• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Chariot

TmRM3eF.png
Looking dashing!

When can i choose a faction?
In Bamboo Village, not that much in. It's a sidequest, you won't miss it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Would love to see the ratio of female to male characters in this game.

Meh, I got kicked out earlier tonight and got tired of sitting in queue after a couple of hours. Fired up Firefall to find out they just overhauled the game today. I'm having a blast.

I'll come back to this when the hype dies down or I feel desperate enough to buy premium, lol.

Kitoro

Anyone know of a site that has pics of upcoming costumes for future updates/holidays? I see the Valentine's costumes, but I'm trying to figure out if there's going to be one for Summoner Familiars (cats), as well.

Thanks!

kiryogi

Banned
I love how every guy I know playing this has a female character and every girl I know playing this has a male character.

No different from many other MMOs or online games? Something wrong with that? I started off in PSO as a female and have been playing female characters ever since.

In XIV, all female Miquote are usually male players, and the Males are female.

Finaika

No different from many other MMOs or online games? Something wrong with that? I started off in PSO as a female and have been playing female characters ever since.

In XIV, all female Miquote are usually male players, and the Males are female.

I doubt males would create female characters if the ingame models are ugly.

kiryogi

Banned
wait the game has world pvp?

i think i just killed a real player while he was killing a big enemy.

LOL, yes there's open world PVP if you flag it.

I've just been running around doing my PVP dailies and it's funny seeing lower levels try to attack me, or realizing to run away when they walk by me and unequip their faction outfit ASAP. The former met a horrible fate :D

Chariot

Is this a bug or is the start of the Silverfrost Mountain Quests just frozen because we don't have the content yet? I have to read Yuran's letter, but don't really get anything out of it and still have the quest to do so. I guess that's what "when the time is ripe" means.

Dandte

can someone Recommend me a good Forcemasters Guide? Love this Class, sometimes it feels like you A 3rd Person Shooter game haha.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
can someone Recommend me a good Forcemasters Guide? Love this Class, sometimes it feels like you A 3rd Person Shooter game haha.

Force master is life. I just hit 45 last night and I've been finding these two sources pretty sweet in aiding me understand my skill trees better:

Jaesung on youtube - he's one of the top KR players and has quite a few FM videos, just search on his channel. Mostly focused on PVP.

Leroy T on youtube - force master PVE primer - NA player from one of the top xiv guilds.

Bnsdojo - force master arena - a pretty thorough guide for everything FM related.
http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/136488-amaguide-force-masters-arena/

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
good night guys see you all tomorrow around 2pm east coast time just got done editing some videos I took from my live stream. So yeah uploading them now will send links when I wake up. Give the free users something to do while waiting in that long que

Downloaded this and played up to level 8 as Kung Fu Master (I can't help gravitating towards hand-to-hand classes). Game is really fun so far! I'm looking forward to playing more this weekend.

Chariot

What a shit, more than a doyen cereals are camping the crimson order tend in the Misty Woods and kill the vendors. Why is that even possible.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Yeah but I dont have alot at the moment, nearly every other MMO I've played has had a rest option to restore health outside of battle, thought I might have missed the option in this game.

Don't worry you get a truckload of dumplings as you level - both from mobs and from surveys. Just don't waste your keys to unlock chests at the end of dungeons - those drop dumplings and health potions.

Once you get a Life Drain gem to socket into your weapon you'll have to sit and less often.

Koriandrr

Yeah but I dont have alot at the moment, nearly every other MMO I've played has had a rest option to restore health outside of battle, thought I might have missed the option in this game.

Don't worry you get a truckload of dumplings as you level - both from mobs and from surveys. Just don't waste your keys to unlock chests at the end of dungeons - those drop dumplings and health potions.

Once you get a Life Drain gem to socket into your weapon you'll have to sit and less often.

That. By level 25 I had 200 dumplings. I actually sold most of them because I only use them that much...

Whats the general feeling on this?

Most people seem to be really enjoying it. I'm still undecided.

Visually it's gorgeous, until you compare it to games like Black Desert of course.
The combat is a lot of fun, but not quite up to TERA's level. Hit detection is mostly rubbish.
The world design is the one thing I'm holding out on. At the moment it's ridiculously linear. No sense of exploration at all, just funnelled down a series of rooms connected by corridors, all posing as outdoor environments. I'm level 16 at the moment, and if it doesn't open up to a more open world like TERA's, Black Desert's, TESO's etc soon then I'm gone. If it does open up then it will keep me going until Black Desert releases.

Psyren

Downloading issues are still preventing me from trying this bloody game. I think i'm going to give the download one last try when i wake up tomorrow morning, or possibly tonight if i have no plans.

If it's still borked as hell i think i'll just wait it out for the next few weeks.

Muddimar

Nothing stops momentum like getting disconnected and having to wait forever to get back in. Starting to turn me off from the game.

cHinzo

Most people seem to be really enjoying it. I'm still undecided.

Visually it's gorgeous, until you compare it to games like Black Desert of course.
The combat is a lot of fun, but not quite up to TERA's level. Hit detection is mostly rubbish.
The world design is the one thing I'm holding out on. At the moment it's ridiculously linear. No sense of exploration at all, just funnelled down a series of rooms connected by corridors, all posing as outdoor environments. I'm level 16 at the moment, and if it doesn't open up to a more open world like TERA's, Black Desert's, TESO's etc soon then I'm gone. If it does open up then it will keep me going until Black Desert releases.

I don't think this game is something for u if u expect a big open world game lol. It's a linear themepark MMO imo with a big focus on PVP.

Alrus

Got super lucky and managed to get all the upgrade item necessary for my hongmoon stuff in one Tomb of Exiles run. Glad I can immediately move on.

Koriandrr

It hit me yesterday, while a male half naked character ran past me that I've barely seen any male characters in the game. Should be renamed to Waifu and Soul. Or indeed Bewbs an Soul as someone mentioned previously. :D

Vex_

Banned
It hit me yesterday, while a male half naked character ran past me that I've barely seen any male characters in the game. Should be renamed to Waifu and Soul. Or indeed Bewbs an Soul as someone mentioned previously. :D

Probably because there are more guys playing this game. I don't think many gals even know you can make secksy hawt guys yet. They need to advertise that because there are some "options".

Kyne

I have a question to those that are waiting 3-5 hours in queue to play.

Premium is $5 for a week, and $10 for 30 days... why are you subjecting yourself to wait times? Time is money and waiting 1/4th of the day to play the game for probably less time.. well.. I just don't understand it.

If of course you simply don't have the $$ to shell out then you don't need to answer. I was just curious if anyone had other reasons. For a while I was in the "THIS IS A F2P GAME SO IM NOT PAYING A CENT" mindset but after waiting over an hour to play I caved and said fuck it.

Sylas

Does it have PvE servers as well?
No, but PVP is optional. You flag for it by putting on faction outfits and taking them off unflags you, so you don't have to touch PVP if you don't want to.

Whats the general feeling on this?
I thought I was sort of a fan and then I bounced off the game super hard. It's a decent spectacle game up until you have to deal with your first non-tradeable breakthrough weapon, at which point you can literally be stuck grinding the same dungeon over and over until you get lucky. Or grinding the same open-world miniboss. It's tiresome. I'm done with the game at level 30 because I'm convinced I've seen everything that's worth seeing.

Plus the PVP is... it feels slippery, I guess? It's almost like a fighting game except you can't really hit-confirm anything due to latency, so a lot of the time you have to just sorta do your combos and hope everything works out well.

I can see how people would enjoy it, but I don't think it's going to gain a ton of traction. Especially because it's f2p, so the community is going to be in constant flux.

The combat system overall feels like it was designed with someone that's really into martial arts but hasn't ever actually performed any. Your character is doing the forms/katas and the enemies just happen to be in the precise place to get hit by them. It's very elaborate to look at but it has almost no actual function to it more often than not and you're just hoping that enemies are in those right places as you do your dance.

I don't think this game is something for u if u expect a big open world game lol. It's a linear themepark MMO imo with a big focus on PVP.

Yup, I'm slowly realizing that. It's why I love the F2P model though! I can dip into games to get a really good feel for them before investing =)

I do love PVP though. Still, I'm guessing by "big focus on PVP" you still only mean 1v1 or small scale? My idea of "big focus on PVP" is siege warfare, shifting player-driven alliances, massive battles where group strategy wins the day over individual skill. It's why I keep TESO installed for my PVP fix.

Top Bottom