• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Arcade Collection Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Include The Lost Vikings, Rock N' Roll Racing and BlackThorne
You will automatically receive the collection on PC today if you have purchased any of the Anniversary Packs available for BlizzCon and Blizzard's 30th anniversary.
19,99€ on Battle.net
Also on PS4/One/Switch

1613772949_837161.jpg

Last edited:

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
It's funny it took Blizzard this long to release these 3 games when all the fans or potential fans have aged out. Who cares about these dead IPs in 2021? It probably would have landed different in 2005.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's funny it took Blizzard this long to release these 3 games when all the fans or potential fans have aged out. Who cares about these dead IPs in 2021? It probably would have landed different in 2005.
I'm old enough to have played them new. I care about them.

I don't care about them for 20 bucks, though. Will buy at ten.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Actually this is a GREAT collection.

You have art galleries, video interviews with the devs, and multiple versions of the games:

Lost Vikings:
SNES, Genesis, and a Definitive version that combines both the SNES and Genesis versions.

Rock & Roll Racing:
SNES, Genesis, 4P version, and a Definitive version that's in widescreen with CD quality audio.

Blackthorne:
SNES, the 32-bit one (shit), and a Definitive version that has auto-mapping.

This is definitely worth $20.

Lone Wolf

Actually this is a GREAT collection.

You have art galleries, video interviews with the devs, and multiple versions of the games:

Lost Vikings:
SNES, Genesis, and a Definitive version that combines both the SNES and Genesis versions.

Rock & Roll Racing:
SNES, Genesis, 4P version, and a Definitive version that's in widescreen with CD quality audio.

Blackthorne:
SNES, the 32-bit one (shit), and a Definitive version that has auto-mapping.

This is definitely worth $20.
Yeah it looks like I’ll need this collection

Rayderism

First thing I did when I got home from work was to check PSN. Saw this collection and purchased it instantly. I'll probably play each one for an hour or less, then just forget about them, much like nearly all the Arcade Archive and ACA NeoGeo games I bought on PSN....nostalgia really is a hell of a thing. :messenger_dizzy:

16:9 Rock 'n Roll racing is huge for me. It was one of my favorite games back in the day and I've been waiting forever for the sequel that never happened.

Lost Vikings was also a great game and the new features should fix one of the ffew issues I had with it.

Blacktorne is a game I rented a couple times but couldn't finish. Maybe now that I'm older and my reflexes are comparatively shit I'll fare better.

Rayderism

Anyone who loves Rock'n Roll Racing should check out Blazerush, available on Steam, PS3, PS4 and Switch. It's like an evolution of Rock'N Roll Racing gameplay-wise, but without the Rock'n Roll music.

Here's a sample:

Anyway, if you play the definitive version of Rock'n Roll Racing in this collection, I suggest setting the accelerator to R2 to free up your thumb for the weapons and jumping, and setting the quick-turn controls to the left and right directionals. Set the regular (IMO, slow and lame) left and right to the L1/R1 buttons. Kinda makes navigating the menus a little trickier, but makes the gameplay much better.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I forgot how shit the PC version of Blackthorne is. Uses the same sprite backgrounds as the SNES version, but with really late 90s pre-rendered low-res character models and a shitty UI taking up the right side of the screen. Still it's cool that they included that on this for completions sake.

Anyone who loves Rock'n Roll Racing should check out Blazerush, available on Steam, PS3, PS4 and Switch. It's like an evolution of Rock'N Roll Racing gameplay-wise, but without the Rock'n Roll music.

Here's a sample:

Does it have Larry Huffman as an announcer? Does Olaf unleash hot fury? Does holy Toledo?

RAIDEN1

Never played Blackthorne when it first came out, so I am not sure what I have been missing, Rock'N'Roll I added to my SNES Mini collection, but seeing this version changes all that...and yeah it is a shame Lost Vikings 2 couldn't be included. When I saw Lost Vikings on the Amiga, you knew from a graphical viewpoint it wasn't as good as the console versions....only just found out there was a 3DO version planned but never released...

Gloomnivore

I didn’t see anything about it in the trailer but reading that the original songs are used in RNRR Definitive Edition sold me this. Having only played that so far, I already have zero buyer’s remorse.

It’s not the biggest retro collection by any means but the treatment is among the very best.

Ingeniero

I need this.
RnR is one of my favorite games ever.
Any info on multiplayer? Is it just local or online too?
I think I’ll buy this for PS4.... I need my coach and control for this

Fox Mulder

The ps4 trophy list is broken and won’t sync but will unlock. Can’t even view them on the console.

All passwords still work in these games though.

Top Bottom