• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Nairume

Banned
It's kinda funny to watch Yhwach be fooled so easily. Halfway through I could tell it was an illusion. I swear though, if that killed Aizen I'm gonna be so fucking pissed. What does Ichigo's Bankai even do? He's done nothing but have it broken and swing it around. Oh and Getsuga Tenshou.
Maybe Aizen was Ichigo's bankai the whole time.

"Since when were you under the impression that I was a real person?"

Syntsui

It's kinda funny to watch Yhwach be fooled so easily. Halfway through I could tell it was an illusion. I swear though, if that killed Aizen I'm gonna be so fucking pissed. What does Ichigo's Bankai even do? He's done nothing but have it broken and swing it around. Oh and Getsuga Tenshou.

His new sword Getsugas harder than the old one, incredible improvement.

What was the whole point of that entire mini-arc about how to make a sword if they break every single chapter? lol

Mr Git

This is a problem really. His last bankai was quickly made redundant by everyone being able to swoosh around at super speed so obviously Kubo thought ah shit. And then.. this. He mixed a cero with a getsuga but that was the new half and half powers. His new bankai has done literally nothing except lower its durability. After all that waiting. itwasnothing.gif

I'm still wondering why Ichigo didn't retain any of his ridiculously long (and ageing) training before he beat Aizen. He's still doing the same moves, and is still a shinigami - why despite losing his powers did he not retain any of that experience. Woeful.

Not again. Hitsugaya grows another 2 foot.

I liked this chapter, just because of Aizen. Still just an excellent villain. Looking forward to him revealing himself the series' true hero as he knew what would happen to the Soul King and wanted to get a preemptive strike on Ywach.

After reading this, I wonder why did
Yamamoto fail to kill Ywach 1000 years ago, and didn't plan for his potential resurrection

Hystzen

After reading this, I wonder why did
Yamamoto fail to kill Ywach 1000 years ago, and didn't plan for his potential resurrection

Mayuri did call him out on that after Chosokabe died, he said he knew Quincy would emerge after Uryu caused damage to SS. Then gives him shit for not doing anything about it

So, between Ichigo, Yhwach, Aizen, Ichibei, and Yamamoto, what do we think the power rankings are? My thoughts:

1. Ichigo - Obviously. He's going to beat Yhwach via raw power.
2. Yamamoto - This is my dark horse pick. He's the only one who's beaten Yhwach before, and it looked like he could do it again before his bankai got jacked. Aizen was also afraid of him early on.
3. Yhwach - God tier power.
4. Ichibei - He's really strong, and I think he's still stronger than Aizen in the end, since he wasn't even concerned enough to intervene during Aizen's arc.
5. Aizen - He's strong but not that strong. He's more conniving than everyone else, though.

So, between Ichigo, Yhwach, Aizen, Ichibei, and Yamamoto, what do we think the power rankings are? My thoughts:

2. Yamamoto - This is my dark horse pick. He's the only one who's beaten Yhwach before, and it looked like he could do it again before his bankai got jacked. Aizen was also afraid of him early on.
4. Ichibei - He's really strong, and I think he's still stronger than Aizen in the end, since he wasn't even concerned enough to intervene during Aizen's arc.
5. Aizen - He's strong but not that strong. He's more conniving than everyone else, though.

I'd put Aizen much higher. His Kyoka Suigetsu's ability can't be understated. Ichibei would not be able to place a name on what he can't perceive.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aizen is extremely overrated. I would probably place him above Ichibei, though.

Eusis

I'd put Aizen much higher. His Kyoka Suigetsu's ability can't be understated. Ichibei would not be able to place a name on what he can't perceive.
Ichibe presumably never saw his release so he'd just stomp all over him if he didn't do anything dumb. It's part of why Ichigo was so valuable.

Ichibe presumably never saw his release so he'd just stomp all over him if he didn't do anything dumb. It's part of why Ichigo was so valuable.

Ichigo has now seen Kyoka, though, and it can't be that hard for Aizen to show Ichibei. Ichibei wouldn't know what's coming.

In terms of other strengths like fighting ability and had, though, Ichibei would probably win. I still think Kyoka would give Aizen the edge

Eusis

Ichigo has now seen Kyoka, though, and it can't be that hard for Aizen to show Ichibei. Ichibei wouldn't know what's coming.

In terms of other strengths like fighting ability and had, though, Ichibei would probably win. I still think Kyoka would give Aizen the edge
Ichigo seemed to have only arrived just in time for Yheach to "Oh shit" though, so he probably DIDN'T see it released. And it's that moment that matters.

Aizen when he was constantly evolving is the strongest, he only lost cause cause deep down he just wanted an equal or some bullshit which let the kido take effect, oherwise Ichigo was finished. If that Aizen fought Yhwach he'd probably keep transcending until he said some nonsense like "I'm so above you you can't see my future".

qcf x2

You guys aren't giving Aizen credit because he's never had to actually try in a fight. Gin said his abilities far exceed any shinigami (period) even before factoring in his kyoka suigetsu. Part of his motivation is boredom with lack of worthy challengers. Aizen wasn't afraid of Yama so much as he was smart. The same way any being anywhere would be wary of someone who can reach the temperature of the sun. I mean if this is a pure DBZ punch machine test then you have 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D and 1E. lol @ putting Yhwach 3rd on any list though. Behind Yama? THIS Yhwach? Hahaha.

Leave it to Bleach to make a guy who can control the future lose to hypnosis.

There are legit criticisms and then there's stuff like this. Yhwach's almighty power hadn't returned yet when he first visited Aizen in SS. He regained it in the fight with Ichibei. If Aizen hypnotized him at that point then there is no future in which Yhwach is not under the influence of kyoka suigetsu, which appears to be the case.

You guys aren't giving Aizen credit because he's never had to actually try in a fight. Gin said his abilities far exceed any shinigami (period) even before factoring in his kyoka suigetsu. Part of his motivation is boredom with lack of worthy challengers. Aizen wasn't afraid of Yama so much as he was smart. The same way any being anywhere would be wary of someone who can reach the temperature of the sun. I mean if this is a pure DBZ punch machine test then you have 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D and 1E. lol @ putting Yhwach 3rd on any list though. Behind Yama? THIS Yhwach? Hahaha.
The thing is, do we know that Gin has even met every Shinigami? I doubt he's seen anyone from Squad Zero, and those guys weren't even concerned with Aizen--nor was Yama, who didn't bother to use bankai and punched out one of the most powerful arrancar, who was designed specifically to fight him. We also know for sure that he's beaten Yhwach before.

Aizen is tricky, but I don't think he's the most powerful by a longshot. Remember when Isshin threw him around with just a finger snap? Isshin isn't even considered one of the strongest. And once Ichigo used Final Getsuga, Aizen was easily overpowered. Plus, you have that whole matter of Yhwach punching right through him in the last chapter.

EDIT: Yama also mentions that there hasn't been any shinigami in the last thousand years stronger than him.

Eusis

There are legit criticisms and then there's stuff like this. Yhwach's almighty power hadn't returned yet when he first visited Aizen in SS. He regained it in the fight with Ichibei. If Aizen hypnotized him at that point then there is no future in which Yhwach is not under the influence of kyoka suigetsu, which appears to be the case.
Hell, given how it works (see the release and you're screwed) it may actually be the perfect counter to Almighty. Like you see some nasty image and can't get it out of your head, and Yhwach can't help but SEE that picture with his ability, and same for Aizen's release. Perhaps even looking into the past for, say, fighting with the captains and the full lead up screwed him over.

qcf x2

The thing is, do we know that Gin has even met every Shinigami? I doubt he's seen anyone from Squad Zero, and those guys weren't even concerned with Aizen--nor was Yama, who didn't bother to use bankai and punched out one of the most powerful arrancar, who was designed specifically to fight him. We also know for sure that he's beaten Yhwach before.

Aizen is tricky, but I don't think he's the most powerful by a longshot. Remember when Isshin threw him around with just a finger snap? Isshin isn't even considered one of the strongest. And once Ichigo used Final Getsuga, Aizen was easily overpowered. Plus, you have that whole matter of Yhwach punching right through him in the last chapter.

EDIT: Yama also mentions that there hasn't been any shinigami in the last thousand years stronger than him.

Yama didn't know how strong Aizen was, they thought he was a geek with a cute mist-based bankai. It's reasonable to assume that Gin knew how strong Yama was. I don't think Aizen took the Isshin scuffle too seriously, though he was surprised by that attack. He seemed like he was ready to get the hogyoku metamorphosis on with already, having waited so long for his plan to reach that point. Squad Zero was not concerned with Aizen because Aizen hadn't actually killed Yama, nice guy that he is. They only showed up in Soul Society at all because Yama died. As a counter point to Yama's strength, he lost to a Yhwach who (if I remember correctly) didn't really use any of his schrift abilities and definitely did not have the almighty ability. You could say he only had one arm but Yhwach seemed to believe the bigger issue was that he had lost his passion for fighting.

As for Yhwach losing to Yama before the series started, conveniently we probably won't ever figure out how that happened. :p

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
As for Yhwach losing to Yama before the series started, conveniently we probably won't ever figure out how that happened. :p

I don't think it's too hard to figure out. If his powers are distributed to the Qunicies, the SS probably just murdered every Quincy they could find.

Eusis

I think it's likely that due to Almighty he knew he'd get a better yield if he waited a thousand years (especially for Ichigo?) and threw the fight. Or knew even if he could beat Yama he'd get wrecked by Ichibei, so he had to bid his time anyway.

IHaveIce

Banned
still there is so much in the Bleach world I would like to know.. somehow Bleach is at its best when it is doing flashback arcs..

Would have loved to see the first Gotei fighting or more of Isshin idk how the Shiba got banned ( was it cause of Isshi?)

Bleach also a many interesting chars, but they are not the mainchars and so they always are reduced to fodder..

This series had a lot of wasted potential and now it is gonna end in a rushed fashion and a lot of stuff I would have loved to see is not gonna make it in

Ray Down

Banned
Bleach 684 Spoilers
Aizen deactivates Kyoka Suigetsu. Yhwach says he will change the future where he died and attacks Ichigo. Ishida shoots him with the silver arrowhead (Gin’s arrowhead) and Yhwach’s abilities are totally shut for an instant.

Ichigo attacks him with Zangetsu, Yhwach gets his abilities back and blocks it with one hand, but Zangetsu’s outer shell cracks and Zangetsu’s shikai appears from inside it, slashing Yhwach in half.

Bleach Ending notice
15th anniversary and the legendary super-climax with colour pages

This is still ridiculously short for a final battle Bleach Style. So I don't think it was in Kubo's plans like 12 months ago (or 6 months ago honestly).

(Also this seems awful so far. So many questions unanswered. Ichigo's dual sword Shikai/Bankai completely unexplained. Also how does Auschwellan creating silver in the heart which kills work with the surviving Sternritter who had their power stolen but didn't die ? Even by Bleach's often appalling lack of internal logic this is bad. )

Ray Down

Banned
First+thing+i+thought+of+_193098bc68b59e547b42b2471dc8c782.jpg

We need to re purpose this, the best thing Bleach has given us in years.

Unless 685 is like 40 pages long, this is gonna be incredibly disappointing even for Bleach.

Really as others have said before, the only way for the ending to be okay if it has the final pages reveal this was all Aizen's bankai, or the final page is just a full page spread of Aizen smiling and him saying Bankai.

Astral

Really as others have said before, the only way for the ending to be okay if it has the final pages reveal this was all Aizen's bankai, or the final page is just a full page spread of Aizen smiling and him saying Bankai.

It really is. I feel kinda bad for Kubo. He seemed to have wanted to do a lot more but he overstayed his welcome and was forced to just end it as quickly as possible.

scarlet

This arc could be better without the pointless zombie fight and the fodder quincies.

So many unresolved plots. As a huge fan of bleach, I'm really disappointed.

Top Bottom