• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Hoplatee

So how's world PvP? Or is it basically just instanced arena PvP?

Also, do most people use the cross server group finder? I always found it so dumb that they put you in a lobby while waiting for an instances, it's counter intuitive to me.

They do. In those few weeks I never had to wait longer than 30 seconds no matter the time.

It works well for what it is but it is insanely clunky at best.

F8 to dungeon selecting -> (fast) loading screen #1 -> Pick dungeon -> loading screen #2 -> zone in at main dungeon lobby for repairs / enter dungeon portal -> loading screen #3 -> clear dungeon or leave when a bunch of 38's join the lvl 45 man instance -> loading screen #4 -> placed at dungeon lobby and then leave again to queue up for another dungeon -> loading screen #5 -> Select dungeon, get party -> loading screen #6 - stand in dungeon lobby for repairs/enter portal to dungeon -> loading screen #7 -> play.

And so on.

It is what it is but doing the 4 blue dungeons when low lvls join or afk'ers will make you go through that proces often because runs like that are disadters and not worth anyones time. So odd they didnt add lvl 45 requirment to it.

Vade

So is there an actual fix for the 'Invitation from Poharan" bug? I cannot get into the 6 man unless I equip a Dokumo weapon then I can get in through cross server. Already done the big 4 and I can do the 24 man, but nope cannot get into the 6 man without doing the cross server weapon swap.

'Known issue, but NCSOFT being the lazy people they are just seem to ignore the few who have it.

NeOak

So is there an actual fix for the 'Invitation from Poharan" bug? I cannot get into the 6 man unless I equip a Dokumo weapon then I can get in through cross server. Already done the big 4 and I can do the 24 man, but nope cannot get into the 6 man without doing the cross server weapon swap.

'Known issue, but NCSOFT being the lazy people they are just seem to ignore the few who have it.

That is intended, and it is not a bug. The Dokumo weapon has the required level to enter. The Hongmoon weapon does not until you upgrade it.

Hongmoon weapons does not exist in the other regions, so that is why you need the Dokumo weapon: you would use it for the dungeon anyway.

tatsuki

ugpxpkc.png

Which one of these is worth keeping? Fist two that I found that didn't increase my threat.

Azzurri

Open World PVP is dreadful. You basically have always one faction dominating, making it a search for a good channel.

That's a huge shame, I'm not a fan of instanced PvP and I like mine Organic. I thought how SWG did was perfect, which is close to how BnS does OWPvP but only with costumes.

Ehh, so it's loading screening after loading screen. I don't see why it isn't like every other theme park MMO finder.

Hoplatee

Ehh, so it's loading screening after loading screen. I don't see why it isn't like every other theme park MMO finder.

Pretty much yup.

I only have experience with WoW which did the same except without all the extra steps/loading.

Haven't played it in years though but dont think much was changed.

demented

As a BM which soul shield should I get? I farmed 90 tokens and also got some blue and epic blackram shields but not sure what to go for and I need a new one badly.

Came across this Kotaku Opinion Piece:http://kotaku.com/blade-soul-mmo-log-two-grinding-to-a-halt-1757661411

I share some of his complaints although he managed to last a lot longer than I did. Has interest waned or do you think the current and upcoming content will keep you coming back? What say you, GAF?

I have a KFM at 45 and am leveling up a BM as well. The game is fun enough to play that the simplistic quests aren't much of an issue, also because the best content in this game is the late game dungeons that are a lot more difficult than the stuff that's in the beginning plus upcoming content like Mushin's Tower, Labrynth and the Silverfrost Area that we don't have yet.

Some of those complaints are things I wouldn't really attribute to the game itself more than other people's behaviour. Like not talking in dungeons, that's not really the game's fault, in the sense that people group so they can overcome stuff they can't do alone. Most are just in there to get in and out.

Those that want to socialize will likely create a clan/get people on voice chat (casual socialization is still possible but don't expect it in the incredibly short early game dungeons, expect it in the late game dungeons that are longer/more difficult). All the recent MMOs I've played have featured the same thing (people not talking in dungeons) so I do find it kind of strange as a complaint to the game itself.

Basically, the best parts of the game is coming, in the sense that leveling is just easing you into the game and your class as your abilities unlock, then once you're ready at max level the game throws the "git gud" stuff at you (like the upcoming content I mentioned above).

This is also probably the MMO with the fastest to level cap ride I've played. Even Guild Wars 1 that had a early level cap of 20.

Vex_

Banned
PVP vid of me failing to an assassin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rYI3rdfAE&feature=youtu.be

Fist video I have ever seriously uploaded ( sorry for low quality dont know what I am doing).

This was the sloppiest fight I ever had. I cant believe I froze up so many times on this assassin. He was hard to catch in my usual combos. He had me so shook when he disappeared. This was a disaster :c I'm embarrassed. I felt like Zangief tho at least before he started comboing me. I did better in the second round tho.

:c !!!

Azzurri

I have a KFM at 45 and am leveling up a BM as well. The game is fun enough to play that the simplistic quests aren't much of an issue, also because the best content in this game is the late game dungeons that are a lot more difficult than the stuff that's in the beginning plus upcoming content like Mushin's Tower, Labrynth and the Silverfrost Area that we don't have yet.

Some of those complaints are things I wouldn't really attribute to the game itself more than other people's behaviour. Like not talking in dungeons, that's not really the game's fault, in the sense that people group so they can overcome stuff they can't do alone. Most are just in there to get in and out.

Those that want to socialize will likely create a clan/get people on voice chat (casual socialization is still possible but don't expect it in the incredibly short early game dungeons, expect it in the late game dungeons that are longer/more difficult). All the recent MMOs I've played have featured the same thing (people not talking in dungeons) so I do find it kind of strange as a complaint to the game itself.

Basically, the best parts of the game is coming, in the sense that leveling is just easing you into the game and your class as your abilities unlock, then once you're ready at max level the game throws the "git gud" stuff at you (like the upcoming content I mentioned above).

This is also probably the MMO with the fastest to level cap ride I've played. Even Guild Wars 1 that had a early level cap of 20.

But I think it is because the design of the game lets you just rush in and out. There is no teamwork, and that's the design of the PvE content its self. It could also be because there is no Trinity, so it's an all out brawl not really needing to work together as much as if you needed a healer, tank, DPS like you would in FFXIV or other Theme Park MMO.

Sölf

That's why we have clans. Did a lot of fun runs with the clan in Big Four and PoH 6.

You mean PoH 5. :p

And god, I suck so much. I really have to learn to play my KFM better, I can't solo shit in the 45 dungeons. Maybe I try to rebind my keys, to Shift 1-4 instead of Y-V or something similar. I just don't believe I am THAT bad, that I can't even solo a single boss in those dungeons.

arimanius

Came across this Kotaku Opinion Piece:http://kotaku.com/blade-soul-mmo-log-two-grinding-to-a-halt-1757661411

I share some of his complaints although he managed to last a lot longer than I did. Has interest waned or do you think the current and upcoming content will keep you coming back? What say you, GAF?

I agree with him that people in this game suck. Worse MMO community I've been a part of and I've played a lot of mmorpgs.

No one talking is common place in mmo these days. Specially if a dungeon run is going well.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So is it safe to say that stacking Searing Palm beyond a single stack is currently impossible for KFM in our version?

The ability itself is behind a 36/45 second cooldown and you have to use it again within 10 seconds of using it once, but all the abilities that reduce the cooldown either only do so by 1 or 2 seconds and the one ability that does so by 5 pretty much requires that you crit every single time to get it to proc.

Even then I don't know if that's enough.

Here's a build that focuses on searing points as well as being a buffer for your group.

I also made a short little list of searing palm activators and reducers as well as descriptions for the rest of the build:

Didn't realize that Believe It didn't show up in the Dragonspire recruitment log. Then again it's a much better idea to be able to take yourself off the log if you don't wanna be spammed with applications. If anyone is on to send an invite, I'll be doing dailies for the next while.

IGN: Nigeki
Region: NA
Faction: Cerulean
Server: Mushin

Tried inviting you but it seemed you already logged off.

================================

Haven't been on much today due to dealing with a cold. Feel so shitty right now. :lol

But I think it is because the design of the game lets you just rush in and out. There is no teamwork, and that's the design of the PvE content its self. It could also be because there is no Trinity, so it's an all out brawl not really needing to work together as much as if you needed a healer, tank, DPS like you would in FFXIV or other Theme Park MMO.

The early game sets you up with short and quick dungeons. This isn't a game where they set you up with ballcrushing dungeons right at the start. If they did, you would see alot of people socializing, mostly about how difficult it is of course.

I wouldn't really call the tank/heal/dps triad as something teamwork oriented on its own. That requires content that incentivizes additional interaction beyond everyone doing whatever their base role is.

Quite a bit of FFXIV content can be cleared just by doing whatever your role is (kill things, make things hit you while killing them, and bringing HP bars back up and maybe kill things if you have time/mp). They quite literally have roulettes set up so you can get into a dungeon and finish it as fast possible with as little interaction as possible (because that takes time) so you can get your tomestones. Most of the time when I run roulettes in FFXIV the most I'll say is "hi" at the start and "good job" at the end.

The only time you're going to see people willingly stop and talk about what they're doing in an MMO is whne the content is difficult and your group has to talk and communicate in order to succeed.

In FFXIV, you will likely not see people talk in dungeons unless it's 1) new people who don't know what they're doing, 2) EX Trial that's already caused a wipe or is known to cause wipes so people double check to make sure everyone knows what the mechanics are 3) Savage content where GG if no one in your group says absolutely nothing (why are you in savage content with a group that doesn't communicate at all anyway?).

The way Blade & Soul is set up it's more like an action game, every class is damage while some have some utility and stuff that lets them force an enemy to attack them (KFM and BM both have threat increasing abilities which more or less lets them function as a tank, except in this game that would make them more like DPS tanks on crack).

Like I said before, you're not going see randoms having in-depth conversations in any MMO group content unless it's difficult or people who are new get curb stomped and need info on the mechanics. There's actually one case that doesn't apply, but that's not game dependant, and that's for whenever someone decides to strike up a conversation instead of waiting for other people to do it for them, and like in real life, results may vary. There's also Faction chat which is quite lively, but the quality of the socialization that occurs there might not be up to snuff.

Went off on a bit of a tangent but oh well. I actually just remembered something that happened the other day, I tried Poh 6 man for the first time and at some point we ended up waiting for Powharan to spawn for about 20 minutes. During that time we talked about random stuff including typing out the lyrics to the english Pokemon opening. I wonder if that's the kind of socialization the author was looking for.

Mawarup

Neo Member
I tried Poh 6 man for the first time and at some point we ended up waiting for Powharan to spawn for about 20 minutes. During that time we talked about random stuff including typing out the lyrics to the english Pokemon opening. I wonder if that's the kind of socialization the author was looking for.

Wait I don't remember waiting for Poh to spawn in 6 man ever.

It's Poh 24 in E.Fleet. Poh 6 is in Blackram.

Oh, guess I got it mixed up then. I haven't done the instanced area one yet.

Here's a build that focuses on searing points as well as being a buffer for your group.

I also made a short little list of searing palm activators and reducers as well as descriptions for the rest of the build:

Thanks for the build, looks like a few things aren't in our version yet like the fourth Smite upgrade line, but the rest is good.

Searing Palm does a lot of damage at the max level. I wonder if it has any use for PvP, maybe the second line? The one where it stuns the target for 2 seconds after they take 5 hits and 3 seconds of knockdown when it runs out if I'm reading the description correctly.

Sölf

Oh, guess I got it mixed up then. I haven't done the instanced area one yet.

You should definitly do that. The bosses more or less work the same as in the 24-man version, but are a bit harder (for example, Slashimi has no crabs, so you have to evade his attacks with i frames). The big 4 also show a bit of boss tactic (the eggs in Dokumo, the first boss in Pigsty with the adds and the mushrooms), but PoH-6 is even better. It's still nothing complex, but the game starts to show that it can do much more than what you saw during leveling.

So I finally reached level 45 and I think I finished the quest "Invitation from Poharan" but I still can't queue for Poharan 4 or 6, would anyone have an idea what I've been missing? :eek:

Sölf;194542700 said:
You should definitly do that. The bosses more or less work the same as in the 24-man version, but are a bit harder (for example, Slashimi has no crabs, so you have to evade his attacks with i frames). The big 4 also show a bit of boss tactic (the eggs in Dokumo, the first boss in Pigsty with the adds and the mushrooms), but PoH-6 is even better. It's still nothing complex, but the game starts to show that it can do much more than what you saw during leveling.

Yeah, looks like I need to get a Dokumo gauntlet before I can do that one.

Also, anyone know what soul shield I should be getting? I have about 21K Hp with the Profane Jiangshi one.

So I finally reached level 45 and I think I finished the quest "Invitation from Poharan" but I still can't queue for Poharan 4 or 6, would anyone have an idea what I've been missing? :eek:

Dokumo weapon.
Skittering Tunnels

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Searing Palm does a lot of damage at the max level. I wonder if it has any use for PvP, maybe the second line? The one where it stuns the target for 2 seconds after they take 5 hits and 3 seconds of knockdown when it runs out if I'm reading the description correctly.

Oh most definitely. Searing palm is a must for Arena as it helps you put out insane damage. The branch in particular you're talking about is what we use for Arena too. :D

ShinMaruku

I agree with him that people in this game suck. Worse MMO community I've been a part of and I've played a lot of mmorpgs.

No one talking is common place in mmo these days. Specially if a dungeon run is going well.
I think all MMO communities are utter shit due to the just circle it's from but this game seems bad because it's taken all the tera nutters and they move tp this game with the usual MMO hoppers, I think the community will improve when black desert comes and the jumpers and bell ends will move to that and be disappointed and burned.

As to people not speaking:

Some people have taken to talking in discord like we have, some of it is because that's how MMOs have progressed at this stage these are the people you are going to get from the usual MMO crowd, will need people NOT from a MMO background to make a change

Oh most definitely. Searing palm is a must for Arena as it helps you put out insane damage. The branch in particular you're talking about is what we use for Arena too. :D

Yeah, I also noticed Leading Palm deals more damage based on what stage your at too. So you should work the CDs around so that it's up when you're at the 4th stage of Searing Palm so you can use it with that damage boost (4x I think).

Combine that with Fighting Spirit too I suppose.

I think all MMO communities are utter shit due to the just circle it's from but this game seems bad because it's taken all the tera nutters and they move tp this game with the usual MMO hoppers, I think the community will improve when black desert comes and the jumpers and bell ends will move to that and be disappointed and burned.

As to people not speaking:

Some people have taken to talking in discord like we have, some of it is because that's how MMOs have progressed at this stage these are the people you are going to get from the usual MMO crowd, will need people NOT from a MMO background to make a change

Let me correct this slightly.

Western MMO communities are utter shit, because the majority of Western online gamers are literally fucking assholes. This isn't an MMO problem, if you've ever played any online game in every genre that exists, you've seen it in every community. MMO communities aren't even the worst Western online game communities. DOTA2 and LoL are the most notorious, but when you hear people say the community is toxic in Rocket League of all things you know it's a problem with the West.

The issue of people setting the loot to Master Looter right before the boss dies in BnS is funny because the game's been out for almost 5 years now in Korea and it's never been a problem there. The game shows up in NA/EU and suddenly it's a huge problem, because Western MMO players are douchebags. The other problem of people joining dungeons and just AFKing for free lot is also not a problem in Asia which is why votekick was never needed in BnS in it's first 5 years of existence.

If you have some friends or you find a good guild, or well if you're a Gaffer, then you can ignore the majority of the community. But that kind of defeats the purpose of massively multiplayer which is what sets MMOs apart from other smaller-scale online game genres like shooter and MOBA. It's also why MMOs are slowly dying, the asshole nature of the Western player base is naturally antithetical to the success of the genre because it's so intensely social and requires social interaction but who wants to interact with assholes all the time?

ShinMaruku

Western MMO communities are utter shit, because the majority of Western online gamers are literally fucking assholes. This isn't an MMO problem, if you've ever played any online game in every genre that exists, you've seen it in every community. MMO communities aren't even the worst Western online game communities. DOTA2 and LoL are the most notorious, but when you hear people say the community is toxic in Rocket League of all things you know it's a problem with the West.

The issue of people setting the loot to Master Looter right before the boss dies in BnS is funny because the game's been out for almost 5 years now in Korea and it's never been a problem there. The game shows up in NA/EU and suddenly it's a huge problem, because Western MMO players are douchebags. The other problem of people joining dungeons and just AFKing for free lot is also not a problem in Asia which is why votekick was never needed in BnS in it's first 5 years of existence.

If you have some friends or you find a good guild, or well if you're a Gaffer, then you can ignore the majority of the community. But that kind of defeats the purpose of massively multiplayer which is what sets MMOs apart from other smaller-scale online game genres like shooter and MOBA. It's also why MMOs are slowly dying, the asshole nature of the Western player base is naturally antithetical to the success of the genre because it's so intensely social and requires social interaction but who wants to interact with assholes all the time?

MOBAs are a special kettle of fish because when you lose, you lose bad and then you have mass neurosis of the players and you get toxic sludge.
I think Riot being a goddamn cult has a hand in some of this keeping this worse by trying to engineer better behavior which is disturbing

I think a huge part of why MMOs are declining due to the overall staticness of the genre and where they just keep it overly inclusive which will add and promote douchebaggery.

I also think the whole thing about massively multiplayer games is something that most developers are not properly equipped to deal with at this moment.

Yeah, I also noticed Leading Palm deals more damage based on what stage your at too. So you should work the CDs around so that it's up when you're at the 4th stage of Searing Palm so you can use it with that damage boost (4x I think).

Combine that with Fighting Spirit too I suppose.

You can combine with Fighting Spirit but there's a lot of overlap on crit rate so it feels kinda wasted imo. Like Stage4 is 100%crit already and a large part of Fightning Spirit is the 40% crit rate increase.

In stage 4 I've crit with Leading Palm for 13k+, although I'm not fully geared(true profane 10 still). It really does crazy damage. The current Smite that we can take also does increased damage on searing palm, it crits for like 9k or whatever on bosses, which is pretty cool. We don't have the "new" right path yet that activates Searing Palm itself.

Once we get elemental damage jewelry and what not, there's a "fire build" that involves Tiger Strike(2 right path) to proc Hellfire Kick, Smite right path(which isn't fire but activates also) and Searing Blow, for fairly easy 100% uptime. Similar to the build linked earlier but with Tiger Strike for more consistent activation since it 100% procs hellfire kick.

Can do it already, but I find I have mixed results with it. It's best used in a set group rather than pubs, because it's very easy currently for someone to fuck up your combos by moving the mob or launching it, and if you drop Searing Palm, it really sucks after that compared to the usual Swift Strike/Cyclone Kick build. Tiger Strike and Searing Blow also seems weird to cancel into, especially dodges/counters, so you need to be more careful about boss stuff. Great if you're not tanking though.

Thing is apparently the wind jewelry is a lot better, so it ends up being a fancy build but not the best and most people still go cyclone kick, and just no resets of Searing Palm besides the usual stuff.

Yeah, looks like I need to get a Dokumo gauntlet before I can do that one.

Also, anyone know what soul shield I should be getting? I have about 21K Hp with the Profane Jiangshi one.

Dokumo weapon.
Skittering Tunnels

You technically don't need Dokumo, you need a weapon of that tier. Can use any of the weapon from the 4 blue dungeons, Simyu, Brightstone and Razortusk. That said you need Dokumo to breakthrough Profane, so might as well just spend a bit more on it. Oh and Profane or higher works too. Can also just equip to queue, then change back to your infernal weapon, which is most likely a lot better.

For soulshields, get the moonwater token one for 16moonwater badges to start with, then get poharan soul shield, however with the patch soon, it might not be worth it to get that and unseal it. The moonwater should provide enough health to do everything fine, so you can just upgrade to Bloodshade Harbor/Mushin set next week from there.

You can also get the world pvp one which gives even more health, but it's really not that great for pve and full Mushin is apparently similar/better next patch. Takes a couple of hours of camping a world boss at the enemy faction outpost in Misty Woods(find a channel that's farming with a bunch of people on faction chat). If you want to keep your moonwater badges, you can farm this with your Jiangshi set easily.

You can combine with Fighting Spirit but there's a lot of overlap on crit rate so it feels kinda wasted imo. Like Stage4 is 100%crit already and a large part of Fightning Spirit is the 40% crit rate increase.

In stage 4 I've crit with Leading Palm for 13k+, although I'm not fully geared(true profane 10 still). It really does crazy damage. The current Smite that we can take also does increased damage on searing palm, it crits for like 9k or whatever on bosses, which is pretty cool. We don't have the "new" right path yet that activates Searing Palm itself.

Once we get elemental damage jewelry and what not, there's a "fire build" that involves Tiger Strike(2 right path) to proc Hellfire Kick, Smite right path(which isn't fire but activates also) and Searing Blow, for fairly easy 100% uptime. Similar to the build linked earlier but with Tiger Strike for more consistent activation since it 100% procs hellfire kick.

Can do it already, but I find I have mixed results with it. It's best used in a set group rather than pubs, because it's very easy currently for someone to fuck up your combos by moving the mob or launching it, and if you drop Searing Palm, it really sucks after that compared to the usual Swift Strike/Cyclone Kick build. Tiger Strike and Searing Blow also seems weird to cancel into, especially dodges/counters, so you need to be more careful about boss stuff. Great if you're not tanking though.

Thing is apparently the wind jewelry is a lot better, so it ends up being a fancy build but not the best and most people still go cyclone kick, and just no resets of Searing Palm besides the usual stuff.

Yeah, people were moving the bosses around quite a bit, including a destroyer who picked up the boss then started running away for no reason.

Is there any use for Searing Palm if you're going Swift Strike/Cyclone Kick? I suppose there are other abilities than Hellfire Kick for stacks but I guess it won't be as big a part of the build like if you were going Tiger Strike/Searing Blow since you won't be getting that CD reduction from Searing Blow for more frequent use.

You technically don't need Dokumo, you need a weapon of that tier. Can use any of the weapon from the 4 blue dungeons, Simyu, Brightstone and Razortusk. That said you need Dokumo to breakthrough Profane, so might as well just spend a bit more on it. Oh and Profane or higher works too. Can also just equip to queue, then change back to your infernal weapon, which is most likely a lot better.

For soulshields, get the moonwater token one for 16moonwater badges to start with, then get poharan soul shield, however with the patch soon, it might not be worth it to get that and unseal it. The moonwater should provide enough health to do everything fine, so you can just upgrade to Bloodshade Harbor/Mushin set next week from there.

You can also get the world pvp one which gives even more health, but it's really not that great for pve and full Mushin is apparently similar/better next patch. Takes a couple of hours of camping a world boss at the enemy faction outpost in Misty Woods(find a channel that's farming with a bunch of people on faction chat). If you want to keep your moonwater badges, you can farm this with your Jiangshi set easily.

I have 20 moonwater badges (you mean the stones right?). Is the vendor for that in Misty Woods?

Yeah, people were moving the bosses around quite a bit, including a destroyer who picked up the boss then started running away for no reason.

Is there any use for Searing Palm if you're going Swift Strike/Cyclone Kick? I suppose there are other abilities than Hellfire Kick for stacks but I guess it won't be as big a part of the build like if you were going Tiger Strike/Searing Blow since you won't be getting that CD reduction from Searing Blow for more frequent use.

I have 20 moonwater badges (you mean the stones right?). Is the vendor for that in Misty Woods?

Badge vendor is in Hogstead, and yeah those moonwater things from quests and stuff. You want to keep taking them over keys as rewards as you need 25 for a breakthrough weapon(although it's the true profane one so it's not soon), and they might make them useful next patch, while keys you can just buy for a few silvers.

For Searing Palm it's still really good in normal builds, downtime is still only every ~30secs or so(45secs starts at stage 4 but you have 10secs of stage 4 and you can generally get a few seconds off with whatever reduces it that's not searing blow), and it gives 10%crit damage to the entire group the entire time you're stacking it. It's relatively easy to stack while tanking since it procs off Q/E dodges, so if you know you won't actually need them, you can for example move to the side during a cone aoe then dodge into it to force a proc(if you dodge out of it most likely you won't get a resist unless you time it right, but dodging into it is easy even if you mess the timing). Can also use Leading Palm for 2 of the application, if you make sure you dodge before you use it(cooldown is only half if you use it after a dodge) and it should be back up during stage 4 if you use it for like 1 and 3.

Also next patch we get the better Smite that activates it and enough points to play around with Avenging Fist and Comet Strike even in the traditional build, so you can activate it even easier/faster.

NeOak

Pretty much. TERA was changed so much to accomodate Western BS at launch and when politics were a thing in TERA... oh boy. There was real drama.

Badge vendor is in Hogstead, and yeah those moonwater things from quests and stuff. You want to keep taking them over keys as rewards as you need 25 for a breakthrough weapon(although it's the true profane one so it's not soon), and they might make them useful next patch, while keys you can just buy for a few silvers.

For Searing Palm it's still really good in normal builds, downtime is still only every ~30secs or so(45secs starts at stage 4 but you have 10secs of stage 4 and you can generally get a few seconds off with whatever reduces it that's not searing blow), and it gives 10%crit damage to the entire group the entire time you're stacking it. It's relatively easy to stack while tanking since it procs off Q/E dodges, so if you know you won't actually need them, you can for example move to the side during a cone aoe then dodge into it to force a proc(if you dodge out of it most likely you won't get a resist unless you time it right, but dodging into it is easy even if you mess the timing). Can also use Leading Palm for 2 of the application, if you make sure you dodge before you use it(cooldown is only half if you use it after a dodge) and it should be back up during stage 4 if you use it for like 1 and 3.

Also next patch we get the better Smite that activates it and enough points to play around with Avenging Fist and Comet Strike even in the traditional build, so you can activate it even easier/faster.

It's funny because before I thought Searing Palm was a completely useless ability based on my previous understanding of it. Turns out it's actually pretty interesting, the way you can weave it in through your normal combos and reactions to enemy attacks.

Person

So is it safe to say that stacking Searing Palm beyond a single stack is currently impossible for KFM in our version?

The ability itself is behind a 36/45 second cooldown and you have to use it again within 10 seconds of using it once, but all the abilities that reduce the cooldown either only do so by 1 or 2 seconds and the one ability that does so by 5 pretty much requires that you crit every single time to get it to proc.

Even then I don't know if that's enough.

just make your tree so you have a lot of skills to prepare the next one, I don't have any trouble with it anymore, and 10 seconds is a LOT of time to stack it

It's funny because before I thought Searing Palm was a completely useless ability based on my previous understanding of it. Turns out it's actually pretty interesting, the way you can weave it in through your normal combos and reactions to enemy attacks.

It kinda is until you put 3points into it. Like baseline it's barely worth casting. Once you have 3pt though, getting it to 4 stacks is crazy powerful, and it does pretty good damage itself when you apply(like stage 4 hit is like 10k damage or something?) plus increasing leading palm and providing group bonus, it's a really nice ability. But yeah it's hard to tell what it does at first since the description is garbage, and you only get it at 45.

Why 1pt in dodge on KFM though? I mean, if you don't get 3, why bother with 1point? Could put the point in Flurry for iframes the entire animation, or take 1pt from Rising Dragon and get the aoe pull on Tremor instead. That said I'd never really consider less than 3points, having a 1sec iframe after every dodge is so huge. I'd drop Tremor and 1pt Rising Dragon to max it easily.

Also in general I wouldn't go without 1pt Second Wind for all the boss stuff that dazes or stuns, and 1pt Guiding Fist for threat.

I use 2 different builds atm, one for poh 4/6:
https://bnstree.com/KF?build=450000...070310094420511005441113160931053420604220031
I like having 3pt counter for the iframe after countering for certain stuff like Slashimi double hit if I don't want to sidestep it, although really it isn't necessary. I don't bother with Shin Kick because I'm rarely in a group with a Destroyer I find in pubs, and no Destroyer means no Shin Kick for most of the dungeon. LMB only 1pt cause I don't need focus with this build, although I'd take it over Counter if I could be bothered to move for Slashimi.

Then this one for daillies and stuff:
https://bnstree.com/KF?build=4500002000310071103033009442051100544111341084160931053420604220031
It's Tiger Strike based so easy aoeing, and good for poh24 bosses with perma searing palm. Again, can drop 2pt counter, I'm just used to it at this point, I should probably unlearn it though.

With Hongmoon I'll add Avenging Fist and Shin Kick(for the times I can actually use it).

Chariot

Listening to the Blade and Soul soundtrack on Spotify. So amazing. Eapecially Silverfrost Mountain, The Deadly Sword part 2, Twisted Power and Another Dimension.

Top Bottom