• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Psyren

I have a question to those that are waiting 3-5 hours in queue to play.

Premium is $5 for a week, and $10 for 30 days... why are you subjecting yourself to wait times? Time is money and waiting 1/4th of the day to play the game for probably less time.. well.. I just don't understand it.

If of course you simply don't have the $$ to shell out then you don't need to answer. I was just curious if anyone had other reasons. For a while I was in the "THIS IS A F2P GAME SO IM NOT PAYING A CENT" mindset but after waiting over an hour to play I caved and said fuck it.

Some people simply don't have $10 to burn. Simple as that...

EDIT: Also there is a principle aspect to it as well. Basically: Why the hell should i pay money to a free game to jump ahead of the line.

Kyne

Some people simply don't have $10 to burn. Simple as that...

EDIT: Also there is a principle aspect to it as well. Basically: Why the hell should i pay money to a free game to jump ahead of the line.

because waiting in line for 5 hours and then pressing escape by accident/having an outage/having your computer crash/having your cat knock your PC off the table and then having to wait another 5 hours can be soul crushing.

I just didn't understand why people would subject themselves to this.

my friend who just got the game was hit with a 1 hour queue the other night and didn't want to pay for premium.. I almost drove to his house and just handed him the $5.

Sylas

Yup, I'm slowly realizing that. It's why I love the F2P model though! I can dip into games to get a really good feel for them before investing =)

I do love PVP though. Still, I'm guessing by "big focus on PVP" you still only mean 1v1 or small scale? My idea of "big focus on PVP" is siege warfare, shifting player-driven alliances, massive battles where group strategy wins the day over individual skill. It's why I keep TESO installed for my PVP fix.

It's 1v1 and smallscale-only.

Muddimar

because waiting in line for 5 hours and then pressing escape by accident/having an outage/having your computer crash/having your cat knock your PC off the table and then having to wait another 5 hours can be soul crushing.

my friend who just got the game was hit with a 1 hour queue the other night and didn't want to pay for premium.. I almost drove to his house and just handed him the $5.

I don't get it either man. I got pissed the other night because I was disconnected and had to jump back into a premium queue with a wait of 20 mins. 2-5 hours?! Hell to the NO I would wait in that.

Premium is $5 for a week, and $10 for 30 days... why are you subjecting yourself to wait times? Time is money and waiting 1/4th of the day to play the game for probably less time.. well.. I just don't understand it.

If of course you simply don't have the $$ to shell out then you don't need to answer. I was just curious if anyone had other reasons. For a while I was in the "THIS IS A F2P GAME SO IM NOT PAYING A CENT" mindset but after waiting over an hour to play I caved and said fuck it.

you know people can do other stuffs (like playing other games) while waiting in queue right?

Muddimar

you know people can do other stuffs (like playing other games) while waiting in queue right?

True. But I have a 1.5 year old at home. When I sit down to play, I need to sit down and play, not wait 5 hours and hope I'm not busy. For me, the price for premium was worth it.

Lord Phol

My queue timers have been less than an hour, but it's not like I sit and stair at the screen until I get in. There's plenty to do meanwhile, Play a HoTs match, watch some Rick and Morty, surf them neogaf webs etc. I've also been lucky with not getting any disconnects though.

Kyne

that never occurred to me.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I guess I just don't have the time of day anymore to wait around for hours to play a game.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I'm just now coming to the realization how ridiculous the commitment actually is if I want to make keys, not just for me but also for a friend who has to supply me with a certain mat that requires a 6 hours crafting time.

I actually think that 6 hours crafting time made the system less timecore than other mmo. Instead of spending 3 hours a day cutting tree, I can just log in twice a day and get as much crafting done as someone that's playing 12 hours a day.

I do hate the 40min crafting tho, it is like the game screaming "don't ever leave your desk!"

Koriandrr

Probably because there are more guys playing this game. I don't think many gals even know you can make secksy hawt guys yet. They need to advertise that because there are some "options".

Yep, I saw the half naked dude and kind of... stared for a bit. I was like.. HM WE NEED MORE OF THIS. :D

Too bad I don't really play male characters. Doesn't feel right, destroys my... IMMERSION lol.

I couldn't make a character yesterday for EU GAF, will try again later today but since everyone was posting screenshots of their characters, here's my current KFM:

HZlELRz.jpg

Hubb

Is this a bug or is the start of the Silverfrost Mountain Quests just frozen because we don't have the content yet? I have to read Yuran's letter, but don't really get anything out of it and still have the quest to do so. I guess that's what "when the time is ripe" means.

When the time is ripe = when they patch in the content

What a shit, more than a doyen cereals are camping the crimson order tend in the Misty Woods and kill the vendors. Why is that even possible.

For those sweet sweet insignia's.

anyone getting constant crashes today? yesterday i was ok for the most part. today its been bad. real bad. i have no anti-virus flagging the app. i walk slowly up to new zones. i just dont get it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Got super lucky and managed to get all the upgrade item necessary for my hongmoon stuff in one Tomb of Exiles run. Glad I can immediately move on.

Nice!

==========================================

We're still full at the moment, but with more members getting close to level cap we should be getting an increase in funds to quicken the progression of the guild.

I have this weird bug with the installer that it won't open the actual launcher itself. It either goes to the directory, or if I go to the directory myself and try to open the client from there, it tells me to "start the game through the launcher".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Any idea what this could be?

Maybe I'm just a crotchety old man but the thought that one's need for instant gratification is so strong that they're willing to plop down hard earned money just to cut line, for this game, is what's semi-baffling to me.

That said, I haven't even bothered trying to do anything but create a character so I don't yt know the pain of the queue.

Tiops

I created a character on Mushin yesterday but simply could not wait 2 hours in line. Created another on one of the new NA servers and started playing. I'll go to Mushin when the queues are better.

Vex_

Banned
I couldn't make a character yesterday for EU GAF, will try again later today but since everyone was posting screenshots of their characters, here's my current KFM:

HZlELRz.jpg

sugoi desu. kyoot as well.

here's my second char. also a KFM. Maybe we can be friends.... and stuff. EDIT. NOPE we cant be friends. Youre EU gaf. haha My ign: is Olli Yuu btw.

Vex_

Banned
I thought people were hunting you?

they are. Or were I should say. As far as I know now, they have all been dealt with.

Good riddance

I can't get into any of the characters/story myself, but only that character made me seethe with hate.

wait! You guys dont like that character? I think it's cute kinda. I admit that stuff is hilarious "CRIKKKEEEET CRICKKKKEET"

Is there any site that has up to date listing of everything.

Like soul shields, jewelry, etc?

2/3 of my class jewelry doesn't have crit I don't want to waste charms trying to id stuff.

Sorian

Banned
Is there any site that has up to date listing of everything.

Like soul shields, jewelry, etc?

2/3 of my class jewelry doesn't have crit I don't want to waste charms trying to id stuff.

The only jewelry you should be using is the hongmoon stuff and it's upgraded forms. Everything else is there to be used as upgrade garbage.

Ferrio

Banned
So does the game not allow you to bind mouse buttons past 2? I want to bind my side buttons and middle click. What an odd thing in an MMO not to have.

Brokun

So does the game not allow you to bind mouse buttons past 2? I want to bind my side buttons and middle click. What an odd thing in an MMO not to have.

I believe I read that you have to use 3rd party software to bind the side mouse buttons, like what Razer offers with their mice.

Hubb

I believe I read that you have to use 3rd party software to bind the side mouse buttons, like what Razer offers with their mice.

You're right, the game doesn't recognize "mouse button 4" so I have to use my Logitech software to assign it something "Shift + 1" as an example and then the game gets it.

Cidd

After reaching level 30 I think I can safely say Force Master class is rather boring, I'm thinking of trying another Class.

Sakura

I typically just join the queue and then go do other stuff. Browse Gaf, play other games, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's difficult soloing these Cinderlands mini-dungeons as Sin. There's just too many adds for me to take and I don't want to sit around spamming "LFG".

EDIT: Oh I found it in the party finder. Thank god.

tariniel

When is a good time to start trying PvP as a Destroyer? I'm only level 11 or something but I'd like to go in when I have enough skills to have a good time.

Chariot

It's difficult soloing these Cinderlands mini-dungeons as Sin. There's just too many adds for me to take and I don't want to sit around spamming "LFG".

EDIT: Oh I found it in the party finder. Thank god.
As Sin you're supposed to be invisible all the time.

Siphorus

How important is it to join a guild in this game? I just started playing today (currently level 5), but I heard hitting 50 can be done quite quickly. (Personally, I dont care for the story all that much so I'm skipping through).

Top Bottom