• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle announced (Blazblue X Persona X Undernight Inbirth X RWBY)

People always have to be overly insulting about things they can just ignore. If one hates RWBY so much), ignore the inclusion of it.

RWBY is rooster teeth's first actual 'series' that they have attempted beyond a parody internet machinima of a few minutes in length, done by obvious amateur writers and producers who have not done much beyond low budget low tier works, Monty himself an unprofessional self taught animator who managed to get a few jobs because of his talent.

For those huge caveats and handicaps, what they have attempted and tried to move along with a passionate crew and fanbase is something to be admired, and i don't think hating on it because its not an actual anime or its a low budget series with YMMV appeal or whatever other silly reasons really makes much sense. Especially with the kind of responses i have been seeing.

Who cares if its not an anime? Who cares if its low budget? Who cares if it appeal is not for everybody?

I mean, it's in the game now. If people want to play this game, with 3 series they love, they also have to interact with this property they don't like.

I don't personally care - if this was a standalone RWBY game by arcsys, I'd still be buying it day 1 - but it's a completely understandable reaction and theres nothing wrong with voicing that in a civil manner. You can't "just ignore it" in a fighting game where the other guys character matters just as much as yours.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I mean, it's in the game now. If people want to play this game, with 3 series they love, they also have to interact with this property they don't like.

I don't personally care - if this was a standalone RWBY game by arcsys, I'd still be buying it day 1 - but it's a completely understandable reaction and theres nothing wrong with voicing that in a civil manner. You can't "just ignore it" in a fighting game where the other guys character matters just as much as yours.

Then don't buy the game if the inclusion of one single series they don't like is so offensive that they have to voice their active displeasure to anyone who can hear

Again, its annoying because in the first place i don't really understand how RWBY as a series can be something someone actively hates in the first place for a low budget 3D machinima series. What is there to hate about it?

DVCY201

I don't think everyone buying this game is going to look up hitbox data for ever single character. So yes, like every fighting game in existence, you can ignore other characters. Unless you're going pro.

LordKasual

Banned
Lost my shit when i saw Hyde

Friends lost their shit when they saw Persona

Everyone "???"'d and then went ham when we saw RWBY

This is really smart actually. Fighters are quite saturated at the moment. It's way smarter to just release P4 and BB as a crossover instead of trying to manage 2 releases

Hype as fuck to see this crossover to this caliber, I've never cared too much about rbwy itself (need to give it another chance) but I love the character designs and the potential for fighting game characters. Plus the music is radical.

shaowebb

Welp...guess Ill watch RWBY now. Holy shit 4 series in a crossover tag battle? This is nuts. So now ASW has a 2v2 tag fighter and a 3v3 assist tag fighter?

Its gonna be crazy.

Mik317

By not playing as said character

The characters you play against need to be something you enjoy as well now? That is some petty shit

welcome to fighting game threads.

"if even ONE character I hate is in said game, then imma be mad" is a real ass sentiment often posted during pre-release of any fighting game. I wonder if the folks who boycotted Tekken 7 due to Lucky Chloe actually did so.

Soulstar

welcome to fighting game threads.

"if even ONE character I hate is in said game, then imma be mad" is a real ass sentiment often posted during pre-release of any fighting game. I wonder if the folks who boycotted Tekken 7 due to Lucky Chloe actually did so.

Man if I followed this mindset I would've never played Street Fighter 2 because seriously.

Blanka.

Fuck that guy.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Not play that character.

By not playing as said character

Use your head, I believe in you
I don't mind the inclusion at all. I don't follow RWBY, so I'm pretty neutral about it all.

The notion that you can ignore a character that exists in a fighting game is absolutely ridiculous. It's the insane conclusion to the "if you don't like x feature, just pretend it doesn't exist" claim.

The characters you play against need to be something you enjoy as well now? That is some petty shit
Suppose there was a character in a fighting game that just did something very offputting. Maybe they're incredibly racist/sexist. Maybe they just make the most obnoxious noises during play. You don't think people that want to enjoy the game will care about playing against said character? Not saying that that's what's happening, but it's absolutely normal to care about characters you have to play against. But thanks for proactively starting the insults.

PK Gaming

DE49cREVwAAiFqx.jpg

lol

Suppose there was a character in a fighting game that just did something very offputting. Maybe they're incredibly racist/sexist. Maybe they just make the most obnoxious noises during play. You don't think people that want to enjoy the game will care about playing against said character? Not saying that that's what's happening, but it's absolutely normal to care about characters you have to play against. But thanks for proactively starting the insults.

I mean, if you have to resort to over the top hypotheticals to support your argument, that might say something about your argument.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I mean, if you have to resort to over the top hypotheticals to support your argument, that might say something about your argument.
I have to because certain individuals seem to be unable to comprehend why it is normal to be upset that characters you don't like are in a fighting game. Like the one poster who's basically telling people to stop being petty and ignore 1/4 of the whole cast. What?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have to because certain individuals seem to be unable to comprehend why it is normal to be upset that characters you don't like are in a fighting game. Like the one poster who's basically telling people to stop being petty and ignore 1/4 of the whole cast. What?

To be fair most people ignore 90% of a fighting game cast ;)

This. And why not voice displeasure? Isn't that what threads are for? I feel like announcement threads are the best place to voice any sort of displeasure, so you don't impact discussion in later threads.

It's not about hitboxes, framedata and stuff...It's a fighting game. Your opponent is always going to be half the game.

A.J.

Banned
Its amazing how Ruby went from a little passion project to full blown anime franchise...

You can even see the budget going higher little by little each season lol

e83e99edba8e0a6314a0f0be87a9f7ff--ruby-rose-season-.jpg

Volume 3 to 4 was less the budget increasing and more the switch to Maya.

jbug617

Banned
you guys think an arcade release first than console? If they are aiming to be an EVO game it has to be a Spring release.

HardRojo

The only good thing about that show was the main girls friend.

Couldn't get past episode 2. That whatever unnecessary armor (or lack thereof) the protagonist wore told me that was a show I didn't need to watch.
That trash is gonna get this game more sale then Urel ever could. In the west rwby has more pull then BB to actually. Fucking lol
Good, make a fighting game out of it then, I will not touch it.

DVCY201

lmao true

If you agree with him about ignoring 90% of the fighting game cast, then you just kinda proved that you can ignore characters. So, yay. You also don't know if RWBY is 25%. It's got a much smaller range of characters than Blazblue and Persona I'm sure.

So... how they are going to approach the roster?

"Let's pick a few for franchise" or "ALL OF THE SPRITES!!!"?

I think we get 8-10 BB characters, 7-10 Persona 4 characters, 8-9 UNIEL characters, and Team RWBY(four characters).

I'd like to think that we'll get a giant 30+ character roster, but I think 20-28 might be more realistic.

Kyuur

Yu is lame. Give me Akira pls.

I think we get 8-10 BB characters, 7-10 Persona 4 characters, 8-9 UNIEL characters, and Team RWBY(four characters).

I'd like to think that we'll get a giant 30+ character roster, but I think 20-28 might be more realistic.

I would add team JNPR to the RWBY roster to bring it in line with the other properties.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
If you agree with him about ignoring 90% of the fighting game cast, then you just kinda proved that you can ignore characters. So, yay. You also don't know if RWBY is 25%. It's got a much smaller range of characters than Blazblue and Persona I'm sure.
.... it was a joke.

Menitta

The roster is my main concern. Having a 4-way crossover is a good way to have the least interesting characters be in the game. It's the one thing Capcom Fighting Jam (or whatever it was called) managed to avoid. I'm looking at this game and, while I am gonna buy it, I'm really worried it's gonna be the jack of all trades and masters of none when it comes to the roster.

Top Bottom