• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Well doing Naryu temple now 50 runs in no mask but i got the grave raider costume(cant use) and like 5 of those cat outfits which are worth nothing.

froliq

euro guild still rolling on windrest? Just hit 45 some days ago and figured I should join something. My character name is Nerua

So now that I'm 45, is the Moonwater Soulshield really worth it for a KFM? Seems like I lose a ton of crit and accuracy compared to my Profane Soulshield :/

Ricker

Such a poorly set up game,so unuser friendly its unbelievable...I chose 2 professions,mining those quartz icons and water sources,did the little collection quest but what now...? I go to the spots and nothing happens...what about that wheel that you turn when you log in,after one hour I have to teleport back to that one area only to turn it again...? it says go to community to turn it...where is community...to enhance one of the Hogmoon gear after its maxed,I have to do a dungeon over and over until I get the normal ring...?

Still dont know how to activate orb of wind lets say,I even learned it in the skill menu but that icon that appears with a 10 second timer does nothing and hitting space bar still makes me jump...the map is awful as well...I have a daily quest and its not showing me where to go on the map...

Think I will quit this and wait for Black Desert on March 3rd.

Sounds like a plan :D And now that I'm 45 I think it's a good time to invest 5g and finally move on from Awakened Infernal right?:D

Yeah. Upgrade your weapon as much as you can. My first couple of poh24 runs I was 28k hp and with your same weapon type. She owned me something decent. You have to do at least 1% damage and I was missing the mark each time. Took all my gold and went on an upgrade spree. When the money ran out if do the 4, poh6 and poh24 up to her. All of that after farming Moonwater. Staying alive was the hardest part for me as a KFM. So I went for the shield as soon as the story allowed it.

I finished farming Moonwater Arena SS, and got my True Infernal Sword. I need to farm the Profane Sword and enough cash for a transformation stone. I actually already have the Dokumo Sword for the next level. The big thing I need to upgrade is my accessories though.

Will moonwater transformation stone drop in value in future patch? I might want to get into those business

They should drop this week, but this isn't guaranteed, might take another week after that. Basically the biggest cost of making them is Soulstones which currently are limited to daillies rewards(so you can only get about 20 per character that's 45). In the patch, they're adding one(or potentially more) new ways to get them, which are unlimited, you can buy them with arena points.

Now this should make the price take a dive, but since they're also adding a new upgrade tier to the weapon/jewelry and those require stupid amount of soulstones, it's possible the demand will still keep up/outpace the amount that's being generated for a little while.

So you could wait and see. I don't think it'll go up, although again, new tier of gear requiring moonstones, so it could. But if you're not in a hurry, you can wait until wednesday see how it goes.

Do your daillies and stuff though, you can make 5-15g a day depending on how much you play at 45, not counting crafting.

....you can make 5-15g a day depending on how much you play at 45, not counting crafting.

How? I try to do the 4, poh6/24, and....that's all I have. Is there more to do per day at 45?

Side question: people form parties to kill Waldo, but no one answers why when I ask in game. What's happening there?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
How? I try to do the 4, poh6/24, and....that's all I have. Is there more to do per day at 45?

Big 4 blue dungeon dailies, Misty Woods, Necro and other quest dailies as well. It adds up. I dunno exact amount but it's not too bad. PVP dailies as well.

Side question: people form parties to kill Waldo, but no one answers why when I ask in game. What's happening there?

Skittering Tunnels, Ogong, Pigsty, and Brightstone ruins each have dailies that give 40+ silver. I think your pvp faction dailies also pay a lot of silver.

Yeah. Upgrade your weapon as much as you can. My first couple of poh24 runs I was 28k hp and with your same weapon type. She owned me something decent. You have to do at least 1% damage and I was missing the mark each time. Took all my gold and went on an upgrade spree. When the money ran out if do the 4, poh6 and poh24 up to her. All of that after farming Moonwater. Staying alive was the hardest part for me as a KFM. So I went for the shield as soon as the story allowed it.

Oh dear yeah that's what generally mirrors my experience too but after my first run in Poh24 I simply stopped attacking all the time and stand back till I see an opening in her attack patterns and wait who has aggro. That way it was relatively easy staying alive and still getting the 1%.

Poh24 is 4g alone. Poh6 is 80silvers+some silvers from soulshields(rarely now, everyone passes on them) and perfumes so generally about 1g. That's 5g from these 2. Mistywoods and Hogshead Pastures PvP daillies is about 1g for the quests and 17soulstones worth 25silvers each(current price on EU I think it's lower on NA), so about 5g for the whole thing. Then you can scrap 5 more gold from doing the 4 blue dungeons which give about 50silvers each(counting the moonwater tear money that gets split) and doing random daillies in misty woods and the undead area.

Don't have to do everything obviously, but Poh24+PvP daillies is about an hour(sometimes a lot less if you're lucky on poharan spawn and you don't have to fight with people for the pvp daillies) and that's close to 10g.

I believe that's the equivalent of Kit Chul for Ceruleans. It's a mob for one of the pvp daily in Misty woods, it's right in the opposite camp so it's annoying to do in general and people fight over it and stuff, so groups form to make it less annoying.

Are the bracelets for lvl 45s only?

Yes 45 only. Only blue bracelets atm, they can roll 3 things though, Threat, Critical Damage or Attack power(plus the fixed stats which are like critical and defense and I don't remember what else, block?)

Sölf

My Summoner just got his Deva staff after ~17 chests (and 4 more in my inventory). ANd god knows how many soul shield chest, another 20+ probably. At least I got the Outfit (but not the adornment, which my other character got but not the outfit, artghahasdjd)

Chariot

My average day is currently, ordered by priority:

E. Fleet (6)
Poh 6 or 4 (1)
PVP Duel dailies (5)
Big Four (4)
Misty Woods PVP Dailies (5)
Beach PVP (2)
Tomb of Exiles (1)
Various Misyy Woods Dailies (5)
Orchard of Souls (3)

That's 32 of 40. I f I feel like it I may do some Highkand Necropolis or Mobkey stuff, but usually I run an additional Poh 4 instead if I have the time.

Think I'm done. So many good games coming out or are out right now. I felt like I was just logging in to spin on daily dash. After completing that, just felt like chores.

I might comeback when I finish some of the new games out.

Zand

Neo Member
Such a poorly set up game,so unuser friendly its unbelievable...I chose 2 professions,mining those quartz icons and water sources,did the little collection quest but what now...? I go to the spots and nothing happens...what about that wheel that you turn when you log in,after one hour I have to teleport back to that one area only to turn it again...? it says go to community to turn it...where is community...to enhance one of the Hogmoon gear after its maxed,I have to do a dungeon over and over until I get the normal ring...?

Still dont know how to activate orb of wind lets say,I even learned it in the skill menu but that icon that appears with a 10 second timer does nothing and hitting space bar still makes me jump...the map is awful as well...I have a daily quest and its not showing me where to go on the map...

You could always read a guide about crafting, or read the intro quest dialog about them, pretty sure it goes over the Gathering/Crafting interface.

Press L, all your professions will pop up in one window. Then you just request which Gathered materials (you only need to go out into the world to gather each type once), for Craft, just pick what you can make and it will do it for you.

Not sure what "wheel" you're talking about, but if its the Daily Dash(?), just open the wheel window again (press Esc, click Daily Dash).

To enhance a piece of maxed out Hongmoon gear you do indeed need to find the dungeon that drops the weapon/accessory you need. This RNG hell, at times.

Orb of Wind is activated by pressing F or Tab, check your skill window, find the skill, and it will show you what key to press to activate it.

The map is quite functional. /shrug

You'll hate BDO if this game gives you such frustration.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Orb of wind? Blade Dancer? You need 3 which gives your F rolling typhon

My average day is currently, ordered by priority:

E. Fleet (6)
Poh 6 or 4 (1)
PVP Duel dailies (5)
Big Four (4)
Misty Woods PVP Dailies (5)
Beach PVP (2)
Tomb of Exiles (1)
Various Misyy Woods Dailies (5)
Orchard of Souls (3)

That's 32 of 40. I f I feel like it I may do some Highkand Necropolis or Mobkey stuff, but usually I run an additional Poh 4 instead if I have the time.

What do the (#)'s mean? Amount of gold?

Sölf;194612250 said:
Number of daily quests.

Gotcha. Ty. I need to go back and get my faction quests up to speed. The few times I put on the gear I got murdered before getting out of the menu so I just avoided it.

I played KR BDO and it is trash and I feel sorry for the people in NA/EU who are getting scammed into paying up front for a game which is F2P in KR.

It's barely even in the Top 100 in Korea, the game launched and promptly sank like the Titanic.

I will try to avoid anything published by Nexon. At least with NCSoft looks like they actually have human working in customer service department.

Jayhawk

Crafting in this game is an afterthought, so comparing this game to BDO with regards to crafting is laughable. If we're going to base our playing decisions on what's popular in Korea, we should all be playing Maple Story and ArcheAge instead.

Crafting in this game is an afterthought, so comparing this game to BDO with regards to crafting is laughable. If we're going to base our playing decisions on what's popular in Korea, we should all be playing Maple Story and ArcheAge instead.

You are unusual because you play games for super hardcore crafting. You must surely realize how rare that kind of player is.

Nexon wut? Is nexon publishing a new game or something?

wait I thought BDO is being published by Nexon, guess I misread it somewhere lol

Nexon owns about 15 or 25 % of NCsoft. :p

If Nexon wants to go ham they will soon own all of NCSoft and well. >_>

Hopefully they won't. Honestly Nexon service is the worst. Slow to answer ticket (took 2 years for them to reply to issue of my hacked account lol) + Karma coin has expiry date.

Jayhawk

You are unusual because you play games for super hardcore crafting. You must surely realize how rare that kind of player is.

I don't play games for super hardcore crafting. I play games that offer a variety of options for gameplay and offer multiple options for difficult group content. The most fun I have with this game is 4-man supply chain and 3v3 arena. Too bad the world pvp system isn't conducive to decent group combat. The world pvp system has outnumbered zerg fests in different channels.

ShinMaruku

I don't play games for super hardcore crafting. I play games that offer a variety of options for gameplay and offer multiple options for difficult group content. The most fun I have with this game is 4-man supply chain and 3v3 arena. Too bad the world pvp system isn't conducive to decent group combat. The world pvp system has outnumbered zerg fests in different channels.

World pvp will always fail in these games because unless the game forces people to be on a faction and there are other constraints there will always be a faction imbalance.

Well they tied OWPvP to daily quests you have to do for Soulstones and they are almost all actually PvE dailies. Most players just want to get their dailies done, they don't want to fight players for hours every day to kill some mobs. So players of opposing factions tend to congregate in different channels and avoid fighting each other. This is also how Aion worked IIRC.

Anyways BDO has nothing you want based on the claim you made in this post about what you want in games.

Anyone else getting severe lag in-game right now?

Like all my abilities are activating about 1 second later than normal. Can't really defend against bosses in this state .

Top Bottom