• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

Freeman76

This game has captivated every minute of my free time since I bought it. 65 Hours played (well probably 40 with rest afk farming).

I started buying nodes in Velia and housing, workers etc then stumbled upon Heidel which seemed like a better base of operations so I packed my shit up and started again there.

I get the feeling I am fucking it up and somewhere even bigger is a wiser base, but I am enjoying it immensely which is all that matters :)

This game has captivated every minute of my free time since I bought it. 65 Hours played (well probably 40 with rest afk farming).

I started buying nodes in Velia and housing, workers etc then stumbled upon Heidel which seemed like a better base of operations so I packed my shit up and started again there.

I get the feeling I am fucking it up and somewhere even bigger is a wiser base, but I am enjoying it immensely which is all that matters :)

You can have 5 houses. Heidel is good as a primary because it is fairly central to the entire map.

MoonGred

Does anyone have really bad fps drops when using any attack animation?

Game runs fine at 60fps and isn't maxing out my cpu or gpu, but every time I attack my fps cuts down to 20.

wrongway

Game runs fine at 60fps and isn't maxing out my cpu or gpu, but every time I attack my fps cuts down to 20.

Haven't had any issues myself. If it only happens during attack animations and is fine just standing around, your system's probably not overheating and throttling. Not sure what to suggest. Could try a different driver set if you haven't already.

Anyway, I set my character to do some strength training before work this morning. Then forgot about her wandering around town while I jumped on Tekken. Went from nothin to 14 strength, and I think I got another level of breath, too. Seems kinda silly, but hey, free improvements!

Are there gonna be some guild officers online this weekend for an invite? I didn't manage to catch up with Via Purifico the other day. Is that Discord posted yesterday a good place to check in when I get on tomorrow/sunday?

also, I want that armored cat pet real bad. :x

Mephala

For the new page.
Quote to reveal new GAF discord link.
Old GAF discord admin has gone and we wanted to spruce it up a bit.

List of officers is pinned in invitations channel.

I've read some people have odd experiences with the frame optimizer setting. You could try removing that option.
I don't really get odd slow downs like that. It seem quite dramatic. A few frames lower during combat is pretty regular for me. I also have this special armor that has a nice flame effect on the glove that lowers my FPS like a champion when I wear it. -_-

Anyway, I set my character to do some strength training before work this morning. Then forgot about her wandering around town while I jumped on Tekken. Went from nothin to 14 strength, and I think I got another level of breath, too. Seems kinda silly, but hey, free improvements!

Are there gonna be some guild officers online this weekend for an invite? I didn't manage to catch up with Via Purifico the other day. Is that Discord posted yesterday a good place to check in when I get on tomorrow/sunday?

also, I want that armored cat pet real bad. :x

I want that cat too. In fact, I loaded up some pearls for it already. >_>

We plan to be on for some scrolls tomorrow. You can find us on discord or in game. :p

So I am 51 for 2 days now, and I have spent the past 2 lifeskilling my Kuno since I have been busy with Tekken. Should I head over to Mediah at this point to grind up? I have 97 AP listed but set bonus from Grunil and Jarret don't seem to show up, so I guess I have 109 AP.

Also, I pre-ordered a freaking fishing boat for 3m for like 4 days now, when the hell does it go through? It's like I'm waiting for a freaking Switch pre-order.

Also, I pre-ordered a freaking fishing boat for 3m for like 4 days now, when the hell does it go through? It's like I'm waiting for a freaking Switch pre-order.

If people are putting boats on the market, then the highest pre-order gets first dibs. Or it could be that no one is putting boats on the market

Ashodin

There a setting there called Graphics Card Low Power. Uncheck that too. Apparently it auto checks for some people. :\

Hey thanks Ashodin. Haven't seen you around since GW2. You still play BDO?

I just haven't found the right time to play really. Lots of games to play.

If people are putting boats on the market, then the highest pre-order gets first dibs. Or it could be that no one is putting boats on the market

I always get notifications that people are buying the boats. The only price I see is 3m on the market, it really must be in so much demand if there are never any listed. I guess I can try to make it on my own but that would take quite some time.

Though if any of you guys can create a fishing boat license, I'll buy it off your hands.

Mephala

So I am 51 for 2 days now, and I have spent the past 2 lifeskilling my Kuno since I have been busy with Tekken. Should I head over to Mediah at this point to grind up? I have 97 AP listed but set bonus from Grunil and Jarret don't seem to show up, so I guess I have 109 AP.

You can probably hit 52 before Mediah but Mediah might be quicker. Its just that there is a difficulty spike. Or more correctly things are starting to hit back now while it was more or less snooze fest before.
100ish AP should be fine but a little higher will make it easier.

Look into skill addons too, it'll help. If you want to grind at Sausan's you'll need a group. You won't be able to clear fast enough on your own currently and if you're alone you will often find groups coming to contest the grind spot.

I usually use Manes and Elrics for 52-55. Sausans is a faster though but much more populated. If you're just going in there to casually do quests and explore, that is fine too but uhhh... Watch out for Golems. :\

wrongway

For the new page.
Quote to reveal new GAF discord link.
Old GAF discord admin has gone and we wanted to spruce it up a bit.

List of officers is pinned in invitations channel.

We plan to be on for some scrolls tomorrow. You can find us on discord or in game. :p

Nice, thanks. I'll check it out over the weekend
if Tekken doesn't devour my soul

Ferr986

I don't really get odd slow downs like that. It seem quite dramatic. A few frames lower during combat is pretty regular for me. I also have this special armor that has a nice flame effect on the glove that lowers my FPS like a champion when I wear it. -_-

My game is a framepacing fest, worse than a FROM console game. But I think it's my CPU, it's probably too old for this shit (it ran better at launch though, maybe it's dying..).

Also I still have my game capped at 30 fps, nothing even worked to me, although I'm not sure it would be able to go much higher than 30 anyways...

Airan

What the fuck is this Gift Letter of Repayment and why can't I stash it? Graagh so much worthless crap stuffing up my inventory!

Mephala

What the fuck is this Gift Letter of Repayment and why can't I stash it? Graagh so much worthless crap stuffing up my inventory!

It is basically a hot-potato item to pass to friends. Receiver gets a reward and might send one back.
I trashed all mine or sent them to inactive guildies cause they were annoying. Not sure if wise but meh

Fitz

Loving the combo system so far. It's super fun learning a few spells at a time and adding it all in to your growing combo repertoire. The in-game tutorial videos have been pretty useful in that regard.

JoeBoy101

Hey guys, I was interested in giving this a try and was reading reviews when I stumbled upon this older thread at the Black Desert Forums:

Black Desert Online

Xigncode is a 3rd party anti-cheating monitoring tool. It checks to see if there are any programs that hook into your game, or run anything "Untended", like a bot. That's not spyware, although it might looks very similar to it. Its the same thing Google and all other companies do. They get usage statistics of what's running parallel to an application and report back. Xigncode, allegedly, does it a bit more aggressively, which doesn't make it illegal, just very immoral.

To get additional information on what other programs people may use to cheat that don't fit under its "advanced-protection" umbrella, it will (allegedly) gather the information of the program's ProcessID, run-location, window title, and start/run/end times of its use. They would use this information (hopefully....) to better their product by blocking common programs with suspicious names, and parallel programs to the one they're protecting.

In short, Black Desert Online installs an aggressive anti-cheat that allegedly is scanning way more than it needs to. Any truth to this? People being over-reactionary?

_BtB_

not sure with Xigncode, but doesn't blizzard's "warden" do the same thing? I somewhat remeber people being up-in-arms about it on the blizz forums about warden and what not. but I could be mistaken.I am sure Xigncode is alright, I had it installed when I was playing dungeon fighter online.

Sykotik

Anyone have an issue where the game is crashing quite often?

My specs should be more than fine. 6700k 4.8ghz oc, 980ti hybrid stock, 16gb ddr4 3200, and running on a SSD. Temps are fine.

I can't put it in tray afk because it'll crash, or I'll crash in a conversation, or if I step away for a minute it can crash, or it'll crash when I'm in battle.

It's quite annoying. It doesn't happen constantly, but it's enough to warrant a reasonable amount of frustration.

Mephala

Lvl 54 and feels like a Ult+15 weapon barely cuts it :(
Hmm, depends on AP and what you're fighting. Also, at 54 if you're grinding pve make sure to use skill add ons for monster AP 20 or 30 somewhere. It helps a bit. Some kind of sustain is great too.

mintylurb

Anyone have an issue where the game is crashing quite often?

My specs should be more than fine. 6700k 4.8ghz oc, 980ti hybrid stock, 16gb ddr4 3200, and running on a SSD. Temps are fine.

I can't put it in tray afk because it'll crash, or I'll crash in a conversation, or if I step away for a minute it can crash, or it'll crash when I'm in battle.

It's quite annoying. It doesn't happen constantly, but it's enough to warrant a reasonable amount of frustration.

Used to happen but lowering my cpu oc a bit resolved it for me.

Ferr986

Hmm, depends on AP and what you're fighting. Also, at 54 if you're grinding pve make sure to use skill add ons for monster AP 20 or 30 somewhere. It helps a bit. Some kind of sustain is great too.

Sausan although Elric wasn't that fas too.

Anyways I'm 55.... I guess the real Grind Desert starts here lol

Pri is really easy to enchant, Duo isn't so bad either if you are looking for a decent upgrade.

I dunno, my plan was to save money and buy it, but the awakening weapon+15 is gonna come firts too. I'm really allergic on messing with failstacks and stuff...

Mephala

Sausan although Elric wasn't that fas too.

Anyways I'm 55.... I guess the real Grind Desert starts here lol

I dunno, my plan was to save money and buy it, but the awakening weapon+15 is gonna come firts too. I'm really allergic on messing with failstacks and stuff...

I highly recommend skipping awakening 15 and going straight to duo or tri if you can afford it. It is around 60m for the green duo and it'll last quite a while.

Sausan shouldn't be too much of an issue because it is a good group grind area so even if you can't power through yourself the group will still clear it quickly particularly if you have some players already awakened helping out.

Ferr986

I highly recommend skipping awakening 15 and going straight to duo or tri if you can afford it. It is around 60m for the green duo and it'll last quite a while.

Sausan shouldn't be too much of an issue because it is a good group grind area so even if you can't power through yourself the group will still clear it quickly particularly if you have some players already awakened helping out.

Ok thanks. A PRI is afordable but a DUO would mean spending all my money lol

Tomeru

I bought a house and made it a storage. When I try to access it, I can only visit other peoples' houses and such. What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure I'm at the right place lol.

Elfstruck

I bought a house and made it a storage. When I try to access it, I can only visit other peoples' houses and such. What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure I'm at the right place lol.

You need to buy houses that can be use as resident. Make the house you bought as resident will allow you to go in.

Tomeru

You need to buy houses that can be use as resident. Make the house you bought as resident will allow you to go in.

But then can I use it as storage?

One question, is it even worth it for me to get this game gifted to me ? Will i be able to play ? As i understand, the IP range for my country is blocked, i am from Latvia.

List of Countries Supported

I dont want to play the game in Russian, i live in a European Union country FFS

Yes you can. I'm in an ip blocked country, playing with a gifted copy.

ZimJaBim

Neo Member
Man I love this game. Zelda, Mario cart, Injustice 2 have all sat idle since I impulse purchased this when it was on sale last week. 40 hours late and it's all I want to play. Is there anyone I can contact to get in the guild?

So whats the purpose of selecting "storage" from the other options?

Storage increases the storage capacity at the towns storage vendor

Lodging increases number of workers you can hire at the town

Residence becomes a house you can furnish

Stables increase horse capacity at the town stables

The rest are pretty much workshops that utilize workers

Whew, went through and redid all my "main" character's appearances since I didn't really put much thought into them before. They all seemed rather blah. Much better (I think) now.

Warrior (tried to make him look like Cesaro from WWE)
BdJB9eI.png

Musa

Striker

Ninja

I say "main" because they're just the characters I genuinely want to play. Musa/Warrior are my only 50+.

Well, this popping back up on GAF's Gaming threads made me load it back up -- I now resume my life of riding in a wagon for trade.

BTW, what are the best strategies for Trading? I'm pretty good at using my energy to buy items at 80% cost and finding somewhere to sell for 130% price, but want to know if there are magical strategies that I'm missing.

Well, this popping back up on GAF's Gaming threads made me load it back up -- I now resume my life of riding in a wagon for trade.

BTW, what are the best strategies for Trading? I'm pretty good at using my energy to buy items at 80% cost and finding somewhere to sell for 130% price, but want to know if there are magical strategies that I'm missing.

I'm not a trader but farther is also better from what I know.

Ferr986

Not long, 2-3 weeks more often then not.

Most that stuff will come after we get striker awakening though, if we got it at the same time I'd be shocked.

Thanks! I need a pet (only have 1 and need more money for DUO/TRI wep) but I wanted the armored cat..

Fitz

Has anyone encountered issues with the Beauty Salon not saving? I'm trying to make some changes to my character (have a Value Pack active) and they don't seem to be applying. I can change things like hair style, but changes to body shape in particular don't seem to be sticking, every time I go back to the Beauty menu the changes have reset.

Ferr986

How's the difference between DUO and TRI?

I have close to 80M now, really close to 56 and I want to buy my Awakened weapon. Thing is, DUO cost 60M but TRI goes to 140M, I'm quite far to reach that right now, but I also did read TRI is the biggest improvement. So.... should I buy the DUO weapon now or just farm till I have enough for TRI?

Has anyone encountered issues with the Beauty Salon not saving? I'm trying to make some changes to my character (have a Value Pack active) and they don't seem to be applying. I can change things like hair style, but changes to body shape in particular don't seem to be sticking, every time I go back to the Beauty menu the changes have reset.

Yep, there's a bug, just change the appareance and save it, you will have to reload that save everytime you enter the Salon.

Top Bottom