• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why do you guys even care? Story is over in two chapters and it was more likely he wasn't going to show up at all. He fought the final boss, that's more than I expected or even hoped to ask for.

The reason Aizen could have be killed is because he is unstoppable now. He won't be a good guy so Kubo might have killed him to reach the final "peace" the hero deserves.

I hope he lives though.

Eusis

The reason Aizen could have be killed is because he is unstoppable now. He won't be a good guy so Kubo might have killed him to reach the final "peace" the hero deserves.

I hope he lives though.
There's also an appeal in having an unrepetent villain from earlier on actually win after their original arc simply because it'd be in everyone's best interests: he doesn't want to eat all of existence or whatever like Yhwach, and the Soul King they wanted to protect him from is now gone. It's kind of killing two birds with one stone too in that it likely eliminates the threat of needing to cut Ichigo (the seeming other potential Soul King?) from the human world while making sure a threat is neutralized.

But maybe he is going for something bitter sweet in the end and Aizen really did just get gobbled up for good like it were nothing.

vareon

If Aizen is really dead, I will never forgive Kubo. He's the only reason I followed this mess of a story after the Soul Society Arc, and the real main character of this series. Anything other than Aizen becoming the supreme ruler over the Bleach universe would be a massive disappointment. I mean, he's the only reason Soul Society (as well as the human world and Hueco Mundo) still exists. Without his Kyouka Suigetsu shenanigans there would be no way they could have stopped Yhwach. He's the only saving grace of this ridiculous drawn-out mess, I hope Kubo does not forget this.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seriously pissed right now. Why Aizen of all people?! :mad:

There is no way to give Aizen a glorious closure with this being 1 chapter left. Unless the last panel reveals that we are Aizen all along.

qcf x2

If Aizen is really dead, I will never forgive Kubo. He's the only reason I followed this mess of a story after the Soul Society Arc, and the real main character of this series. Anything other than Aizen becoming the supreme ruler over the Bleach universe would be a massive disappointment. I mean, he's the only reason Soul Society (as well as the human world and Hueco Mundo) still exists. Without his Kyouka Suigetsu shenanigans there would be no way they could have stopped Yhwach. He's the only saving grace of this ridiculous drawn-out mess, I hope Kubo does not forget this.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seriously pissed right now. Why Aizen of all people?! :mad:

He went out like a G, also reconfirmed that he jobbed to Ichigo in their 1 on 1 fight. If nothing else, they need to install a new soul king so it's either gonna be Ichigo or Aizen, and having it be Ichigo would really be quite sad since he's never wanted anything to do with it and he's got a normal life yet to live. So I'm guessing Aizen as Soul King theory comes true. It's the only form of redemption the series could have beyond Kubo doing the impossible and giving us a joke ending like Aizen's bankai was his pen (which I think everybody would love to see).

Zeroth

Why people keep saying Aizen/Ichigo will become the next Soul King when Uryu has Yhwach's blood and was said to be his successor? It seems to be that having Uryu become SK will help cover some holes in regards to future quincies.

seriously how the hell did his old shikai come out of a broken bankai, when a bankai breaks that's supposed to be it, it's done for good and can't be fixed by normal non bullshit hax means.

Khezu

Did I miss something or does his Bankai not even do anything?

Mixing a blue cero and his black laser attack well neat is not a bankai ability.

His old Bankai made him faster than everybody else.

For... idk like 4 chapters?

The fight with Byakuya pretty much (mitigated by it damaging his body causing him to gradually slow down over the fight). Then Kubo realized being so fast that you can dodge all your opponents attacks is an insta-win and pretty much ignored it.

Eusis

The fight with Byakuya pretty much (mitigated by it damaging his body causing him to gradually slow down over the fight). Then Kubo realized being so fast that you can dodge all your opponents attacks is an insta-win and pretty much ignored it.
I just kinda assume everyone's stupid fast. Which given flash steps and its derivatives is probably true!

I just kinda assume everyone's stupid fast. Which given flash steps and its derivatives is probably true!

Which would make sense except that over the next 2 arcs Grimjow was faster than Ichigo , Zommari was faster than Grimjow and Byakuya didn't get totally stomped by Zommari (or even anywhere close to as badly as Ichigo was running rings around him). So my money is on Kubo forgetting about it.

Astral

seriously how the hell did his old shikai come out of a broken bankai, when a bankai breaks that's supposed to be it, it's done for good and can't be fixed by normal non bullshit hax means.

His bankai seems to be a sword inside a sword. Shatter its shell and surprise motherfucker there's actually another sword in here. The core blade just looks like his old shikai for nostalgia's sake probably. Fuck man. Ichigo was so fast he cut down EVERY SINGLE ONE OF BYAKUYA'S PEDALS.

Eusis

Which would make sense except that over the next 2 arcs Grimjow was faster than Ichigo , Zommari was faster than Grimjow and Byakuya didn't get totally stomped by Zommari (or even anywhere close to as badly as Ichigo was running rings around him). So my money is on Kubo forgetting about it.
Probably a bit of both. Everyone's capable of being crazy fast but fuck trying to keep track of the hierarchy there.

So, what's going to happen to this thread after the last chapter is out?

Hold out for the anime adaptation, or hope that Tite can somehow deliver what he originally had in mind for this arc? :p

Hold out for the anime adaptation, or hope that Tite can somehow deliver what he originally had in mind for this arc? :p

He had 4 years to deliver whatever the fuck he had in mind for this arc.

If he had a better idea for it, he should have done it.

No way this gets an Inuyasha final type anime, readership in WSJ is extremely low since the arc started, and there are no Volumes to sell with an anime.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Who knows... it will probably gather dust unless Hollywood announces a Bleach movie.

No way this gets an Inuyasha final type anime, readership in WSJ is extremely low since the arc started, and there are no Volumes to sell with an anime.

The only way I can see a Blood War anime happening is if Adult Swim funds it.

Eusis

Everyone writes a better ending.

I expect it to be a relative success.

He had planned this out to be longer than 4 years. Kubo wouldn't have left this many loose ends if it wasn't for this push to finish the series quickly.

But you are right in the sense that Kubo wasted a lot of time on useless fights that went nowhere. Bazz-B versus Hashbrowns is a prime example of a complete waste of time :/ I don't think anyone cared for that back story.

The only way I can see a Blood War anime happening is if Adult Swim funds it.

That would be pretty great. As dumb as some of these fights were, they'd still make for some nice visual experiences.

Everyone writes a better ending.

It's BleachGAF's time to shine. We'll do what Kubo couldn't.

Lulubop

Spoilers seem out there.

10 year time skip, the new captains + Rukia's captain ceremony

No Ichigo or anything in sight.

I'm not reading spoilers but it seems tomorrow's chapter isn't the last one anymore according to rumors. It would end next week. Can anyone confirm that?

Joni

I don't recognize half these characters. Like who is the girl captain that gets critized because she still acts like a servant, or who is that serving as the VC for Shinji? Might be time to reread once all volumes are done.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I don't recognize half these characters. Like who is the girl captain that gets critized because she still acts like a servant, or who is that serving as the VC for Shinji? Might be time to reread once all volumes are done.

Isane and Momo, looks like.

Actually really enjoyed this chapter, but I'm wondering about a lot of those new captains, especially that brother and sister duo from the beginning of this arc :/

Eusis

Lisa's a captain too now

shit's ending. we ain't gonna see the Bankai of these new captains ever :(
Maybe he's finally given up on developing an excuse and decided to have a short sequel series where the characters with unrevealed bankai go at one another. Two shown for the price of one each time!

Do we realy need pages dedicated to show what Iba and Shuuhei were doing these past years? I mean, nothing against them but if we only have two chapters, there are lots of things that should take priority. And based on last chapter, the transiction to the timeskip was pretty much abrupt.

Will Abarai remain as Byakuya's vice captain or will he join Rukia?

And Mayuri will find out that Aizen is alive and with Quincy powers now!

My read is that the detection at the end is Ywach coming to strike them at their happiest. Which will probably lead to Ichigo turning up.

ohlawd

My read is that the detection at the end is Ywach coming to strike them at their happiest. Which will probably lead to Ichigo turning up.

yep.

some terrible shit is gonna happen and a member of the Gotei 13 will be like "aww shit, this shit again. yo where's that number at? we gotta call Ichigoman"

"NEVER FEAR, ICHIGOMAN IS HERE"

NANANANANANANA, ICHIGOMAN, NANANANANANA

Hey, that would be pretty cool if he actually wins and the manga ends. lol

But we all know that Aizen will show up and say "Since when you were under the impression that 10 years passed?" Revealing everyone was caught by his bankai, including Yhwach.

This last chapter of Bleach better be some a fake glimpse of the future bs,Ywach teleporting to the future or some Aizen bs. Ywach was taken out in such an anti-climatic way with a bunch of shit happening for no reason & why couldn't he just rewrite the future for the last page of the last chapter. I'm guessing im missing something but this shit's nonsensical even for bleach. Was actually thinking it was getting good with Ywach being so OP, I'm legit thinking Kubo is trolling. Also it's been so long that I can't remember half of these new captains.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wait, the fight against Ywach ended?

Linkark07

Banned
No
It will be called detergent

But there is a franchise with that name already

latest

Eusis

Man, some of y'all still thinking that Kubo gives enough of a care to make Ywhach fulfill his promise :p
To be honest it just seemed like it'd be an empty threat. That this is happening at all seems to me he just spilled the ending right then and there instead.

He's gonna show up, kill like 2-3 of them (probably Iba) and then Ichigo will murder the shit out of him and give Rukia a meaningful look and that'll be that.

Top Bottom