• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hm I think the implication is that since Aizen was using kyouka suigetsu from before Ichigo showed up, even Renji's attack was fake. It explains why after Renji got his arm chopped off, suddenly we saw Ichigo with no arm despite no subsequent attack. They were both Aizen the whole time.

This zangetsu inside his bankai makes... very little sense though. We never found out the "ability" of this bankai, maybe it's related to that. Perhaps a tiny explanation at the start of the next chapter in lieu of all the other answers we'll never get.

I wonder if Isshin was supposed to contribute somehow, or he just tagged along with Souken for fun.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I wish phoenical viking/beam was around for this, I'd love to hear his opinion on how this is actually the best way to end a manga.

I imagine if he was still around, he would be banned again after raging like a fool over people (rightfully) calling the manga crap over in the "Bleach is Ending" thread in OT.

Astral

Yhwach can't really have died from that.. right? Like, that's it? That was so boring. How did he not even see the arrow coming? Why did the Fullbringers even train with Ganju? The old man didn't even show up lmao. And I swear if Kubo used this as an opportunity to kill both villains I'll be pissed.

Yhwach can't really have died from that.. right? Like, that's it? That was so boring. How did he not even see the arrow coming? Why did the Fullbringers even train with Ganju? The old man didn't even show up lmao. And I swear if Kubo used this as an opportunity to kill both villains I'll be pissed.

I think he had planned to drag it out much much longer but then something happened which forced him to wrap it up quickly.

StarVigil

Wait, this is ending in two chapters? I've been reading it for the past months just to witness the mess,
but after all these dragged out fights with no substance, the whole thing will be wrapped in two - bleach - chapters? That's like 10 lines of dialogue

This is rushed as fuck.

Why he can't see/predict the arrow? If it ends like that, it will be an utterly disappointment. Boring.

Anyway, I guess I'm tired from these fights, I am waiting for the aftermath.

Linkark07

Banned
By now we should all be grateful this is ending. Sadly, Bleach will go out as a disappointment for many.

Honestly, if Kubo learned just to put the most important fights and do them right, I think this could have gone better. This was the main issue of this arc and Fake Karakura Town.

Mr Git

Wait, this is ending in two chapters? I've been reading it for the past months just to witness the mess,
but after all these dragged out fights with no substance, the whole thing will be wrapped in two - bleach - chapters? That's like 10 lines of dialogue

I thought it had one more chapter left. Which is worse.

I'm feeling pretty low about it ending like this. I rag on Bleach a lot, but it has its moments and there are characters I genuinely love. I've been reading it every week for about 12 or 13 years which is pretty fucking mental when you think about it. I've even managed to read it when travelling. Clearly WSJ told him to wrap it up, but can only blame Kubo for all the filler, jesus. We had aeons of shit zombies, chicken twat, that bloody giant and a massive hand but could have seen more Urahara and Shinji or even found out what's up with Ichigo's Karakura friends - didn't Karin start getting powers? Oh well. I'd say I'd look forward to it being animated but can you imagine the filler within the filler.

Linkark07

Banned
Oh well. I'd say I'd look forward to it being animated but can you imagine the filler within the filler.

If this last arc gets animated, Studio Pierrot or whatever studio gets in charge of this will have to do a hell of a job to salvage the mess Kubo did.

Only part I would be mildly interested is Isshin and Masaki flashback.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Honestly, if Kubo learned just to put the most important fights and do them right, I think this could have gone better. This was the main issue of this arc and Fake Karakura Town.

Like someone mentioned before, Kubo really revealed too much when he said that he frequently just made new characters whenever he hit writer's block.

That's clearly been the downfall of this series since at least Hueco Mundo.

Linkark07

Banned
Like someone mentioned before, Kubo really revealed too much when he said that he frequently just made new characters whenever he hit writer's block.

Which goes along with the issue of the boring battles with cannon fodder. And, unlike shinigami or vizards, most of the arrancar, fullbringers and almost all the quincies were forgettable.

bjork

Best Bleach characters
1. Aizen
2. the old guy in the throne with the crown
3. the guy that had the little bucktoothed kid that turned into guns
4. Ichigo's dad
5. Rukia

Mr Git

If this last arc gets animated, Studio Pierrot or whatever studio gets in charge of this will have to do a hell of a job to salvage the mess Kubo did.

Only part I would be mildly interested is Isshin and Masaki flashback.

They did manage to make the Fullbringer arc relatively entertaining - I thought it came out much better than in the manga. Although the soundtrack goes a long way.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Remember when Kyouraku showed up in the real world to tell Ichigo's friends that Ichigo would probably never be able to come back to the real world because he was too powerful or something? I wonder if that'll be resolved in these next two chapters!

a aha
Bach sucked out half his powers, so it's OK now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Best Bleach characters
1. Aizen
2. the old guy in the throne with the crown
3. the guy that had the little bucktoothed kid that turned into guns
4. Ichigo's dad
5. Rukia
No lies detected.

6. Gin. Nobody ever appreciates the resident creep show. :(

latest

Oh wait, he's actually a good guy!

Too bad this storyline felt rushed and underexplained too...

So, is the last chapter going to be all of the remaining characters burning Ywhach's body and discussing the unrevealed bankais around the campfire?

Shinji: So, Ichigo, what's the deal with your new Bankai?

Ichigo: It gives me a Super Getsuga Tenshou... That powers up when I'm defending my friends! What about yours, Kira?

Kira: Mine's a digesting bankai. Where's Hisagi?

Ichigo: Still dead. What does your bankai do-

Shinji: Well! Mine-

Ichigo: -Aizen?

Shinji: ....

Aizen: How interesting... What makes you believe that I haven't released my bankai this whole time?

The final chapter will be a time skip. Ichigo will be at home, with Isshin and his sisters, reminiscing about what just happened in this chapter. The end.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I like how Ishida's schrift, touted mere chapters ago as the perfect counter to Yhwach, was completely and utterly unused. Instead, shot him with an arrow.

He could have at least shot himself then swapped their damage or something.

Joni

Manga will end with Tatsuki and Ichigo in a relationship, Orihime dead from the Bach fight, announced in a data book.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I like how Ishida's schrift, touted mere chapters ago as the perfect counter to Yhwach, was completely and utterly unused. Instead, shot him with an arrow.

He could have at least shot himself then swapped their damage or something.

That would've simply killed Ishida since it stops your powers.

Also calling that a perfect counter is iffy since it'd go about like it did with that other A. "Nope. I didn't take that damage after all! You did!"

Astral

That would've simply killed Ishida since it stops your powers.

Also calling that a perfect counter is iffy since it'd go about like it did with that other A. "Nope. I didn't take that damage after all! You did!"

Lmao that part was so fucking stupid. "Oh man that power might actually defeat His Majesty. No wait, no it won't. But it can!" I didn't even bother trying to understand Hashbrown's powers.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I dunno, I actually enjoyed the idea that instead of using a shitty bankai that was about to break, Ichigo just released it into his shikai he never fucking uses anymore so its in tip top shape to get the job done. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I kinda enjoyed these last few chapters.

I dunno, I actually enjoyed the idea that instead of using a shitty bankai that was about to break, Ichigo just released it into his shikai he never fucking uses anymore so its in tip top shape to get the job done. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I kinda enjoyed these last few chapters.

how does that explain that Bach can ruin the future and destroy shikais, bankais, and pizza pies!?!??!!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Hm maybe that's what Ichigo did, just released bankai back down to shikai. That shikai was really kinda just inside of the bankai all along tho, it was a weird blade that kinda blunted the edges with this rectangular coating. Maybe its "power" was to somehow absorb damage and transfer it into the Core Blade or I DON'T KNOW I gotta stop pretending like this is an ability that makes sense instead of just a stylish finish with no logic.

Astral

Hm maybe that's what Ichigo did, just released bankai back down to shikai. That shikai was really kinda just inside of the bankai all along tho, it was a weird blade that kinda blunted the edges with this rectangular coating. Maybe its "power" was to somehow absorb damage and transfer it into the Core Blade or I DON'T KNOW I gotta stop pretending like this is an ability that makes sense instead of just a stylish finish with no logic.

I'm pretty sure his bankai is just a sword inside a sword. It doesn't look like there's any "power." If you break its shell there's another sword inside to fool enemies. Breaking it in half obviously won't reveal that since the blade on the inside breaks as well. Since Yhwach already cracked it earlier, it didn't take much to break the shell and reveal the second sword. That's all there is to it it seems.

Eusis

I guess it could be symbolic, it was the large blade that had to be charged up with Quincy power to go white and unleash his new hollow mode, and in Bankai there was a chain attached, possibly indicating it was chained down given both ends connected to the sword this time. It was weird how his bankai stayed the same even after Yhwach absorbed the Hollow and Quincy powers, so breaking down and going to something that looks a lot like his original shikai, going "pure shinigami", can make a sort of sense.

I'm pretty sure his bankai is just a sword inside a sword. It doesn't look like there's any "power." If you break its shell there's another sword inside to fool enemies. Breaking it in half obviously won't reveal that since the blade on the inside breaks as well. Since Yhwach already cracked it earlier, it didn't take much to break the shell and reveal the second sword. That's all there is to it it seems.
Makes sense, actually, since his new zanpakuto is two swords, which turn into "one" when he uses bankai.

Guys, Kubo doesn't even know what he did. There is no point trying to understand it. lol

Man, this final chapter will probably be an abomination due to this rushed ending. Can't wait.

I am convinced kubo forgot what a Bankai is at this point. Could explain the whole"abnkai stealing powerzxzzz" and ichigo's current bankai sword thing that does nothing but break apart and why we will never ever see aizen's bankai.

The idea of ichigo's quincy and shinigami sword fusing into one sword that when the outer quincy layer was destroyed the shinigami inner layer remained would be clever had kubo made any effort to establish any number of things that could have made it interesting symbolism. Instead we get nothing like we got for 90% of this final arc.

The only highlights on top of my head are

- the confirmed fan speculation the little girl was kenpachi's sword spirit, also seeing her fight

- everything but the rain flashback

- old man using his bad ass banaki (before jobbing)

- my boy urahara using his bankai in a tag team with grimmjow (probably my favorite fight of the arc)

- confirmed fan speclation unohana was the og kenpachi and that she's actually a sadistic mofo (before training and losing to kenpachi off screen so he could get a powerup made irrelevant instantly)

- ice tard dying and becoming a zombie (even if only temporary)

I was saying this yesterday, but these flaws were even apparent way back in the Soul Society arc. As a whole, I think people were more accepting because they happened to like those new characters for the most part.

But yeah, Kubo used that as a crutch to the detriment of the series. Introduced way too many characters and tried to give each of them their own side-plots.

Eusis

Guys, Kubo doesn't even know what he did. There is no point trying to understand it. lol
Why do we try to find images in clouds? Because we like to try to find things that probably aren't there!

EDIT: Although really, we do tend to try to find symbolism whether or not it really exists, and this probably isn't reaching half as far as some of the stuff people have pulled in the past.

If Aizen is really dead, I will never forgive Kubo. He's the only reason I followed this mess of a story after the Soul Society Arc, and the real main character of this series. Anything other than Aizen becoming the supreme ruler over the Bleach universe would be a massive disappointment. I mean, he's the only reason Soul Society (as well as the human world and Hueco Mundo) still exists. Without his Kyouka Suigetsu shenanigans there would be no way they could have stopped Yhwach. He's the only saving grace of this ridiculous drawn-out mess, I hope Kubo does not forget this.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seriously pissed right now. Why Aizen of all people?! :mad:

Astral

If Aizen is really dead, I will never forgive Kubo. He's the only reason I followed this mess of a story after the Soul Society Arc, and the real main character of this series. Anything other than Aizen becoming the supreme ruler over the Bleach universe would be a massive disappointment. I mean, he's the only reason Soul Society (as well as the human world and Hueco Mundo) still exists. Without his Kyouka Suigetsu shenanigans there would be no way they could have stopped Yhwach. He's the only saving grace of this ridiculous drawn-out mess, I hope Kubo does not forget this.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seriously pissed right now. Why Aizen of all people?! :mad:

I'm with you. I'm gonna be really pissed if that whatever it was killed him because that would mean he jobbed really fucking hard. That's like a Boba Fett level death. I don't care if he decides he's a good guy now or if he just goes back to jail. Just don't fucking kill him in the lamest way possible.

Top Bottom