• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II official site is up

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It will be interesting to see if and how they incorporate a zombies mode into it, it could work quite easily because the four characters were hopping back and forth through time anyway. BLOPS 2 was on my radar anyway because I really enjoyed the multiplayer in the first one, but this is beginning to shape up into fresh game.

Will be interesting to see what they do considering how popular Zombies is, I would hope they expand it.

IMO IW dropped the ball when they made Spec Ops Survival 2-player only, totally lost the feel that Zombies had with a group trying to survive, and I would hope they take some of that and incorporate it.
Have set Zombie maps in the old style of progression, but having something along the lines of MW3 Survival, all MP maps available to play on with upgrades spread across the map would be awesome.

Hopefully they also bring over infection, such an addictive mode.

Jb

I thought they would stick to the cold war era setting. Could be a refreshing change of pace.

The_Monk

As someone who has played shooters on both ps3 and 360 I will say once you get used to the 360 controller it will feel much better then playing with a ps3 controller. It's kind of hard to even go back to a dualshock for fps games once you are used to the 360 controller at least in my opinion.

The main problem so far is Aiming and moving since the Analogs are in a different position, I'm taking my time. The triggers are another thing I need to get used to, it feels better but since I was used to play with L1 + R1 to point and shoot it sure makes a difference.

buy this http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_cross_fire_converter_2.0.htm
Works great, been using it for a couple of months now.

Thanks a lot man, but right now I need to avoid spending any extra cash. ;)

Well we already know how Kennedy ends up. :p

They could start the game with mason attempting to assassinate kennedy, only to fail. They could make an alternate history where he survived the assassination and was still in office or something. Then flash forward to the near future and loads of stuff is different.

The main problem so far is Aiming and moving since the Analogs are in a different position, I'm taking my time. The triggers are another thing I need to get used to, it feels better but since I was used to play with L1 + R1 to point and shoot it sure makes a difference.

Thanks a lot man, but right now I need to avoid spending any extra cash. ;)

Yeah it may take a little time, but its worth the effort put in if you intend on playing on 360 from now on. Has a very ergonomic feel to it with fps games once you get used to it.

FHIZ

I definitely thought the next IW CoD would have been the one to jump the future shark. I mean, this does bring up the question of where next year's title will go? Black Ops definitely could have milked the cold war secret ops sort of deal for another game. Does the next go future too? Well that's kind of dumb. Does it go back to the past? Redundant. Does it stay where it's at? Stagnant. I have a feeling Call of Duty/Activision has milked itself into a corner.

The only conceivable option I can think of is... SPACE!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Huh, no 3DS/Wii version. No surprise with the non-3DS version, I'm guessing this might rule out a Wii-U version too, unless they unveil that at E3.

No Vita version either, which means it's either going to get a unique title or it's own reveal at E3 as well.

Kinyou

They could start the game with mason attempting to assassinate kennedy, only to fail. They could make an alternate history where he survived the assassination and was still in office or something. Then flash forward to the near future and loads of stuff is different.
That would actually be kind of cool. They'd avoid the criticism of having you kill Kennedy, they would wrap the story of Blops 1 up and set the stage for the sequel.

Elginer

Never was a CoD fan till I picked up Black Ops on an amazon sale last December and loved the hell out of the game. Look forward to this but man one week after Halo 4, that is rough.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
big kick in the balls to IW its one of the main reasons they left because they wernt allowed to go future

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Huh, no 3DS/Wii version. No surprise with the non-3DS version, I'm guessing this might rule out a Wii-U version too, unless they unveil that at E3.

No Vita version either, which means it's either going to get a unique title or it's own reveal at E3 as well.

Mmmh, for the possible 3DS version, I think it could happen what seen in the past years: a later reveal. This happened many times with DS and Wii versions of the game. The same should happen with the Vita version...and the Wii U one.

Sojgat

hopefully since it's set in the future, Treyarch will design some of it's own original weapons (and they wont just be a bunch of XM8 rifles with stuff stuck all over them like in every bad sci fi movie). It could really help to spice up COD if we can use some more futuristic concept guns.

I definitely thought the next IW CoD would have been the one to jump the future shark. I mean, this does bring up the question of where next year's title will go? Black Ops definitely could have milked the cold war secret ops sort of deal for another game. Does the next go future too? Well that's kind of dumb. Does it go back to the past? Redundant. Does it stay where it's at? Stagnant. I have a feeling Call of Duty/Activision has milked itself into a corner.

The only conceivable option I can think of is... SPACE!

I think it will end up back in world war 2 at some point, might be good with todays multiplayer.

Atruvius

About time CoD goes to future. Modern and past settings were boring and every game had pretty much the same guns: always boring AKs and M16s. All the guns better be new.

There better a gun that shoots red frickin' lasers and says "PEEW PEEW"!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
After looking at the box art, first thing that came to mind was that dude from Prey 2. Looks good, though.

.la1n

Create a PS3 version on par with the 360 and I am down for this, I support any direction the series takes as long as it's not the same rehashed stuff we are used to.

I'm torn. I loved the 60s stuff in Black Ops, but I also always wanted that "near future" realistic sci-fi CoD that's been rumored for ages.

Either way, I'm excited. Bring on the robot dogs killstreak!

Don

Near future setting sounds very cool. Still not completely sold yet as I thought Black Ops single player campaign was awful.

How do you guys find some weird justification to buy the next CoD game?

Is this some battered wife syndrome like with Sonic fans?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
gOz3V.png

Noobs, the error message doesn't even make sense.

Well I didn't see that coming. I wonder if it will have any connection to BO1 or are they just using the subtitle for the hell of it?

How do you guys find some weird justification to buy the next CoD game?

Is this some battered wife syndrome like with Sonic fans?

Games are fun. Get the fuck out if you don't care.

Yuripaw

Banned

This is actually quite possible, because publishers are not really allowed to talk about their Wii U projects that haven't been announced yet until Nintendo says they can, which probably won't be until their press conference at E3.

Amazon Prime release day delivery. I loved Black Ops. MW3 is the first time in the series I didn't DL every map pack the day if release or really play the MP at all.

Removing dive to prone, and even worse, the offline bot mode, just made it so I'd rather play Black Ops instead. Oh yeah, zombies too.

EXGN

Haha, is Black Ops II really Prey 2? Dat promotional art.

Prey2.jpg

I don't get why it's called Black Ops II if it has seemingly no relationship to the last one, but we'll see.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
This is actually quite possible, because publishers are not really allowed to talk about their Wii U projects that haven't been announced yet until Nintendo says they can, which probably won't be until their press conference at E3.

The Wii and 3DS versions were never really advertised or anounced with any of the COD's anyway.

Yuripaw

Banned
The Wii and 3DS versions were never really advertised or anounced with any of the COD's anyway.

Well the Wii U is a little different though. Wii and 3DS were always watered down ports with subpar graphics. At least with the Wii U, they could make the same experience. I just don't really see the selling point on the Wii U. No one's gonna buy that system for CoD...but I wouldn't buy it for most of the games they revealed last year since I already got systems capable of playing said games. (batman AC, battlefield 3, and darksiders 2)

I really hope they pull something more interesting than another 'future Russia vs US vs China cold war scenario'...

I don't know, I'm just a little tired of all that.

It's something difficult to get your head around but here goes; People buy products they enjoy. Dun-dun-dah!

I'm trying to understand the people who recognise Black Ops had a bad campaign but somehow know this sequel will be better just because of a different setting. Those people who go to CoD for the single-player, instead of straight to MP.

It'll still be the same whack-a-mole shooting gallery with some scripted moments where all the budget went to. Do you think they'll change up the formula with their gameplay for the campaign? CoD has been as predictable as an annual sports game franchise.

Top Bottom