• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 3 Details leak

ROUGE_BLOCK

Jul 8, 2014
The thrust jumps sound more akin more horizontal jumping than vertical boost jumping. So more approaching on Titanfall's movement system.

Where is that post that predicted Black Ops 3 would basically be Titanfall in terms of movement? That guy was spot on.

Obliterator

Apr 21, 2015
BTW its worth noting Zombies has an actual campaign with a narrative. Theres a real storyline this time and it appears to be set in modern day

Netherscourge

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
So, is gonna be like survival FPS?

Or just blow up Zombies tactically?

Will headshots and/or immolations be mandatory, is what I'm asking...

RedAssedApe

Aug 15, 2007
hope the netcode is up to par. aw netcode doesn't seem to be able to handle the exo movements

Card Boy

Banned
Aug 11, 2010
VIC, Australia
I always felt like the Treyarch CODs where becoming more like Halo and Halo was becoming more like Corridor Hallway shooter COD. All Black Ops 2 needed was Death Cards (Skulls) and co-op campaign and it would of being a done deal.

Just take the best stuff from W@W and Black Ops 2.

edit: judging from that first pic, i think Death Cards might be back.

Jackpot

Banned
Nov 8, 2011
The game is set in 2064 and they're using an old carbine? That's like if you played through Modern Warfare using this:

Hope they're more imaginative in the reveal.

Citadel

Oct 30, 2014
Only part that worries me is the movement... Sounds like exo jumping is back, which I really dont like... But Treyarch always makes the best CoDs... I believe in them.

Nudull

Banned
Jun 28, 2012
This is probably the first Call of Duty game in years that I'm genuinely interested in.

Auctopus

Apr 6, 2014
All sounds fine but those screens look like they've just come straight from Advanced Warfare.

BraXzy

Sep 6, 2012
Manchester, UK
Back when halo 3 vs CoD 4 was a thing, if you'd told people then that all CoDs would one day have "stupid" jetpacks and sci-fi storylines, people would have sent you death threats.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like the direction they've taken the series, it just makes me chuckle when I think back.

Nice to see Zombies is getting even more expansive, can never go wrong with a bit of zombies!