• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Uthred

Didnt realise not all weapons can be used as skins, was hoping to use the stone sword from the vendor but am tragically denied

Sölf

Did the first two 6-man dungeons solo (because all mobs except for the one boss in it are soloable without any problem). Pokey was actually quite hard for me, because I don't really have any reliable AoE and targeting those stupid eggs was basically impossible. I could avoid like all damage he did, but if any of the eggs hatched it was basically over for me. The Plague Mite either bugged or at some part it just stops spawning adds. But doing those solo is actually pretty good to learn your class and what you are capable of.

Sölf;192902456 said:
Did the first two 6-man dungeons solo (because all mobs except for the one boss in it are soloable without any problem). Pokey was actually quite hard for me, because I don't really have any reliable AoE and targeting those stupid eggs was basically impossible. I could avoid like all damage he did, but if any of the eggs hatched it was basically over for me. The Plague Mite either bugged or at some part it just stops spawning adds. But doing those solo is actually pretty good to learn your class and what you are capable of.

Yeah, that's my experience soloing Pokey with KFM. If more than one egg hatches, I'm fucked. Thankfully I can blow them up pretty easily. My issue when I first started was I kept knocking the eggs back on accident, and I wouldn't notice, so they'd be like 10 feet behind the boss and then all hatch.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Anyone have a recommended guide for kung fu master? Love the class but having a hard time succeeding in combat, I feel like I'm getting hit way too often and have no idea what I'm doing with crowd control other than lol spinning wheeee.

Here you go! :D

Wow the flame kick you can unlock from a iron shoulder on KFM is pretty insane. Lot of damage for no cooldown.

Yeeeeeeah buddy!

Chariot

Yeah, that's my experience soloing Pokey with KFM. If more than one egg hatches, I'm fucked. Thankfully I can blow them up pretty easily. My issue when I first started was I kept knocking the eggs back on accident, and I wouldn't notice, so they'd be like 10 feet behind the boss and then all hatch.
It was so funny listening to him doing that in discord *snicker*
Okay, so maybe it's placebo, but I just turned off "repeat actions on key hold" and now ani-cancels seem infinitely easier.
I didn't even know that this is a thing.

Sölf

I thought the first 6 men dungeon was the Blackram one. Those dungeons before were all solo-able imo.

Yeah, those are all mini dungeons, it's just that those are the first 6-man bosses in there. Maybe not intended to solo (and definitly quite hard), but good class training imo.

For anyone who has already gotten the afk timer patch, and wants to afk by auto running into a wall, I'd suggest doing it in one of those npc houses that's an instance. Or even a dungeon instance, so no one sees your char.

Seeing some people saying they're gonna report anyone they see running into a wall.

Sorian

Banned
For anyone who has already gotten the afk timer patch, and wants to afk by auto running into a wall, I'd suggest doing it in one of those npc houses that's an instance. Or even a dungeon instance, so no one sees your char.

Seeing some people saying they're gonna report anyone they see running into a wall.

Oh? Is that against the TOS too?

Kyne

I'm pretty sure it was on by default because I'd never seen the option until just now, and I had to turn it off.

this actually makes a lot of sense.

I use puush to take SS's ingame, and whenever I hit the combination of keys to do so I take like 10 SS's of the same image, even though I only meant to press it once.

Sakura

How long before it auto AFKs you?
I left it on while I walked to the store to buy groceries, came back, and was still logged on.

Alrus

Little tips, you can apparently disable the confirmation message when trying to salvage/offer a blue or purple weapon in the option menu. Should save time salvaging 50 mirrors in a row.

Edit: Well nvm it doesn't seem to change anything when you disable that option.

Little tips, you can apparently disable the confirmation message when trying to salvage/offer a blue or purple weapon in the option menu. Should save time salvaging 50 mirrors in a row.

Oh thank god.

Is there any way to disable the "OMG THIS IS TOO HARD FOR YOU TO SOLO" message when you enter a dungeon solo?

I can't find that option, where is it located?

It's under "mouseover options" under the camera tab.

It says mouseover options but I just tested and it applies to keyboard skills as well.

Tested by turning it on and holding R, which spams auto attack. Then turned it off, and holding R only punched once.

Alrus

It's under "mouseover options" under the camera tab.

It says mouseover options but I just tested and it applies to keyboard skills as well.

Tested by turning it on and holding R, which spams auto attack. Then turned it off, and holding R only punched once.

Thanks! Should help greatly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
220 minute queues on Poharon and Mushin. Insane. Ain't nobody got time for that.

The. Wait.

mDlW1nL.png

Copper

Man I'd love to play this game if I could even manage to download it. Does anyone know of any other methods other than the NC Launcher.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You either put down the time or the money for this game.

Afrocious

Just jumped into this thread and will go through it, but how is this game? I just now remembered thinking the previews looked cool.

Other f2p mmos you can actually play without paying

Yeah, shitty ones that no one wants to play which is why there are never any queues.

This an MMO launch. There will be queues. If your MMO launches and there are no queues, it's literally already dead.

If you don't like the queues, wait a week or two and then start playing. The game is free. You aren't losing anything by waiting.

If you insist on playing right away, well $5 for a week of Premium isn't going to break the bank. NCSOFT thanks you for your miniscule contribution to the pool of money which will support this F2P MMO past it's initial launch period.

Some MMOs even have both!
pay for lag

FFXIV springs to mind here. That's an MMO with a monthly sub plus a cash shop for cosmetics plus a monthly fee for inventory expansion. You literally pay the sub, you pay extra on top every month for more inventory, and then you also can buy costumes in the cash shop. And you're paying monthly subs for shitty servers in Montreal, Canada which are connected to most of North America along a really congested shitty Internet backbone that caused literally every raid group in the GAF guild to have at least 1 and usually multiple members suffer lag and disconnects all the time, forcing many of them to pony up for WTFast just to be able to play the game.

People whining about this completely free MMO launching with a few queues literally have no idea how good they have it. NCSOFT has not held anything back in terms of progression in BnS, unlike for example SWTOR where non-subscribers get shat on from a great height for daring to play their F2P game for free instead of paying. The BnS servers are connected to the Internet along a major backbone in Dallas, TX which is used by many other MMOs including WoW and I have not heard of any significant complaints about lag and disconnects once players fight their way through the queues, unlike many MMOs at launch.

docbon

Yo, how do I get this grave raider outfit? Just kill the first boss in Naryu Temple over and over again until it drops?

Alrus

Finally tried PvPing a bit. I think I get to stressed/pumped while fighting and I make very stupid mistakes (dodging at the wrong time, spamming skills I should keep for an opportune time etc etc). But overall I still won most of my matches, except against one assassin where I had no idea what to do, I just got absolutely rekt.

Yo, how do I get this grave raider outfit? Just kill the first boss in Naryu Temple over and over again until it drops?

If it's a regular drop it's pretty rare, farmed that boss for a while to get it and it never dropped. Eventually I just got bored (it's not an interesting fight) so I gave up.

Top Bottom