• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

The quincy god's name is Ywhach or YHWH depending on how you want to go about it.

Royd and Lloyd were twin quincies who could copy other people's powers/appearance.
Neither royd nor lloyd killed Yamamoto. Lloyd was killed by Kenpachi in the earlier part of the invasion. Royd took on Yamamoto disguised as Ywhach while the real Ywhach conversed with Aizen. After Royd was killed, the real Ywhach stole Yamamoto's bankai using the quincy medallion then killed Yamamoto.
Oh. Yeah, I definitely interpreted that section all wrong, then. I just remember Lloyd and Royd because of how stupid it is.

But this is actually even worse because, had it been my version of events, we could at least say that Yamamoto is strong enough to take on YHWH (he cuts right through "YHWH's" blut, but this is no longer impressive, if it's just Royd), even though he gets killed by his own power.

kyser73

I've only watched the Anime. Please don't hate me.

How much have I missed since Ichigo walked off into the sunset, happy about something-or-other? Would it be worth tracking down the manga?

To place this in context - I pretty much hated any of the non-Aizen related stuff once The Rescue was done (i.e. The Bount, the one about the Zanpukto rebelling and whatnot).

Also - can someone explain HTF the Captain-Commander stays in power, beyond the fact Ryūjin Jakka could pwn the other 12 captains? He makes worse command decisions than pretty much any character I've seen, including the Star Wars Gunnery captain during the boarding of the Tantive IV and whoever wrote the command protocols for both Star Trek and Babylon 5.

ahahaha i thought i was the only one who went, "wth?" reading the chapter. seriously, it was so repetitive and predictable. at least dragonball had charm.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yes. Yamamoto died because he killed who he thought was the Quincy god, Lloyd, but it turned out to be his twin brother, Royd. No, I'm not fucking kidding. Royd killed Yamamoto with his own bankai.

You are confused. Read mugurumakensei's post. The real Yhwach killed Genryusai.

[Edit] Whups missed this last page, carry on.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I keep up with the manga and I didn't even know about the Royd Lloyd thing. lol Royd Lloyd and Loyd (Hanz and Franz) Lloyd are twin brother Stenritters. One acted as Yhwach's double and failed to kill Yamamoto.

Well he was never meant to actually kill YamaJi, his whole purpose was to keep him occupied while Yhwach spoke to Aizen.
Its just because, of Aizens super hacking the Yhwach was late to return and the double was already down.

Had Aizen not be so tricky or had jugo manned up and told Yhwach they had been down there too long the double would most likely still be alive....well right up untill the Auswhalen.

Im guessing the current fight will keep going right up until ichigo arrives.
All this random new technique -> Fail -> New technique -> Fail nonesense does get old fast.

And honestly at this point i dont even see how Ichigo can win, if Ichibei is as much of beast as we are meant to believe and even he is having "trouble" ending Yhwach, what hope does ichigo honestly have.

Was the training good enough to put him in Royal Guard level...considering the RGs are stronger than all of SS combined.

And honestly at this point i dont even see how Ichigo can win, if Ichibei is as much of beast as we are meant to believe and even he is having "trouble" ending Yhwach, what hope does ichigo honestly have.

Was the training good enough to put him in Royal Guard level...considering the RGs are stronger than all of SS combined.

ichigo has the advantage of hollow, shinigami, and quincy powers all in one. we also dont know how powerful that makes him now since he was trying to fight the girl squad without killing them. my guess is hes probably beyond the level he was fighting aizen at but that doesnt really act as comparison since yhwach has been absorbing quincy and shinigami power from the beginning of this arc as shinigami and quincy alike died. then there was the auschwalen as well. id say ichigos not too far off though. after beating jugram, hell probably be ready.

IHaveIce

Banned
Really?

A: Take this!
B: Oh no. Oh nevermind, I am actually immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
A: I knew that, now I am getting serious. And I am also immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
B: Oh no, such a surprise, but I am also actually immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
A: Oh no, but apparently I am immune to that too. But I didn't try to kill you anyways until now. Time to get serious. Take this!
B: Oh no~~
That is pretty much the whole series so far.

ReiGun

Yo, I don't give a flying fuck about any of these characters. Kubo really thinks people are here for these barely developed character models he made. Get to Ichigo already.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
ichigo has the advantage of hollow, shinigami, and quincy powers all in one. we also dont know how powerful that makes him now since he was trying to fight the girl squad without killing them. my guess is hes probably beyond the level he was fighting aizen at but that doesnt really act as comparison since yhwach has been absorbing quincy and shinigami power from the beginning of this arc as shinigami and quincy alike died. then there was the auschwalen as well. id say ichigos not too far off though. after beating jugram, hell probably be ready.

Totally forgot about Jugo.
Ichigo has to go through him....did Jugo also get some of the Aushwalen power that Yhwach gave to the elite guards.
Jugo hasnt really shown off anything but we have to assume he is also beast mode......add extra power and he should be royal guard level atleast.

Jarnet87

608 is out,
and it's more of the monk vs Bach fight. It's been cool but we all know Bach will win somehow so it's time to wrap this up so we can move on

Lum1n3s

So, Bleach and I have a nice history together from the classic part of the series which is the end of the soul society arc. Where it turns out Aizen is a badass and ascends into the heavens with Gin and Tousen. I stopped there because of the filler arc afterwards and never got back into it. Is it worth going past that part though? I keep on hearing mixed things like Ichigo is everything lol. What are y'alls opinions?

Joni

It is time for Bach to lose. He has lost his cool and our strongest shinigami seems way too strong to realistically lose.

It is also very unlikely for Tite to keep the same villain for the entire Arc. He didn't reveal other bosses until later, like the guy in the Fullbring Arc and Aizen.

There seems something more to the Soul King, Aizen is missing in action, the Royal Guard all seem quite dangerous and Bach has shown so much while his two lackeys haven't done anything.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It is time for Bach to lose. He has lost his cool and our strongest shinigami seems way too strong to realistically lose.

It is also very unlikely for Tite to keep the same villain for the entire Arc. He didn't reveal other bosses until later, like the guy in the Fullbring Arc and Aizen.

There seems something more to the Soul King, Aizen is missing in action, the Royal Guard all seem quite dangerous and Bach has shown so much while his two lackeys haven't done anything.

Yeah, I feel like he's having too much trouble in this fight to be the real final villain now. He's no longer mysterious, even if he wins the fight, what's gonna be his next fight, the same crap? He's showing all his cards here, and the monk hasn't even used his bankai.

We're gonna have a shakeup to the status quo I reckon.

Dude seems insanely powerful but I don't even try to understand it. I'm just here until it ends because i've been here for so long already.

Dude this guy is fucking broken as hell. Aizen would have been stomped hard if he dared enter the Royal Realm. Gin and Tousen wouldn't have lasted a minute against the Royal Guard.

Well, Bach still got an ace in his sleeve.

Zanka no Tachi

Won't do shit when Osho can just null it.

Radec

Dude this guy is fucking broken as hell. Aizen would have been stomped hard if he dared enter the Royal Realm. Gin and Tousen wouldn't have lasted a minute against the Royal Guard.

I wonder if they are immune to Kyōka Suigetsu if Aizen was able to use it agains't them.

Cause that shit is broken.

Really liked the art in this chapter especially the first page, looked really nice.

Also hoping that we might get some back story on Ichibei at some point as he seems quite interesting and I want to know more about him and how he knows Bach.

Astral

So his Zanpakuto is designed specifically to combat Shinigami and the like. Seems kinda weird. No one in their right mind would think of betraying the Soul Society if they knew of this guy's power.

Brickhunt

I may have to point out that Ichibei is resorting to Shikai, although he still has a Bankai left. Meanwhile, Bach still has to:
- Use Yamamoto's Bankai
- His own lettered ability
- Vollstandig form

Not to mention that, if he truly gets back everything he gives, the other SR's letter abilities may be available to him too. The way I see, Ichibei is slowly showing everything he got while Bach has been able to resist the things being throw at him. He is struggling, but he has been able to resist.

Remember the last "Bach" fight. Yamamoto dominated the entire fight until it was revealed he wasn't even fighting the real Bach. So I wouldn't jump at the RG and Soul King's final villain bandwagon yet.

Hystzen

This is how broken and OP the royal guard should be they are meant be the elites guarding the soul king. That sexy number page hmm mph not seen some sexy Kubo art for while been plain for him past few months

nynt9

I wonder if we'll ever see an end to the "I have defeated you!" "No I have defeated you!" "Alas, I tricked you, because I have defeated you!" ad nauseam?

There is no more tension to the fights :(

As much as I'd love Ichimonji to win this fight, it's apparent Yhwach will just absorb and use all soul particles or some BS to get an easy-looking win.

Please surprise me Kubo.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if we'll ever see an end to the "I have defeated you!" "No I have defeated you!" "Alas, I tricked you, because I have defeated you!" ad nauseam?

There is no more tension to the fights :(

You won't get rid of that in a shonen manga.

Yhwach can't be the final villain. He is looking less threatening with each passing chapter, and the asspull that Kubo needs to do in order for Yhwach to beat Ichibei seems ridiculous at this point.

Change the status quo Kubo and let Yhwach die.

sorry i'm not so confident like some of you guys about this being such a one sided fight.

i can feel the asspull coming. an asspull with a white background.

which is a shame too becuase he's certainly one of the more unique power sets and character creations in a while.

Mesoian

sorry i'm not so confident like some of you guys about this being such a one sided fight.

i can feel the asspull coming. an asspull with a white background.

It is. I bet it actually brings the name of the manga into play.

Honestly, the best thing that could possibly happen is for Yawtch to get killed, Ishida to take full control of the Quincy and we can have our final Ichigo vs. Ishida match.

But that won't happen. Because i'd be smart.

Just came to say this OT title is absolutely perfect coming from someone who gave up on Bleach a while ago (about the time Aizen's arc). I don't know, with Naruto being done after such a long run, I would feel better about some of these reeeeally long mangas wrapping up sooner rather than later.

Hystzen

It is. I bet it actually brings the name of the manga into play.

Honestly, the best thing that could possibly happen is for Yawtch to get killed, Ishida to take full control of the Quincy and we can have our final Ichigo vs. Ishida match.

But that won't happen. Because i'd be smart.

End being uryu vs Ichigo be more one sided then Naruto vs sasuke end and to similar

Jarnet87

Uryu vs Ichigo being the last battle would be such a let down. we got past Uryu being a Quincy and Ichigo a Shinigami at the very beginning lol. I thought Ishida joining Bach and the Quincy army was stupid to begin with.

I'd quite like it if Ywhach were killed by Ichibei. If Kubo needed a twist, it would be actually doing what he's leading us to believe is happening =p if, for plot purposes, Ichibei needed to go, then using Haschwalth (?) or Uryu to do it would seem the least asspull-y thing to do

Hystzen

Uryu vs Ichigo being the last battle would be such a let down. we got past Uryu being a Quincy and Ichigo a Shinigami at the very beginning lol. I thought Ishida joining Bach and the Quincy army was stupid to begin with.

Uryu only doing it to get revenge for his mother not like Kubo turned guy evil. Unfortunately for Uryu Bach expected it and set him up

But we all should know by now that Yhwach is not going to die. He's about to get serious me thinks. Remember when we all thought Aizen was done for? Yhwach is the final villain and as such is going to pull out some broken hax.

Not until we know his reasons. After all Bach was directly responsible for his mother´s death. Uryuu and Ichigo will not be the final fight. Urahara, Aizen or the Soul King might be the final villain.

Joni

Saw the Mangastream version and damn does that look awesome. Ichibei looks so dangerous.

But we all should know by now that Yhwach is not going to die. He's about to get serious me thinks. Remember when we all thought Aizen was done for? Yhwach is the final villain and as such is going to pull out some broken hax.
Remember when they hyped up Gin as the big villain? Aizen was never pushed back this hard, he never looked surprised. Yhwach is acting like he is losing. He should have many trump cards left, so he should know how much power he has left.

I may have to point out that Ichibei is resorting to Shikai, although he still has a Bankai left. Meanwhile, Bach still has to:
- Use Yamamoto's Bankai
- His own lettered ability
- Vollstandig form

Not to mention that, if he truly gets back everything he gives, the other SR's letter abilities may be available to him too. The way I see, Ichibei is slowly showing everything he got while Bach has been able to resist the things being throw at him. He is struggling, but he has been able to resist.

Remember the last "Bach" fight. Yamamoto dominated the entire fight until it was revealed he wasn't even fighting the real Bach. So I wouldn't jump at the RG and Soul King's final villain bandwagon yet.
At this point, he looks so angry and confused that it would seem bad if he won. It is been long I have seen a Bleach fight that is so one-sided. He hasn't ended a chapter with him looking like the stronger one. It would be the perfect time to twist the story. It also would seem a bit disappointing otherwise. We have so many strong characters left, and really only three villains.

Remember when they hyped up Gin as the big villain? Aizen was never pushed back this hard, he never looked surprised. Yhwach is acting like he is losing. He should have many trump cards left, so he should know how much power he has left.

Aizen was such a bland, shitty villain that it's hard to compare him to anybody. Yhwach shows brief glimpses of a personality but he's basically another MK Walker, letting his goons do the lion's share of talking, posturing and fighting. Yhwach doesn't look like he's doing much more than being inconvenienced and occasionally surprised that his latest trump card hasn't won the fight for him in one stroke yet.

Top Bottom