• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle announced (Blazblue X Persona X Undernight Inbirth X RWBY)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They didn't. Some are speculating that this will be PS4/Switch, since the old Switch partners announcement had the BBCF logo. Mori gave an interview to Redbull before Tag Battle was announced and was mum about which BB Switch would get.

I hope that P4A being part of this doesn't compromise a PC port.

I suppose you're referring to this interview, correct me if I'm wrong

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/evo-2017-blazblue-developer-interview

Sharp-eyed fans may have noticed a certain BlazBlue logo popping up in the list for upcoming titles on Nintendo Switch that was shown off earlier in the year at one of the new platform's showcase events. When prodded for an update on this inclusion, Mori couldn't say much. "As far as announcements go, I unfortunately can't say much today," says Mori, "but what I will say is that with the introduction of fun competitive games like Arms, I do believe fighting games can definitely find a home on the Switch. Stay tuned!"

Wamb0wneD

Its coming, I'm sure. Remember that Atlus registered a number of domains some months back. To be fair, some were obviously them just securing the domains (since they didn't get persona6 and persona7 as I recall), but it also hinted toward their plans, and p5u was one of them as I recall.

edit: Saw this on twitter:

DE4vzvvXoAASiV6.jpg:large

I really hope so. Also LOL. That's a good one.

Shin

Banned
EVERYTHING WAS VERSUS

Lol yes, but it's great!
Cross overs everywhere, it's really nice to see Japanese devs taking this approach.
All we need now is a Arc Sys Works Samurai Shodown x Soul Calibur game in GGxRD style!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Rooster Teeth, I imagine.

Depending on who from UNIEL is in, you may also have Type-Moon since one of their characters is a guest character in that.

Its not technically the melty character, just an expy of her, so its technically not copyright

Strimei

Its not technically the melty character, just an expy of her, so its technically not copyright

She has one of Sion's names though, doesn't she? Not her first name obviously but they're both Eltnam. That strikes me as more than just an expy and more just her.

I don't think she'd appear in this though, in any event.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This game is going to be absolutely insane on the gameplay side of things from the little things Ive noticed in the trailer

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Why they gotta add RWBY :(

Why not? In case you guys haven't been paying attention it's quite popular in Japan (not to mention the States). How you guys can so casually shit on a deceased person's hard work and passion is beyond me.

Dantis

Why not? In case you guys haven't been paying attention it's quite popular in Japan (not to mention the States). How you guys can so casually shit on a deceased person's hard work and passion is beyond me.
Monty's passing does not make RWBY immune to criticism, lol.

I'd say using a dead man as a shield is even more gross but whatever.

I shit on it before he died and I'm not gonna suddenly think it's good cause he's dead. I respect the guys effort and I appreciate people like his work but I don't think I'll ever be a RWBY fan.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

There's criticism and then there's being an asshole. Let's not get cute here.

I'm cool with people not liking the show, to each their own. But to complain childishly and be like "ohhh god why?!", nah, fuck outta here with that noise.

Prayer circle so that the RWBY cast get their JP voices. Might as well go full weeb and have American made characters talk Japanese.

First Kingdom Hearts 3 with that rad as fuck Toy Story world and now BlazBlue has this. Normally I would dismiss Blazblue but holy shit this looks rad.

Gimme best girls Mitsuru and Rise.

So.... has there beens any info realised on what platforms this is coming out on? I assume Ps4 and Xbox one are expected, with maybe a switch/pc versions as well.

I haven't seen any post gs about it and the actual trailer doesn't mention a platform at all either.

DVCY201

Instead of complaining, can't y'all just ignore that side of the character select screen? Some people here are acting like the inclusion of RWBY actively brings down the game. You got THREE other series to pick from lol

Dantis

There's criticism and then there's being an asshole. Let's not get cute here.

I'm cool with people not liking the show, to each their own. But to complain childishly and be like "ohhh god why?!", nah, fuck outta here with that noise.
Again, Monty's passing shouldn't be a part of the conversation here. He's not knocking Monty.

Oh god why is definitely not an inapporpriate thing to say.

WarRock

To people asking why RWBY:

Mori (and I think Daisuke too?) said in interview he would love to work on a RWBY game. RWBY is popular as fuck in Japan and is getting on TV there. It's also really popular in the US and is on Netflix.

ASW as whole is trying to sell their fighting games more in the West.

Is it that hard to understand?

Instead of complaining, can't y'all just ignore that side of the character select screen? Some people here are acting like the inclusion of RWBY actively brings down the game. You got THREE other series to pick from lol

Going by the main evo topic, apparently they can't ignore anything.

Fj0823

Its amazing how Ruby went from a little passion project to full blown anime franchise...

You can even see the budget going higher little by little each season lol

e83e99edba8e0a6314a0f0be87a9f7ff--ruby-rose-season-.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

People always have to be overly insulting about things they can just ignore. If one hates RWBY so much), ignore the inclusion of it.

RWBY is rooster teeth's first actual 'series' that they have attempted beyond a parody internet machinima of a few minutes in length, done by obvious amateur writers and producers who have not done much beyond low budget low tier works, Monty himself an unprofessional self taught animator who managed to get a few jobs because of his talent.

For those huge caveats and handicaps, what they have attempted and tried to move along with a passionate crew and fanbase is something to be admired, and i don't think hating on it because its not an actual anime or its a low budget series with YMMV appeal or whatever other silly reasons really makes much sense. Especially with the kind of responses i have been seeing.

Who cares if its not an anime? Who cares if its low budget? Who cares if it appeal is not for everybody?

Top Bottom