• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Got my two names on Mushin, Fells (Assassin) and Fellsi (Force Master). Honestly Assassin is only class I'm going to play, but figured I'd snag the secondary name for when I delete it and try out the new classes (whenever that is).

Kitoro

Wanted Vela and Kito. Scored Vela, but Kito and Kit were both taken. Gave my Lyn fiery black ears and tail and named him Toto. Good enough. :p

I rushed so fast that I barely used any of the custom sliders aside from height and proportions. I'm happy with how they turned out, though!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just a heads up, the discord link is now up! Click on the Discord logo in the OT and you'll enter the Blade&Soul GAF server where Shin, myself, and others are hanging out at. :)

Are the classes sufficiently martial artsy? Obviously the Kung Fu class is, but the rest of the classes just look like generic fantasy MMO classes.

Reszo

Cant wait to finally play this in English. I played the Chinese version for a bit but the more leveled i got the more the lag was noticeable on my combos.

I wish we had Warlock.

shaowebb

The number 1 reason why you buy this game:
noQWzCU.gif
What about stuff like this beatdown though?
UvM2gvj.gif

I may look into this game since it has controller support. Nice to see you can create a female with a big booty unlike FFXIV. I see this is an arpg which is also a plus

Baalzebup

Aaand done.

Yun Blade Master Dienina and Gon Force Master Lightsong created on US - Mushin and EU - Windrest. Both tall and bootylicious.

I'm trying to see if I could use a booster or something to bring my ping to anywhere near 100 on the NA servers. 150+ seem a bit too much for a fast game like this.

Damn, I wanted to name my character Vincent Vega
on a Lyn
but they don't have the right hairdo!

At least I got Linn Kurosawa, even though there isn't a ponytail that looks like hers, so I just did something with black hair.

Ok, I made a Jin Assassin named Linn Kurosawa and a Lyn Blade Dancer named Vincent Vega on Mushin. Vincent Vega doesn't look too much like Travolta, he just looks kind of chubby actually, so I guess it's Hairspray Travolta. He still looks clueless as hell though.

4ea.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
The FAQ image is kind of hard to read between the busy image and font choice (though someone asked and answered the main question I couldn't read well, the level cap).

nikos

Great OT! Really looking forward to the game. I'd love to play with you guys, but the Crimson Legion may be calling me. Anybody joining that faction?

Your faction literally doesn't matter in this game except to determine which half of the server's population is hostile to you. It's basically Red vs. Blue. Just roll with GAF faction, which is apparently going to be Blue.

Alright I'll bite

How does this game compare to PSO2? I'm looking for more actiony and less carrot on a stick content.
Also looking for a class that can get away with a lot of mistakes like Fiona(Counter/TankNSpank Playstyle) in Vindictus but able to bring their DPS to the table.
Or just outright heal yourself because :v

The more I'm looking into this game the more I'm interested. I downloaded it probably won't be able to put any money into this right away. This will but the first game that I'll make a female character(for reasons displayed on the first page) with as I didn't do it in FFXIV and in Marvel Heroes you can't create a player.

Baalzebup

Alright I'll bite

How does this game compare to PSO2? I'm looking for more actiony and less carrot on a stick content.
Also looking for a class that can get away with a lot of mistakes like Fiona(Counter/TankNSpank Playstyle) in Vindictus but able to bring their DPS to the table.
Or just outright heal yourself because :v

I found the Blade Master to be very satisfying in just such a role. You can work some abilities to heal you, even on block if you invest some points to it. They can also still dish out a decent amount of damage.

It actually got a bit silly when I got a Drain Life on Crit gem in the Beta and then boosted my crit rates on the DPS-heavy Draw-stance. It boosted both my self-healing and my damage output by a rather ludicrous decree considering it was just a single socket item.

I see, I will definitely try that class out. Though I'm having conflicting feelings choosing this game as my main mmo due to the release of black desert online in NA as well. Though atleast blade and soul is f2p so that is that.

What does this game have over black desert online? I researched that this is more comparable to Tera, while BDO is more vindictus.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I played in a beta weekend and couldn't get into it. Gonna try again.

Maybe it was just because Monk was kind of boring. Why can't I make Lyn Monks/Assassins? NCSoft plz.

Top Bottom