• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.
aw shit, my gamestop orders are coming through

and there's no way to cancel them

I... guess i'll have some spare PS+ to sell off if anyone still needs it, lol

wizzbang

Banned
I really wish there was clarity on if Sony will do the deal or not, it seems unlikely but ......? I dunno. I'm stuck with $70 US credit FFS

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I was tempted by the NewEgg PS4 Bundle...was so close to buying it but bailed because I know I don't have time right now... next year maybe.

Nice bundle to get a PS4 and Vita in a package though :)

opie211

I really wish there was clarity on if Sony will do the deal or not, it seems unlikely but ......? I dunno. I'm stuck with $70 US credit FFS

Grr... I know I saw a posting on here last night that linked to a blog posting stating that SONY would be matching this sale. Now that thread has vanished and all proof with it. I can't be the only one that saw this last night.

You have to redeem them by 2015 or something like that.
Anyone got a link to an official page from SONY that says how long we have to redeem them?

Want to use 1 code now, and then save the 2nd until they have the 12month + 3 month free promo in spring.

It doesn't matter if we bought the code now, it'll still be valid for the spring's promo?

chifanpoe

Finally got my games shipping info and codes for the PSN Plus from GS.

Is it safe to enter the codes or is PSN still all messed up?

wizzbang

Banned
Ok so let's use some science and logic here people.
Here is the original URL.
http://us.playstation.com/black-fri...linkname=pscomwa_checkitoutcta_b&psu=17543426

If you click the orange "Buy Now" link there, it no longer works, bad sign?

However if you click at the bottom to open the deals for the digital games, they are still not discounted either......?
Surely this means that PSN hasn't been updated with the black Friday pricing, right?

EDIT:
I'm dumb, I think the games HAVE now been discounted? Therefore the store is updated, therefore is PSN isn't discounted yet, surely it's not going to be?

Ok so let's use some science and logic here people.
Here is the original URL.
http://us.playstation.com/black-fri...linkname=pscomwa_checkitoutcta_b&psu=17543426

If you click the orange "Buy Now" link there, it no longer works, bad sign?

However if you click at the bottom to open the deals for the digital games, they are still not discounted either......?
Surely this means that PSN hasn't been updated with the black Friday pricing, right?

Dude just buy them at Amazon, BB, or GameStop, its obvious SEN won't have it on sale, if they did - it would already be live

wizzbang

Banned
Dude just buy them at Amazon, BB, or GameStop, its obvious SEN won't have it on sale, if they did - it would already be live

I have got them at Amazon, but I'm stuck with $70 US PSN credit I don't have much use for. (Like many others in this very thread)

I tried ordering a third code at Amazon last night. Order is still processing 10 hours later, I wonder if it'll go through. Someone in this thread said they got three so I hope so.

Grinchy

Banned
I got my code too from Amazon, but when I enter it, it says "an error has occurred". What do I do?

I'm in the same boat. I entered it on the web store after doing it through my Vita, and the web store told me the code wasn't valid. So, I assume that PSN has already accepted the code for my account.

Anyone able to redeem the Amazon cards yet?

I tried it on the SEN website and it says,

"This Prepaid Card cannot be redeemed on a PC."

So then I tried it on my Vita and it says:

"An error has occurred (NP-8154-8)

I'm getting the same error on my Vita. It also errors on the PC. On my PS4, i get dumped back to the main screen. And on my PS3, I get error 80023156. Anyone know where I can go to check your PS+ status?

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm in the same boat. I entered it on the web store after doing it through my Vita, and the web store told me the code wasn't valid. So, I assume that PSN has already accepted the code for my account.

I tried it on the web store first and it told me the Amazon codes couldn't be redeemed on PC, so I tried the Vita next and keep getting errors.

I have got them at Amazon, but I'm stuck with $70 US PSN credit I don't have much use for. (Like many others in this very thread)
Oh damn, that sucks. They don't refund ha

Other items are on sale though on SEN....so there might be a chance they'll put PS+ on sale, GL

Is it supposed to be odd to order this via amazon? When you click the buy it asks to reenter your name and card number for verification, and after buying it never mailed me any type of confirmation. I got a code page with a code, but this is not how amazon usually is

wizzbang

Banned
Oh damn, that sucks. They don't refund ha

Other items are on sale though on SEN....so there might be a chance they'll put PS+ on sale, GL

That's my point though, the games are now finally on sale after all (GoW: Ascension is only $20 US right now online) - I can only assume they've done all the discounting work on the page they want to today? :/

hayguyz

Banned
Is it supposed to be odd to order this via amazon? When you click the buy it asks to reenter your name and card number for verification, and after buying it never mailed me any type of confirmation. I got a code page with a code, but this is not how amazon usually is

congratulations, you were just a victim of phishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom