• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I find that as a Male Lyn Blade Dancer, every time I queue up for a dungeon, I'm surrounded by boobs or female Lyns.

I'm okay with this. \o/

Chariot

I see. I'll have to change my approach to soloing I guess.
It took me some time to figure out the many ways of stay or going invisible.

• (tab)/(1) or (1) from behind is the obvious way, but there are other ways. You can also use (V) instead of (tab) if you have a good eye for the battlefield.
  • (2) too, needs no explanation.
  • (Q) moves you behind the enemy and makes you invisible if you time it right (on resist).
  • (tab) during knock down is nice. I would put points into "Stealth" to give you the ability to escape from everything.
  • (tab) on poisoned enemies, Hook Kick, is amazing. Just poison your enemy with anything and kick them instantly to get into stealth.
  • (1) during stealth is cyclone sweep, but you can upgrade it into Shadow Drain. If you hit an poisoned enemy with this, you extend stealth for 6 seconds.
  • (3) is Swiftstep during stealth. You attack the enemy with four hits and if you finish those four this you go into stealth again for 6 seconds. (neeeds to be upgraded)

If you got good timing you can use Shadow Drain, Swiftstep, Shadowdrain to stay in stealth for a whooping 24 seconds, only to have a bunch of skills ready to get from visible into stealth again. During stealth just use Heartstab (RMB) and (F). Heartstab casts instantly with upgrade and cancelles (F)'s animation. Give you quickly hard damage. If upgraded it also not only uses less focus, it restores some.

You just rip everything apart while hardly taking any damage.

Pellaidh

Neo Member
Is anybody else on EU experiencing insane lag spikes (like, not being able to attack for 10 seconds straight) or is that on my end. Game worked just fine yesterday for me though.

Hubb

Now that more and more people are hitting cap target tagging is becoming more and more a problem. People who will refuse group invites, but follow you around to grab the item while you kill the minion guarding it. I haven't made a shit list since WoW, but I think I might just have to start one up in this game. Doesn't help that some of these daily areas are so small and the cap for new channels seems to high.

/mini rant done

Sorian

Banned
Now that more and more people are hitting cap target tagging is becoming more and more a problem. People who will refuse group invites, but follow you around to grab the item while you kill the minion guarding it. I haven't made a shit list since WoW, but I think I might just have to start one up in this game. Doesn't help that some of these daily areas are so small and the cap for new channels seems to high.

/mini rant done

Biggest downfall of this game, I know this is an old game but I never thought I'd be playing an MMO in 2016 where I had to worry about tagging monsters faster than other people.

Biggest downfall of this game, I know this is an old game but I never thought I'd be playing an MMO in 2016 where I had to worry about tagging monsters faster than other people.

The other method, where you have to try and do the most damage before it dies to get credit, is actually worse. At least in this game you can see it's not "yours" and move on without wasting your time.

Fortunately boss mobs will give you credit if you at least whack it a few times before it dies. They thought that through unlike for example FFXIV and hunts.

Sorian

Banned
The other method, where you have to try and do the most damage before it dies to get credit, is actually worse. At least in this game you can see it's not "yours" and move on without wasting your time.

Fortunately boss mobs will give you credit if you at least whack it a few times before it dies. They thought that through unlike for example FFXIV and hunts.

Would take the other system any day of the week for smaller mobs. The way they handle bosses is better than FFXIV though, lower threshold of activity to get credit is the way to go.

Hubb

You can avoid a lot of that nonsense by just going to a less busy channel.

/mini rant done

Someone had said you need to do 1% of the total damage to the boss, not sure how correct that is. I really only ran into this problem once or twice.

Paprikka

For any FMs out there, could you explain Antigravity? Because I feel like I have to be missing something essential about it. I've been using it whenever I can, and it just simply does nothing but go on cooldown. I think I have been able to break out of a phantom grip with it, but anything else just has it go on cooldown then I'm stuck just poking whoever's grabbing me with 1 until they let me go.

sugoi desu. kyoot as well.

here's my second char. also a KFM. Maybe we can be friends.... and stuff. EDIT. NOPE we cant be friends. Youre EU gaf. haha My ign: is Olli Yuu btw.

Why thank you, your character looks nice aswell :) And yeah sadly I'm on EU but I plan to eventually roll on NA too with a Summoner where ping doesn't matter as much :p

GrandHusk

I made an assassin in old man cho
tbQfCaE.png
they are fun but I'll keep the FM as my main

Someone really needs to take charge and create the overflow guild on Mushin because realistically we're really not going to be leveling the main guild enough to fit everyone in it anytime soon.

We can use the Discord to find groups between main and overflow guilds since it has text chat and voice chat.

Ferrio

Banned
So rank points let you buy cosmetic stuff? Is there any downside to spending rank points? Some reason I thought there were bonuses for having a high #.

Sölf

So, except for farming Blackram Narrows for the requiered Breakthrough stuff for my Hongmoon items I am now finally finished with the first zone. Only took me like, what, 15-20 hours or something. xD

Copper

So I'm downloading right now and I have a few questions.

If I buy a premium pack will I be good to go for the login?
What is the best value for premium to get?

Sölf

So I'm downloading right now and I have a few questions.

If I buy a premium pack will I be good to go for the login?
What is the best value for premium to get?

There is a 7 day premium pack for 5$. I would say, use that and take a look if you actually do like the game. In europe, in the early morning hours there are no queues, later on there are some. Even with premium you may have to wait 15-30 minutes during peak hours, but without you would probably wait several hours. I waited 4 hours, twice. Then I said fuck it and bought the 7 day pack. xD

Copper

Sölf;193001184 said:
There is a 7 day premium pack for 5$. I would say, use that and take a look if you actually do like the game. In europe, in the early morning hours there are no queues, later on there are some. Even with premium you may have to wait 15-30 minutes during peak hours, but without you would probably wait several hours. I waited 4 hours, twice. Then I said fuck it and bought the 7 day pack. xD

I've hard they might be upgrading servers anyways so I'll probably just get the 7 day pack to see how I like it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I need to get the Dragon Bone Inscription from the Deva wheel to fulfill a class quest? Hahaha, fuck off korean games.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Blade Master seems kinda cool so far. Parrying is neat. Not quite as cool as the Assassin slip-behind-the-enemy counter, but still cool.

Any impressions from Force Masters or Kung Fu Masters?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Try again. It should be possible.

Tried many times and it didn't work, so I relogged. I thought I'd still be in a grace period for a reconnect but I'm back in queue.
sad.gif

Chariot

Tried many times and it didn't work, so I relogged. I thought I'd still be in a grace period for a reconnect but I'm back in queue.
sad.gif
There is no grace, no mercy, no pardon, only queue. Maybe try to ask someone from the clan to look for it.

Ferrio

Banned
So is the hongmoon store this barren in korea? Seems to be a very small amount of cosmetic items for a game that's pushing microtransactions.

cHinzo

Blade Master seems kinda cool so far. Parrying is neat. Not quite as cool as the Assassin slip-behind-the-enemy counter, but still cool.

Dnno if u got the skill yet, but ur Q or E skill puts u behind the enemy as well. I'm liking BM myself a lot. Blocking and dodging attacks are just my thing. :D

So, yesterday was my first day of class for the spring semester. I have a friend in one of my classes who I haven't heard from in a couple months, which was making me worry.

Finally got into contact with him today, and it turns out he's been playing BnS too, and he somehow picked the same server me and my leveling partner did (Old Man Cho). So he joined our clan, blah blah blah.

Twenty minutes later, I get a FUCK TON of in-game pop-ups, and so does my leveling partner.

This dude just bought us both a month of Premium. Holy shit.

So, yesterday was my first day of class for the spring semester. I have a friend in one of my classes who I haven't heard from in a couple months, which was making me worry.

Finally got into contact with him today, and it turns out he's been playing BnS too, and he somehow picked the same server me and my leveling partner did (Old Man Cho). So he joined our clan, blah blah blah.

Twenty minutes later, I get a FUCK TON of in-game pop-ups, and so does my leveling partner.

This dude just bought us both a month of Premium. Holy shit.

Congrats on having a stalker

Bookoo

Sölf;193008066 said:
You can buy them on the homepage.

Where exactly is that? Everything on the website says through the in-game store and then only things in the store on the website are the student and duelist bundle.

Ferrio

Banned
Where exactly is that? Everything on the website says through the in-game store and then only things in the store on the website are the student and duelist bundle.

Can you not boot up into the game? You can access the store on the character select screen, bottom right I think?

Top Bottom