• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Freiya

The system requirements seem low for this kind of game? Does it perform better than TERA did? That game was good for the most part until certain parts of the raids or instances.
It runs leagues better than Tera but it doesn't look as nice.

Vex_

Banned
It runs leagues better than Tera but it doesn't look as nice.

I disagree. Bns also seems to have a lot of really cool effects when using skills that Tera lacks. I also think the character models are larger and more detailed.

Tera also lacks decent scaling. For that, the world seems "off".

Also, physics. Cloth physics. Tera don't got dat. Animations aren't nearly as detailed either.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Honestly I'd say if you're going to go above initiate, might as well get the Master pack to get the most bang out of your buck. Along with the hefty 7200 NCoin you'll be receiving, you will also get the exclusive costume and weapon skin that won't be available any other way. With all the other things included it's literally a steal imo.

What kind of stuff can you get with the NCoin?

What kind of stuff can you get with the NCoin?

Costumes mainly. If you plan to play for free, but you want to reserve a name, just get the $75 pack. Also check if the name your want is already taken first as the initial name rush happened yesterday. Look on the Reddit for the relevant link since I'm on my phone right now.

edit:
To check if any particular name is already taken, use this:
http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/search/info

LowParry

I actually gave up FFXIV and went to Marvel Heroes. So it's gonna be that and this

I just gave up FFXIV entirely. End game is just...not what I want honestly. Wife still plays and grinding out for her Relic weapon thought. I think I might upgrade my pack later today. See what other name I can get.

Question from a few pages back didn't really get addressed:

Speaking of names, I'm curious: what's the sort of "linguistic base" of the NPC/story character names, if you want a name that matches the world setting? I'd guess Korean, but I don't want to make any assumptions and the race names had me wondering a little. I'm going to be a F2P plebian on this one so no character creation until the 19th, but it'd be nice to know what kind of names to look at in advance.

I checked what backstory is available on the website, and a lot of the names seem pretty obviously Chinese or Japanese-based, unsurprisingly, and I know the whole thing is basically Wuxia: The Game, but it's still unclear if there's any particular naming scheme for individual races or whatnot (like Lyn trending toward "Japanese" names or whatnot). Is there any to be aware of, to make sure a character name fits into the world as smoothly as possible?

It's a little thing, but I always get a bigger kick out of many games of this sort when my character actually obeys the apparent mores of the world and feels like they belong.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Is there a way to reset your skill tree if you decide to change it up later on?

yes and what most people are probably going to love. it cost no money to reset your skill tree. With little bit of Ncoin you can buy another skill set so you dont have to lets say reset for PvP and than reset for PvE if you want to have a you know specific build. In beta I did a mix between the two. i was able to handle my own PvP and PvE

Manac0r

Damn I think I created the most generic character ever.. A wandering Blade Master, blind, scar across left eye by the name of Kibagami...

Still gonna play it my way way.... Always love the hype of a new MMO... So much potential...

I'm pretty tempted to get the Initiate Founder's Pack because I should have a full weekend to play, but I know my playtime will be reduced because of school. I'd love to play with GAF, but work and school just gets in the way. I feel like I'd be left behind very quickly.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Question from a few pages back didn't really get addressed:

I checked what backstory is available on the website, and a lot of the names seem pretty obviously Chinese or Japanese-based, unsurprisingly, and I know the whole thing is basically Wuxia: The Game, but it's still unclear if there's any particular naming scheme for individual races or whatnot (like Lyn trending toward "Japanese" names or whatnot). Is there any to be aware of, to make sure a character name fits into the world as smoothly as possible?

It's a little thing, but I always get a bigger kick out of many games of this sort when my character actually obeys the apparent mores of the world and feels like they belong.

There's not really a set naming scheme for each race, so you should be okay.

I'm pretty tempted to get the Initiate Founder's Pack because I should have a full weekend to play, but I know my playtime will be reduced because of school. I'd love to play with GAF, but work and school just gets in the way. I feel like I'd be left behind very quickly.

I'm sure there will be a number of people in your situation, and most definitely people will have alts too so don't worry about trying to keep up. Go at your own pace and have fun.

Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and purchase it to enjoy it for a weekend. I remember when playing the beta that I had to pick three regions or something like that. I think I chose Mushin, but does it really matter?

Also, are you supposed to stick with your Hongmoon weapon? I learned about upgrading weapons literally the last day of my beta period. Before that, I had been using a weapon I got from spinning some wheel that couldn't be upgraded at all.

ShinMaruku

Stay at your own pace, this game is not quite the group rush, that wow is an with Mushin's Tower
you will have all the time you need. :)

Our region is NA our server is mushin pick those. Keep your Hoongmoon weapon and keep upgrading it until we get the raids out it will be the best weapon in the game.

_woLf

A friend of mine really wants to play this but keeps being told that a debugger is running whenever he wants to install it. He played during the CBTs without any problems :/

I looked online and it seems like it's a common windows 10 problem and usually the solution is to disable firewall/antivirus, completely remove gameguard stuff, etc...but he did all that and it still doesn't work, same error.

Has anyone here seen the problem? It's really frustrating. :/ I assume he could probably use CCleaner to disable a ton of startup programs, but I'm not familiar with windows 10. Is there a list of startup programs that shouldn't be disabled with 10?

Zand

Neo Member
Hows the combat compared to TERA?

Faster, little or no animation locks, but "normal" attacks will hit if you're in range and don't use an evade. In Tera if you just move out of the way you can avoid normal attacks, that is the only aspect Tera does better, imo.

If you enjoyed playing Tera, you will enjoy B&S (though this game doesn't have the holy trinity).

LowParry

I am now a Master. Now only if it would allow me to apply.

Edit: Ah so that was intended. So the wait for head start begins now.

You are correct, but so far, none of the Gx Ax Fx names really appeal to me, though the FFXIV name (Gather Against Fate) is ok, I'd even support the GW2 version of Gaming Age Force, but not the rest. =/

Could always just use GAF. ;p

I'm sorry you don't have a sense of humor.

I'm thinking about giving the game a shot this weekend. I had been looking forward to this since the Korean launch but the localization was taking so long that I basically gave up. Also, NCS. I'll probably grab an initiate pack and see how it goes. Is Thursday the last day you can buy a Founder's Pack for early access?

For the guild name, GAF acronyms are the best. I always liked Gaming Age Force from GW2GAF. I also like Gather Against Fate from FFXIV GAF because bias but the context of the name makes more sense in FFXIV...although it still sounds cool.

Here are some others I thought up:
Grandmasters of the Art of Fighting
Grandmaster Alliance Foundation
Gaming Alliance Foundation
Gods Avenging the Fallen
Ghost Attack Force
Gaming Age Fighters

I'm thinking about giving the game a shot this weekend. I had been looking forward to this since the Korean launch but the localization was taking so long that I basically gave up. Also, NCS. I'll probably grab an initiate pack and see how it goes. Is Thursday the last day you can buy a Founder's Pack for early access?

For the guild name, GAF acronyms are the best. I always liked Gaming Age Force from GW2GAF. I also like Gather Against Fate from FFXIV GAF because bias but the context of the name makes more sense in FFXIV...although it still sounds cool.

Gods Avenging the Fallen
Ghost Attack Force
Gaming Age Fighters
Great As Fuck?

Stay at your own pace, this game is not quite the group rush, that wow is an with Mushin's Tower
you will have all the time you need. :)

Our region is NA our server is mushin pick those. Keep your Hoongmoon weapon and keep upgrading it until we get the raids out it will be the best weapon in the game.
What about weapon drops from bosses? Are there any pros to using those over your Hongmoon weapon? I remember spending over an hour beating a boss over and over again to get a Lynblade. But the Hongmoon weapon will eventually surpass everything?

SDBurton

Gods Avenging the Fallen
Ghost Attack Force
Gaming Age Fighters

I think Shin also said that one before and I liked it, but it looks like 'Believe' is picking up steam. :lol

In regards to Founder Packs, it appears you have until the 19th (12:01AM) to get them.

SDBurton

What about weapon drops from bosses? Are there any pros to using those over your Hongmoon weapon? I remember spending over an hour beating a boss over and over again to get a Lynblade. But the Hongmoon weapon will eventually surpass everything?

Usually the weapons that drop from dungeons are used to cause your Hongmoon weapon to breakthrough to another level, thereby making it more powerful. There's a small section talking about it in the OT under 'Weapon Upgrades'.

Zand

Neo Member
I'm sorry you don't have a sense of humor.

Has nothing to do with having a sense of humor, quite a few of the names posted so far have made me chuckle, but I still wouldn't want them to be a guild name.

Goku Adores Freeza
Great Assaulting Flatulence
Government Against Freedom
Gamers Assailing Females
Gentle Ass Fingerings

/shrug

NeOak

Honestly I'm find with whatever name. Just keep the people playing!
I was told by non-Gaffers that joined the TERA PvE guild that they liked the name and the ones that knew about GAF felt right at home anyway.

Thing is, Gaffers are notorious for playing a game for a while and moving on. The GAF churning rate was several times the non-Gaffers rate. It actually increased when TERA went F2P.

So, my 2 cents as GM of a guild that had 50 people online at one time in a F2P game with BRs: Use the name. It is already known in TERA to the people I know are going to play, plus it has gotten exposition from an official TERA stream I participated in.

Making the guild "GAF" exclusive, as it would feel like by using any of the bad suggestions so far, can end up killing it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So, this is free-to-play and not buy-to-play? I know it say F2P right there in the OP but I'm just double triple checking to make sure

Gattsu25

Banned
Start the game
Enter my PIN
*Failed to connect to server* error appears. Game quits 3 seconds later.

What do?

Top Bottom