• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 or Halo 4?

MMaRsu

Banned
If you must get a shooter, go with Medal of Honor.

And get Dishonored because we need more good new IP's.

Halo 4 $100 Special Edition on launch

iX7u0R3XZ6S5A.gif

And then Black Ops 2 for January

Black+Ops+2+Trailer+Details+8.gif

Dishonored in December
tumblr_m809goYq3q1rt9ah8o2_500.jpg

Mechs! Explosions! Horseback riding! Assassins!

why would you buy the copy of the original if the original is available?
Why buy an apple when you could have an orange? Let us compare them!

see5harp

why would you buy the copy of the original if the original is available?

Anyone who actually plays both games knows that they play nothing alike. That said, Black Ops 2 looks like it could be a fun ride while it lasts. I'll end up playing both games at some point, but for MP I will stick with Halo 4 for years after release.

Fox Mulder

Not even a question. A game that has a sequel every year or a game with a sequel every three years. For longevity alone: Halo 4.

While CoD is an annual franchise, it has two development lines that alternate every year.

It's a question of the now superior Treyarch CoD or the first Halo not made by Bungie.

Apath

Well neither are out, so I really can't tell you which is better. If you like COD more, get Black Ops 2. If you like Halo more, get Halo 4.

I've personally always enjoyed Halo more, so I will be buying Halo 4. I like Halo more because I feel the gameplay is a lot more variable and open to choice, while the multiplayer is overall more enjoyable for me.

rapid32.5

Halo 4 start that fight already, campaign not as shitty as COD. there is more effort put by new studio, for sure.

SpacLock

Halo 4 is my most anticipated.

I'm getting Black Ops 2, also.

I'll never have time to play either as much as I'd like too.

Buy both.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They both seem like fine games to me, but you should probably go with the one with the most starships and ancient evils. Just my two cents.

Ashodin

If only those two? I'd pick Halo 4 man. Gonna be killer shit, and I ain't even a fan of Halo.

But we all know the real winner is:

gifetrbt.gif

Naked Lunch

Halo 4. Duty is dead.
Duty is overrun by children. Every server is kids kids kids and on the local front I have a 6 year old cousin who lives and breathes COD as does all his buddies - just for some perspective.

Halo 4. Duty is dead.
Duty is overrun by children. Every server is kids kids kids and on the local front I have a 6 year old cousin who lives and breathes COD as does all his buddies - just for some perspective.

They're still responsive and well produced games.

Minus MW3 and COD3

mxgt

Banned
As someone who thinks both franchises are utterly terrible, Halo 4 definitely seems more interesting than the yearly COD rehash

AppleMIX

Neither.

Dishonored for October, Hitman for November and I'll just preorder a bunch of games for 2013 in December.

I's probably go with Halo 4 but it's really low on the list.

Neither - they're both generic-as-hell gaming personified. I'm just done with first-person shooters, until Bioshock Infinite comes out. That looks like a refreshing experience within the confines of a FPS at least.

acevans2

Both of these games are sounding pretty rad, which is great because I was a little down on them at their respective announcements.

Top Bottom