• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kudo

Is there a way to try character creation before the game launches, or is it included in the name reservation only?

Also would be nice to have EU server on the OT too, so people can find their way there. I assume Windrest is going to be the popular pick so I'll probably play there myself, and in Crimson Legion.
Totally new to the game so can't really talk about anything but would be nice to play with fellow people here, dungeons etc.

Hubb

I've got a few questions!

Thanks so much!

The only answer I know is that headstart launches 10 AM PST Friday.

So you can only get a name right now if you bought a pack?

Every time I log in it says it failed to connect to server.

Correct

Is there a way to try character creation before the game launches, or is it included in the name reservation only?

Download another region's version is the only way I know of right now.

SmallWind

I've got a few questions!

Is it possible to flag for PvP without taking off one's favorite costume? Basically, can the tunic be equipped as an item rather than having to outwardly wear it?
No, have to wear the specific pvp costume for pvp.

Second, I noticed that the Master's Pack weapon skin is only usable for one character's weapon. Am I right to believe that every character only uses one single weapon that's powered up through the game? Can I apply the weapon skin to my main character right at the start and enjoy it all the way through?
The weapon skin will stay till you don't like it anymore and want to change it.

Lastly, what time on the 15th does the head start begin?

Thanks so much!
10am Pacific

Alright, I'm good to go!

Also would be nice to have EU server on the OT too, so people can find their way there. I assume Windrest is going to be the popular pick so I'll probably play there myself, and in Crimson Legion.
Totally new to the game so can't really talk about anything but would be nice to play with fellow people here, dungeons etc.

You can use the character creator if you have the Founder/Master pack (since you need to create a character to reserve a name).

Otherwise it's 15th (if you have any of the packs for the head start) or 19th for those without a pack.

Kudo

Going to be fun times spending whole launch day thinking up names and creating character then, wish I had the extra dosh to put in to Disciple Pack.
Always hardest part with these games, character creation.

Sorian

Banned
Going to be fun times spending whole launch day thinking up names and creating character then, wish I had the extra dosh to put in to Disciple Pack.
Always hardest part with these games, character creation.

As someone else has said somewhere, you can download the client for a different region where it has already been released and play with the character creator in there, I believe the character data is saved in the same place as the NA/EU client so whatever you make can be pulled back up later.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Aboslutely fantastic OT! First time hearing about this game and have to admit this OT sold me on the game. Well done SDBurton

Wow, thank you so much! That means a hell of a lot to me. :)

As someone else has said somewhere, you can download the client for a different region where it has already been released and play with the character creator in there, I believe the character data is saved in the same place as the NA/EU client so whatever you make can be pulled back up later.

It is. :D

Numb

tumblr_mh94g2d8eA1rlzgq1o2_400.gif

Destroyers gonna destroy
Nice OT SD

Quick question, when do we pick what faction we want to play? I didn't see anything during character creation, at least I don't think so :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You'll have a quest that gives you the option of picking Red or Blue. They're not factions per se, just PVP flags you take on or off at your leisure, but you can only choose one.

SDBurton

Yeah, the OT sold me on the game. Though I thought it was coming out sooner. Now I have to wait.

That's really awesome to hear. Looking forward to stream rolling dungeons with you all.

Quick question, when do we pick what faction we want to play? I didn't see anything during character creation, at least I don't think so :(

Basically what Haly said. After the initial tutorial quest you'll see two faction leaders in the starting village. Speak to the one in blue to join the Cerulean Order so we can invite you to the clan.

============================

So I mentioned earlier that we're still in discussions of what our clan name should be and we had a couple ideas tossed around in the CBT thread awhile ago but with no real consensus on anything. So while we're waiting for head start on Friday let's get down to thinking of and or choosing one:

Following the G A F acronym, so far we got:

Gather Against Fate (what the Final Fantasy XIV branch used for their clan)
Great Asian Food
Galaxy Angel Force
Grace and Fury
Godlike AF
(As Fuck)

Any more suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

You'll have a quest that gives you the option of picking Red or Blue. They're not factions per se, just PVP flags you take on or off at your leisure, but you can only choose one.

To add, there are several other factions as well out there besides the story's default blue and red ones.

If you choose to wear a certain group of NPC's outfit, you'll be alligned to that faction and the enemy faction will become hostile to you.

Ultimadrago

I like how the leaders are besties while their color-coded minions brutally slice each other's faces.

mileS

The system requirements seem low for this kind of game? Does it perform better than TERA did? That game was good for the most part until certain parts of the raids or instances.

I'll probably try to create my character Thursday night. Just hope my names don't get swiped during that time. Either that or just use the alteration vouchers.

Giant Ass Fiends

OK I actually laughed.

I would post the gif but I'm sure someone else will eventually.

SDBurton

The system requirements seem low for this kind of game? Does it perform better than TERA did? That game was good for the most part until certain parts of the raids or instances.

The game is a bit more CPU intensive if anything due to it using UE3. Going into well populated towns can drop your frame rates a bit.

NeOak

That's really awesome to hear. Looking forward to stream rolling dungeons with you all.

Basically what Haly said. After the initial tutorial quest you'll see two faction leaders in the starting village. Speak to the one in blue to join the Cerulean Order so we can invite you to the clan.

============================

So I mentioned earlier that we're still in discussions of what our clan name should be and we had a couple ideas tossed around in the CBT thread awhile ago but with no real consensus on anything. So while we're waiting for head start on Friday let's get down to thinking of and or choosing one:

Following the G A F acronym, so far we got:

Gather Against Fate (what the Final Fantasy XIV branch used for their clan)
Great Asian Food
Galaxy Angel Force
Grace and Fury
Godlike AF
(As Fuck)

Any more suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Believe

It is really more neutral and it is something people do remember when they see it. Use the logo and you will see many old TERA players recognizing the guild lol

Reszo

Here's the official Outfit Simulator if you want to see the type of gear and outfits that are in the game or to be expected to come. It is in Korean.
Just choose the portrait of your race at the top, and then you can click through the gear sets on the leftside.
Might have to play with it a bit to see everything.

http://bns.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/gallery/

LowParry

Here's the official Outfit Simulator if you want to see the type of gear and outfits that are in the game or to be expected to come. It is in Korean.
Just choose the portrait of your race at the top, and then you can click through the gear sets on the leftside.
Might have to play with it a bit to see everything.

http://bns.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/gallery/

I'm so glad I'm going summoner now. Them cat outfits are slick as fuuuuuuuuuck.

Edit: oh yeah, can you customize your cat summon or does it go default?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, how much am I actually missing by just going with the initiate pack? Are the other packs worth the money?

SAMZ

Im really interested in this and i have a couple of questions. Also FFXIV is the only MMO i have ever played so comparisons where i could understand would be good

Does this have good controller support? Like FFXIV was awesome for controller as you could fit 32 commands with just the crossbar with extended, also it was easy to use. I hope targeting isn't hard too and its got a quick and easy cycle target method.

I know this is a long shot but will this ever be released on ps4 with a shared world with pc and other Platforms?

Thnx

Hubb

So, how much am I actually missing by just going with the initiate pack? Are the other packs worth the money?

Well you missed the initial name claiming rush, so that goes down in value a little. The titles mean nothing to me so there is no value there. I am an alt-aholic so extra character slots do have value to me. The Ncoin included already states its value. I'm not sure how much a premium membership costs, but lets be on the safe side and say it is a $10 value. The basic booster pack seems like nothing to me, but the master's one has the extra bag slots which increases the value and then you have the extra character skin/weapon skin.

Really rough estimates on the masters pack:

Name claiming: ?
Titles: ?
Headstart: ?
Premium Points: 0 (no idea how to value these)
90 day membership: $30
Extended Booster Pack: $10 (might be worth more because I have no idea how much 50 bag slot increases are worth/how much the keys are worth)
2 Character alteration vouchers: $20 (Guessing these are going to go for about $10 a piece)
5 Extra Character slots: $25 (Probably at least $5 a slot)
7200 Ncoin: $90
Costume/skins/w/e: ?

The "?" are basically whatever that is worth to you I can't even guess a piece because some people value things differently, specially names. Everything else adds up to $175 for 130~ after tax. It could be worth a little more or worth a little less depending on how well I guess the prices of things. It could be worth less if you don't care about 5 character slots and think you'll only need 1-3 slots.

If you want all of the above I think it is worth it.

Mawarup

Neo Member
As someone who is interested in hearing the people of GAF's opinion on the classes in this game, what did people enjoy from previous closed beta/ other regions and why.

As someone who is interested in hearing the people of GAF's opinion on the classes in this game, what did people enjoy from previous closed beta/ other regions and why.

Blademaster (not the Lyn one, it's swordmaster) is fun, because it tests your reaction skills to perform block counters. There are so many fighting styles that you can set depend on your liking. You're also the 'tank' in dungeons, the heart of your party. If you fail to perform a cancel skill, your entire party could be wiped out.

Lyn swordmaster is the most boring class for me. You're only spamming certain skills most of the time and spinning around. Kungfu Master is similar with swordmaster, but not quite as good against groups. I haven't tried the other classes, but as I see it summoner is the easiest class to play.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Lyn swordmaster is the most boring class for me. You're only spamming certain skills most of the time and spinning around. Kungfu Master is similar with swordmaster, but not quite as good against groups. I haven't tried the other classes, but as I see it summoner is the easiest class to play.

T-T But my blind swordsman...

T-T But my blind swordsman...

Remember, it's just my opinion. :D
Lyn swordsmaster is GOOD at dealing burst and aoe damage, but they're squishy due to the lack of block (they can parry though). That spin ability is just too good to not to be spammed, which makes the class boring for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Whats the most mobile class? I mentioned I disliked Kung Fu Master and I think that's because I spent most of my time spamming counter, which isn't a very satisfying skill.

Although it was pretty funny when I got ganked once and demolished the other guy by countering everything.

SDBurton

Honestly I'd say if you're going to go above initiate, might as well get the Master pack to get the most bang out of your buck. Along with the hefty 7200 NCoin you'll be receiving, you will also get the exclusive costume and weapon skin that won't be available any other way. With all the other things included it's literally a steal imo.

Believe

It is really more neutral and it is something people do remember when they see it. Use the logo and you will see many old TERA players recognizing the guild lol

Hmmm... that could work.

Top Bottom