• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong development *may* be in trouble - grain of salt, blah blah blah ...

Nickolaidas

So apparently, *IF* the above is true, this could turn out to be a dud, or vaporware.

I don't know the YouTuber who got in contact with the supposed employee, he seems to have followers and views on YouTube, though I do not know him and do not know how legit this is.

The commenters on Gaming Leaks didn't seem to doubt the 'info' at all.

Take it for what it is.

ManaByte

Gold Member
CYBpHpmL-AnMuTVyk9O0_9pmN7VbQcLAB_0zyp_M7fo.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
The abandoned comment/comparison is really strange.

As this has had a proper trailer and gameplay shown.

Where as abandoned has had nothing of value shown & a 5 second clip off unreal assets shown.

Hopefully this Wu Kong game comes out for those that are hyped for it though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It didnt even have a release date.
If the game came out in 2025 that could easily have been on target.

Ive got no beef with the dev for showing off "gameplay" to try getting some investors and hype then going quiet to actually make the game.

I was not expecting this game anytime soon.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Never get hyped about games from unknown studios.
Why? Games by new studios make me the msot hype, as they are a chance of we getting something new and original instead of the sequel/remake #43531 that plays just like any other game we are used to nowadays.

Last edited:

gamer82

playstion just showed an extended gameplay just a few days ago, is someone just causing drama lol its looks good for what was shown.

decisions

Keep in mind Lost Soul Aside, a similar game which was announced many years before this and still does not have a date.

Some indie devs realized they could create a large buzz if they could make trailers that looked like a real game, and decided to do it. However they got more than they bargained for, now faced with the responsibility of delivering a real product that people will want to pay for.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be; Sony are involved in that project in some capacity as it's a (IIRC timed) console exclusive. They'll do what they have to in order to ensure its development goes smoothly.
Didn’t know that. Well, I’m not sure if I should be even more concerned for the game now. I’m sure it will be good, but I’m wondering if they are somehow forcing modifications to the game or having issues with the developers for the obvious reasons.

Zeroing

Banned
The first “gameplay” trailers made it seem it was more god of war, epic and with lots of weapons etc. the recent “gameplay” I’ve seen on YouTube it is closer to “nioh 2”

They seem 2 different games, the last one the “quality” was more toned down!

Roberts

Well, it looked too good to be true considering the game is made by unproven developer. Still, I hope it is just a temp problem, though.

ckaneo

Im not that worried. They showed extended gameplay and have no intention of releasing the game soon to appease shareholders.

mortal

Gold Member
This seems to be a reoccurring theme with a lot of these Chinese & Korean games that make a huge splash online with a lavish trailer.
They look more like tech demos than actual games.

iHaunter

I'm really starting to hate this pic.
What is it?

So apparently, *IF* the above is true, this could turn out to be a dud, or vaporware.

I don't know the YouTuber who got in contact with the supposed employee, he seems to have followers and views on YouTube, though I do not know him and do not know how legit this is.

Take it for what it is.

I could not stand more than 1 minute of that video before getting a migraine. Who tf watches this garbage. Jesus christ. Looks like it was edited by someone with both ADHD and Dementia.

Last edited:

yurinka

Take it for what it is.

Fake news, the drama doesn't make sense. It's a game under development, so obviously has stuff missing and most stuff isn't complete or "release worthy". And like any company they need to hire people, and maybe will get delayed like most games. Nothing rare, typical stuff. It's a game under development, not "vaporware".

Most chinese games are vaporware if they look incredible or too incredible. I had 0 hype for it and I was expecting this. No loss for me.
I don't remember a single vaporware case of a Chinese game that looked incredible and ended being vaporware. In fact I don't remember a single case of a Chinese vaporware case. The video itself shows that the trailers themselves show multiple areas and final bosses. Are you able to list a few cases or are you only hating Chinese people because of racism, xenophobia or something like that?

So, similar to that game, The Day Before. Its not really a surprise personally. This type of fidelity and scope that this game and The Day Before showed is something that only the biggest publishers with teams of 400-500 can pull off. Ubisoft, EA, Activision. Those guys. You cant just think some chinks are just pulling out of their ass an AAA massive production, just like that. I have no doubt that both this and The Day Before will never come out.
Most of the devs who work in most western or Japanese AAA games are from big outsourcing companies and some of the main, biggest outsourcing companies are Chinese. So there are tons of Chinese people who work in the top games from Sony, Microsoft, Capcom, Square Enix, Activision, Take2, Ubisoft or EA to name a few and I wouldn't see that some of them would move to create their own company and make their own games.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

What is it?

I could not stand more than 1 minute of that video before getting a migraine. Who tf watches this garbage. Jesus christ. Looks like it was edited by someone with both ADHD and Dementia.
I'm ADHD and I LOATHE these fast paced, overly edited videos.

Haggard

Banned
Kinda surprised to read something like this. I always thought it was generally agreed upon that we've been watching Chinese vaporware from the get go.

Didn’t know that. Well, I’m not sure if I should be even more concerned for the game now. I’m sure it will be good, but I’m wondering if they are somehow forcing modifications to the game or having issues with the developers for the obvious reasons.

I don't think they would; Sony is trying to enter these new markets and gain favor with local talent. Being draconian and pushing dumb censorship on them for no good reason would be the quickest way to sour relationships with that talent. It's not like the team for that game are going out their way to be pervy fanservice, they just have a conveniently attractive female lead with a physique in line of what you'd expect in her profession as a demon beast slayer, with modern fashion sensibilities.

Unless the developers themselves are hypocritical puritanical nutjobs, I think the game should be free of any type of toning down of material or sexy factor otherwise inoffensive for sane, mentally developed & functional, responsible mature audiences (who are the vast majority of the mainstream customer base the game will be selling to, anyway).

Top Bottom