailenstein said:
I'm really annoyed by that metal shining surface of the 3DS. Would love to take blue, but it looks like shit that way with all the glitter and crap. Have to go black I guess... doesn't look great either, but way better than blue.

128574201111950.JPG

128574254512761.JPG

128574254512762.JPG
I think I'm going with blue. Personally I would have loved to see red, orange, or purple colors instead. But oh well, at least the retro vibe of the blue color gives it some funk. Unlike the black one which is dull as hell.

Danielsan

I'll be waiting for white or a redesign.
I have a black DSlite and it's a fucking fingerprint magnet. This 3DS will be even worse with the inside being shiny as well.

Top Bottom