• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

He's not going to have Ywach show up and kill everybody in the last chapter because the reason it would be novel and transgressive is that it would also be bad storytelling. Being edgy and transgressive is not automatically good.

He'll probably kill a few people, cut someone in half, and remove some more arms.

Nairume

Banned
He's not going to have Ywach show up and kill everybody in the last chapter because the reason it would be novel and transgressive is that it would also be bad storytelling. Being edgy and transgressive is not automatically good.

He'll probably kill a few people, cut someone in half, and remove some more arms.
If it does happen, it'll probably just be explained away as

Ywach escaping away to a future of his choosing, wrecking havoc before "past" Ichigo turns up to stop him because his new bankai is the perfect counter to Ywach's power and he is now faster than time and space and can be where he wants to be

And then Ichigo goes back to his own time and everybody lives happily ever after

Except Komamura because he's dead

And Chad because he can never have good things happen to him

Eusis

Yeah, usually similar sort of things have a point (someone paying for past misdeeds that still haunted them or something) so most likely something like that would lead to what you said, in that it's more that everything seems perfect, then starts to go to complete shit, then is dramatically stopped at a drastic cost.

And if he DOES kill anyone anyway the manga has reached the scope of "it's not improbable to rebuild reality."

Zeroth

Now that I think about it, there's at least *some* basis for Uryuu's arrow hitting Yhwach. Remember how Uryuu surprised a Jugram who had Yhwach's Future Seeing power somehow? Maybe it was a hint that Uryuu is "outside" the Future Seeing scope somehow, which might be tied to how he shares Yhwach's letter as his sucessor. Or maybe Kubo will never explain it.

Now that I think about it, there's at least *some* basis for Uryuu's arrow hitting Yhwach. Remember how Uryuu surprised a Jugram who had Yhwach's Future Seeing power somehow? Maybe it was a hint that Uryuu is "outside" the Future Seeing scope somehow, which might be tied to how he shares Yhwach's letter as his sucessor. Or maybe Kubo will never explain it.

Either that or Ywhach can't foresee Kubo "The True Almighty"'s ability: asspulls

Eusis

Seeing the future would be a god send for a character in FMA or something with more serious long term planning, but this? Yeah...

Nope. The implication there was that Haschwalt could see the future but could be caught by surprise by the future changing (Ichigo showing up to give Yhwach hope). And that Haschwalt's ability to use the Almighty was weaker than Yhwachs.

I think the reason it works is that the arrow nullified Almighty, so Ywach couldn't see into or affect the bits that led to him being shot. Which is reaching , but considering Bookmark of the End (which was introduced as a memory editor and who's described effects only make sense like that) is the 2nd most potent reality rewriting ability we've seen it's not like Kubo doesn't reach all the time.

Yeah it's just kind of a sad trainwreck, I can still have fun poking at it.

I feel pity for Kubo at this point. He's had it coming, but there really is no way for him to put out a moderately pleasing ending to this.

Plus, there's whatever announcement he has planned

Astral

Wow how fucking boring by the sound of it. Unless the spoilers I read are bullshit...
Ichika Abarai? Lmao how did Rennie approve of that name? "Renji I wanna name her Ichika. It's so not a combination of my name and Ichigo's who I secretly wish I had a child with."

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Wow how fucking boring by the sound of it. Unless the spoilers I read are bullshit...
Ichika Abarai? Lmao how did Rennie approve of that name? "Renji I wanna name her Ichika. It's so not a combination of my name and Ichigo's who I secretly wish I had a child with."

Oh, boy. Can't wait for the meltdowns. Will be amazing.

Wish most of the Bleach truthers weren't banned lol.

Eusis

Not surprised that the biggest question, what the Soul King's deal was, is left unresolved. Though no indication of who/what keeps the world held together?

Man, did Tite Kubo have shitty story priorities or what.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
At least we got a tiny bit for Yhwach's motivations. Kinda.

No explanation whatsoever for what the soul king was, though. Why he was Yhwach's "father." Why his hands were wandering around, and why one was a sternritter. When it comes down to it, I think that's the unresolved point among the dozens upon dozens that'll bug me the most. We could always extrapolate I guess, think that he was some progenitor entity that spawned both the shinigami and the quincy, that it's why one hand was with each group. Or that he's literally Yhwach's father, a quincy taken during the war to serve as the lynchpin. Guess we'll have to hope for a databook.

Cute ending in general tho, if you set aside the total lack of resolution for a million things. Maybe Aizen's the new lynchpin, like we all thought he'd be?

Eusis

Yeah, my head canon is going to be that they imprisoned him but put him into that role. He's nigh-indestructible and it seems to be a role you can fulfill without conscious control, unless somehow Yhwach just magically fixed that upon absorbing the Soul King in which case what the hell.

Zoe

Why the hell is Hiyori still in the living world?

Edit: nvm, for some reason I thought she was one of the ones who went back

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I wonder tho, was that Yhwach really coming back to kill them all at their happiest, like he promised? Then Kazui was like "fuk u" and nuked him with wunderkind power? Kind of a neat followup if so.

I'd actually like to see a new Bleach manga starring Kazui and Ichika. Thought that they could have an awesome dynamic.

The only caveat is that Kubo can't write the story. His artwork is still great, though

Ventara

lol, this chapter, man. This is just setting things up for some doujinshi where Renji gets NTR'd, Yuzu gets used, Chad/Ichigo hook up.

At least Aizen is still alive.

GhostBed

So, uh, isn't it kinda dumb for Chad's character to end up a boxer after his whole character was based around only fighting when he needed to protect people?

Stay losing, Chad.

EDIT: I love Abarai Ichika and would read a series about her, no shame.

Yep, this, please.

The two of them can create a Karakura defence force along with Kon.

Some sort of serious villain could be a Vasto Lorde that has escaped Hueco Mundo. Then, when Kazui and Ichika can't defeat it, Isshin shows up to take it down.

I'm going to keep thinking of these potential stories all day now :3

MartyStu

In a vacuum, this is a perfectly acceptable ending. Has just the right amount of fan service.

Unfortunately...

Hope Kubo works with a writer next time.

Top Bottom