• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 or Halo 4?

Fjordson

Definitely Halo 4. Always enjoyed the Halo campaigns and 4's looks really cool.

Don't want to hate on Black Ops 2, though. Not a CoD guy myself, but it seems like Treyarch is doing some interesting things with BO 2.

LowParry

I like how it's a split decision. Each game looks like it will have the things I like. Guess I'll just get both in the long run. Seems like the right decision really.

gryz

Banned
I feel bad buying COD every year because I know I'm contributing to the problem. but I will probably buy it. for all the hate it gets i still think its the best playing western game.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad buying COD every year because I know I'm contributing to the problem. but I will probably buy it. for all the hate it gets i still think its the best playing western game.

Back in the day I used to buy COD for the single player campaign (COD1, COD2, COD4), but then it started leaning more and more towards multiplayer and now I've just gotten disenchanted with the franchise. That's probably why I'm leaning more towards Borderlands 2 than either of Halo 4 or BLOPS 2.

heringer

It just hit me the I don't think I saw any Halo 4 footage yet. Is there any great video in particular I should watch or can I just search for anything on YouTube?

One game is just about running around shooting people.

The other game is about being in the future and using gadgets that let you see through walls and stuff.

Black Ops 2 all the way baby.

Hixx

Black Ops 2 looks like a huge improvement over MW3...but Halo 4 looks like an even bigger improvement over Reach.

Halo 4.

How I feel too. Every time I see Halo 4 it looks better and better. Black Ops 2 similar but not to the same scale.

raphier

Banned
Not even a question. A game that has a sequel every year or a game with a sequel every three years. For longevity alone: Halo 4.

Not even a question. A game that has a sequel every year or a game with a sequel every three years. For longevity alone: Halo 4.

What if you never played either game before, though?
Which mp game would win out, when you start listing bullet-points of features, gametypes, bots, weapons, framerate, player count, unlockables, customization, map count at launch, etc?

What if you never played either game before, though?
Which mp game would win out, when you start listing bullet-points of features, gametypes, bots, weapons, framerate, player count, unlockables, customization, map count at launch, etc?

That would be a VERY close call - Halo 4 visually looks stunning, and looks better than CoD which is actually running on a dated engine.

Halo 4 when you see it in person will blow you away. Framerate etc will suprise people if its as consistent as it was on the 3ish maps I played,

Features wise both games have a LOT going for them.

The Halo 4 sandbox is amazing, you need to play it to understand it, but its so dynamic and the potential for experimentation is huge. The Black Ops weapons sandbox seems a lot less interesting.

Not sure about map count etc - but for gameplay my money is on Halo.

I loved Black Ops and chose it over Reach.

But MW3 sucked and Black Ops 2 has some MW3 stuff in there :( So I guess im not too hyped for CoD anyway.

Muffdraul

Dude. After all this time, all this waiting, all the fan speculation... finally. A true-blue bona fide sequel that continues the story of the campaign where it left off so long ago. It's almost here. A little over a month away. Dude.

BlOps 2.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
all my friends are playing black ops 2

halo 4 looks like a far better game

i'm pretty torn.

if i get halo 4, i'll never play it because i hate playing with randoms. if i get black ops 2, i probably won't enjoy the core gameplay.

Play an RPG instead

read the OP more carefully, he wants 'pew pew pew' or 'ratatatat' not 'scroll down, highlight text'

Top Bottom