• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 updated with Viral Marketing for the next Call of Duty.

Hip Hop

I hope they leave that in AW. I hated that so much.

So did I.

The game was okay, but add the skill based matchmaking on top of all the jumping and boosting, it became such a chaotic mess. No uniform, no organized traffic.

I guess my problem is more so with skill based matchmaking, but still.

zychi

Banned
Listen to the words I SAY,

DEDICATED. SERVERS. And you have me at day 0 Treyarch.

You've made BILLIONS milking this franchise, put 1/100 of that money into DEDICATED SERVERS PLEASE.

_hekk05

Banned
Will they actually have servers in SEA this time?

Never again treyarch. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

Duxxy3

I hope they come up with their own system for extended movement options. Maybe not as drastic as AWs, but CoD infantry combat is getting extremely stale. There needs to be new stuff.

They tried a lot of new stuff with AW.

After a few months people put it down and went back to Black Ops 2. I loaned my AW copy to my brother and simply never asked for it back. Two of the streamers I used to watch in BO2 and Ghosts won't touch the game.

After a few months people put it down and went back to Black Ops 2. I loaned my AW copy to my brother and simply never asked for it back. Two of the streamers I used to watch in BO2 and Ghosts won't touch the game.

I think Activision has come to the conclusion people don't know what they want.

Try something different people bitch.

Stagnate people bitch.

Honestly, they probably don't give a shit and just want to make a game.

Duxxy3

I think Activision has come to the conclusion people don't know what they want.

Try something different people bitch.

Stagnate people bitch.

Honestly, they probably don't give a shit and just want to make a game.

Some Madden fans want huge changes to the gameplay every year, but the majority of people (the quiet ones) just want upgraded graphics and new rosters. I think that holds true for the majority of COD fans. The most vocal people want huge changes to the game, but the quiet majority just want boring old COD with new maps, new guns and maybe a tweak or two.

COD players like playing war. AW was too detached from what people see as war. Modern Warfare and Black Ops are what people see as war. Black Ops 2 was right on the edge, but didn't go over it. AW did.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Listen to the words I SAY,

DEDICATED. SERVERS. And you have me at day 0 Treyarch.

You've made BILLIONS milking this franchise, put 1/100 of that money into DEDICATED SERVERS PLEASE.

If the player count is not above 16 there is really no need as long as P2P code is well done. Destructibility might push it there tho....

213372bu

Banned
I hope they keep in normal movement.

Was really hype for AW's exo-movement for a while, even going as far as to say it refreshed the series. And it did, it was just implemented so horribly, and with horrible spawns, that it was shit to try to stay alive more than 6/7 kills.

Asgaro

No WW2? No buy.

I'm sick of Modern Time. That setting has been milked well more than WW2 ever has in the period it was popular.

Ghazi

Snapchat is still a thing? lol

Black Ops 3 could get me back into COD, BO2 was dope.
If anything, Snapchat's popularity is growing!

Yeah, the boring running around doesn't cut it anymore though. Like I said, nothing as drastic as AW, but it needs to have some changes. I think an increase in the time to kill and the addition of dashes alone would go miles for CoD. I really believe that it was the crazy jumping that really threw people off in AW. At the same time, it's not just the movement that made AW feel bad. Overall poor mp balance and generally subpar map design really hurt it. The last two CoDs have been very bad in these things, but Treyarch is better than the other studios at both of them, so we'll see.

Play Titanfall. The game's core movement and mobility feels amazing. The next CoD needs to feel like that, but obviously not necessarily play like it.

Duxxy3

If anything, Snapchat's popularity is growing!

Yeah, the boring running around doesn't cut it anymore though. Like I said, nothing as drastic as AW, but it needs to have some changes. I think an increase in the time to kill and the addition of dashes alone would go miles for CoD. I really believe that it was the crazy jumping that really threw people off in AW. At the same time, it's not just the movement that made AW feel bad. Overall poor mp balance and generally subpar map design really hurt it. The last two CoDs have been very bad in these things, but Treyarch is better than the other studios at both of them, so we'll see.

Play Titanfall. The game's core movement and mobility feels amazing. The next CoD needs to feel like that, but obviously not necessarily play like it.

The reason why movement works in titanfall is because of the size of the maps (both vertically and horizontally). The time it takes to flank a player in titanfall is roughly the time it takes to flank a player in black ops 2 or in mw3. In AW, the flanking time is just a fraction of that.

B4s5C

I am really hoping they go back to World at War. I missed out on the WW2 multiplayer shooters from the early 360/PS3 gen. Black Op 3 will be okay but I am really craving an online WW2 shooter.

If they are going with exo movements again, then please make the maps titanfall size. The reason the spawns in AW are so fucked is because the maps are so small and the game can't keep up with spawning you safely so you spawn into people. It's horrible.

Welfare

I am really hoping they go back to World at War. I missed out on the WW2 multiplayer shooters from the early 360/PS3 gen. Black Op 3 will be okay but I am really craving an online WW2 shooter.

WW2 shooters died with Modern Warfare.

Now it's either modern, post modern, or future settings for FPS's.

The game was okay, but add the skill based matchmaking on top of all the jumping and boosting, it became such a chaotic mess. No uniform, no organized traffic.

I guess my problem is more so with skill based matchmaking, but still.

This is it for me. Skill based matchmaking just made everything ass. Rarely had good teams and always got into games where my team was getting torn.

And the AW movement can stay in fucking AW. Ugh, what a terrible mess it is for maps and traffic flow.

lol at AW having gun variety. That's also another reason I never play it these days.

PSYGN

I'm excited! I wouldn't mind exo movements if they made the maps larger. As of now people are taking full advantage of the infinite sprint and exo movements, and are causing poor spawns and a lot of chaotic moments. It feels more like an arena shooter more than it does a CoD game. Now, as a rusher who is doing pretty successful at AW's multiplayer, you'd think I would enjoy the game, but with SBMM it feels like every match is a competition and with the amount of extra focus you have to put in to be successful, you get tired and frustrated quick. If they don't remove SBMM or lessen it's effects in the next game, I at least hope they make public lobbies ranked or something.

GamingArena

I just hope Treyarch keeps there tradition with no locked FPS , no 90FPS BS...
Im talking PC Side only 200fps FTW!!!

Treyarch really knows how to hype up their games and such with things like this.

Please no exo suits. Bunny hopping was made even worse with those things.

Top Bottom