• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black vet's food taken at behest of Trump supporter at Chili's; Chili's apologizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickz

Some of these racist old people need to die already.

Silver lining is thanks to cellphones and social media all these racists cqn be exposed and defamed.

That old white man reminds me of the man that called the police that ended up paralyzing the Indian grandfather who was just out for a walk. These people just summon authority on other races they don't like-shit happens and they get to walk away scot free.
Ahhh, good ol local story......I don't like taking walks for this reason.

NeonBlack

Will probably get berated for this but....

Why is him being a Trump supporter relevant?

That being said the manager acted poorly in this situation and should be reprimanded for his actions!
The gentleman had enough documentation to prove that he was a veteran.

Because he decided to wear the trump shirt

You should get berated for such a nonsense question. This is like seeing a guy with a Nazi tattoo harassing a Jewish person and asking why his tattoo is relevant. Gee, I fucking wonder why. Come on dude. This is incredibly naive

This enrages me.

Even absent the veteran or racial angle, I pretty much think you should be able to kill someone who takes food from you while you are eating.

SpecX

Fire the manager for this bs. Rather than listen to that racist and take away this mans food, he could have easily looked this up on his or an employees phone and corrected that liar. Instead he decided to side with a racist and shame a vet.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This is 2016, why the fuck didn't they just Google that shit real fast?

Cause that wasn't the point. If I were that manager I'd rather let the guy have one free meal then risk this shit EVEN IF he were a fraud. Jesus Christ, what an asshole.

kribz

You have not seen the threads of not hurting trump voters feelings over rascism, because their reason voting Trump are more nuanced it has nothing to do about being a bigot.

I'm sensing some subtle sarcasm with your post!
FYI I didn't vote for the man so my feelings are not being hurt.
People are entitled to their opinions and I am not trying to protect anyone's feelings

You should get berated for such a nonsense question. This is like seeing a guy with a Nazi tattoo harassing a Jewish person and asking why his tattoo is relevant. Gee, I fucking wonder why. Come on dude. This is incredibly naive

What an outlandish comparison.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wow, that manager needs to learn some risk management.

Assume a veteran is lying, degrade him, and catch hell for being a racist idiot on the news.

or

Lose $5 on a fraudulent veteran's day discount for a microwaved plate of chimichangas.

Decisions, decisions.

In the cost-benefit analysis you're forgetting the huge perk of getting to treat a black person like shit while also placating a white idiot. Definitely tilts the balance.

I'm sensing some subtle sarcasm with your post!
FYI I didn't vote for the man so my feelings are not being hurt.
People are entitled to their opinions and I am not trying to protect anyone's feelings

It's incredibly apt seeing as how an anti-Semite has been appointed to a position of serious power by Trump.

Don't be naïve, the wolves are at the door.

Probably the same reason no Trump voters ever googled the vast majority of crazy shit he said.

It just "felt" right goddammit!

The manager took away his food - took away his fucking food - even after they were shown military credentials.

This was clear racism. All the guy needed was an excuse to refuse service to a black guy.

Not really...they're virtually the same. Person A, the instigator, adorns a symbol that represents an individual or group known for inciting hatred and bigotry. Person B, the target of said abuse, is part of a group that has numerous times been the focus of said hatred and bigotry. Simply calling it "outlandish" as a dismissal is incredibly weak. Or you don't understand the analogy

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This is 2016, why the fuck didn't they just Google that shit real fast?

You shouldn't even need Google. Just think "Hmmm...would our Military really now allow black people to serve in Germany?" (or was the implication that Germany doesn't allow black people to serve?) and if you don't immediately come to a conclusion, you might be an idiot.

So all we have 60 million neo-nazi's in America....got it

Hahaha, no, they're just 'economically anxious'.

Even if they aren't neo-nazi's, they're apathetic towards a neo-Nazi agenda.

This your first year in government class?

Is there a trend of junior members being Trump supports or 'just asking questions' lately? Because it seems that way.

Apathy

It's sad that a great veteran hero has his credentials questioned because of the color of his skin because the idiocy of a racist is believed over his actual deeds. Seems minorities really are only worth three-fifths in America.

Peltz

My uncle was stationed in Germany for 8 years. He is black. Where the fuck do people get this shit?

It's very scary, but I think we live in a post-factual world. In our world, facts and science have no actual bearing on people's opinions.

Campaigns continue to harp on the same talking points even when they're found to be untrue by the media or experts.

For example, look at what Trump says about Russia's DNC hacks. Our military and independent analysts have confirmed that it was a Russian hack, yet Trump insists that we don't know. This is coming from a man with literally no qualifications or experience in cyber security, nor any independent citations of authority.

The public is no longer concerned about what is or is not true... nor do they care about what can or cannot be verified. Everything in this election was determined by emotion and fear.

Wilsongt

That being said the manager acted poorly in this situation and should be reprimanded for his actions!
The gentleman had enough documentation to prove that he was a veteran.

I mean... If the hat fits and walks and talks like a deplorable...

B.O.O.M

Wow, that manager needs to learn some risk management.

Assume a veteran is lying, degrade him, and catch hell for being a racist idiot on the news.

or

Lose $5 on a fraudulent veteran's day discount for a microwaved plate of chimichangas.

Decisions, decisions.

Yep the humane element makes this a no brainer..but even from a purely business point of view this makes no fking sense to do for a manager. What an idiot

kribz

Hahaha, no, they're just 'economically anxious'.

Even if they aren't neo-nazi's, they're apathetic towards a neo-Nazi agenda.

This your first year in government class?

Is there a trend of junior members being Trump supports or 'just asking questions' lately? Because it seems that way.

Not a trump supporter. Stated that above.

My whole issue with this article is that it accentuates the fact that the old man was a trump supporter. I feel like this only feeds into the divisiveness that his country is experiencing right now. I don't want facts to be censored but I feel like their would have been a better way to report the story. Don't know that magical solution is however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom