• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard is cooking something up for Xbox 360 afterall..

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mrbob said:
Killer app.

WoW!

One of my friends has a shitty PC and wants to play WoW (Yes too shitty for WoW even). This will make him so happy.

Too shitty to run WoW? Whats powering it... a hamster wheel?

Loving the utter panic on the WoW boards!

Fucking sheep. "Don't let those console kiddies on our servers!!!!"

They forget that the main audience for WoW at first was the B-net children.

:lol

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Kleegamefan said:
Let me take this oppurtunity to backtrack somewhat and say WoW is planned for X360 and I have known about this since May....

That is not to say that is what *this* announcement will be.....could be another Blizzard IP they have been working on longer than WoW 360.....I do not know if Blizzard work on more than one game or not....

If they work on only one game at at time then yes, this is WoW 360 :)

Holy smokes. That's going to be huge.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
2.jpg

Jonnyram

Just FYI, I bought one of these for using with FFXI:
keybpad1fi.jpg

It's totally unusable.
I don't expect the 360 version to be any better.

For key commands it may be ok, but for typing in chat, it's a wreck.

shpankey

not an idiot
Parallax Scroll said:
Part of your dream includes the game not coming out for PC?
No, I said it was my dream *game*, not my dream "scenario". I would be in love with having a Diablo 3 game, I don't care the platform, although it would be cool to have it on x360.

The other part was just about seeing the internet meltdown if it was exclusive to x360.

Jonnyram said:
keybpad1fi.jpg

It's totally unusable.

How the hell could anyone use that? Those keys are ridiculous.

SyNapSe

Jonnyram said:
keybpad1fi.jpg

It's totally unusable.

While I played FFXI on the PC i know a lot of people used this via the PS2

B00006SKJ4.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

EGM92

SyNapSe said:

I actually have 3 of those controllers in my closet, I bought each for $1.99CAD+ 10$ shipping from ebay, though they're big they served me very well when playing online

White Man

Dear Blizzard,

If this is WoW, please keep the XBL consoletards segregated on their own damned servers. I can't imagine Barrens chat getting any worse, but I know the "I WANTED MILK" XBL crowd is chompin' at the bit to make me BELIEVE.

Jonnyram

SyNapSe said:

I used and abused on of them too. Only problem is, the buttons and sticks became a bit unresponsive and sticky. Then I spilt coke on the keyboard :)

But if you get 'em for $1.99 you're sorted!

White Man said:
Dear Blizzard,

If this is WoW, please keep the XBL consoletards segregated on their own damned servers. I can't imagine Barrens chat getting any worse, but I know the "I WANTED MILK" XBL crowd is chompin' at the bit to make me BELIEVE.

Again, the B-net kiddies are FAR worse than console folks. You should be welcoming them.

The real bad side to a 360 WoW is no instant access to thottbot.com.... :lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Uuummmm. Not to rain on anyone's conspiracy parade or anything, but isn't Windows Vista also one of MS' next gen platforms?

And wouldn't it deserve say, maybe a half hour tops?

I honestly don't know, btw, and god knows I want a console version of WOW. But Vista is often referred to as a next-gen platform.

Stinkles

GhaleonEB said:
Of course, the next-gen platform could be Windows Vista......

I just said that you fat cow! AND my Avatar is the entire Star Wars movie in a single GIF.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Again, if its Windows Vista why not just say it!!!!

That is not a secret either and it is also fewer words....

All I know is; World of Warcraft is planned for X360......the exact timing of that announcement, I am not sure, but let me tell you this; "Next Generation MS platform" is just too much of a coincidence IMO.....

GhaleonEB

Stinkles said:
I just said that you fat cow! AND my Avatar is the entire Star Wars movie in a single GIF.

Fat cow? :lol

I clicked on the post and then had to tend to a crying baby for 10 minutes. Cut me some slack!

Stinkles

Kleegamefan said:

All I know is; World of Warcraft is planned for X360......the exact timing of that announcement, I am not sure, but let me tell you this; "Next Generation MS platform" is just too much of a coincidence IMO.....

I am PRAYING it's a 360 version of Worlds of Warcraft.

NAH FUCK IT! Worlds of Starcraft!

Prine

Banned
Never even attempted to play a PC MMORPGs

I was interested in WoW but the interface looked far too complicated. Being a total noob to the genre i decided against it.

Kind of sucks that i bought a new powerful PC for gaming but have yet to find a game that interests me...

Prine said:
Never even attempted to play a PC MMORPGs

I was interested in WoW but the interface looked far too complicated. Being a total noob to the genre i decided against it.

Kind of sucks that i bought a new powerful PC for gaming but have yet to find a game that interests me...

Honestly, Prine, WoW is the easiest MMO to learn and play casually.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
A little bird told me that it's a port of Starcraft: Ghost, which has now been redesigned into a teenage dating sim. I'm told it is quite hilarious when a Zerg pupae tries to cut in at the prom.

siege

Banned
Sal Paradise Jr said:
Diablo III, 6-month exclusivity for 360 (HEAVY on LIVE features) with a PC and PS3 port planned for later.

Will never happen. The Blizzard offices would end up getting bombed.

Pfft.

Gates would just hire a 1-million strong mercenary army to defend Blizzard offices.

*looks at pic*

And why are Devo fans raiding?

siege

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Add Huxley, APB: All Points Bulletin, Vanguard, Marvel MMO, etc. That's a lot of MMOs.

Vanguard is coming out on 360? The problem with MMO's is that they all pretty much suck and 80% of the people who buy them stop playing after the free month. WoW is a huge exception.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
MMORPG worlds seem to have high loyalty rates - it seems hard for people to let go of certain worlds and settings, hence i wonder whether Square and Blizzard can ever stop support for FFXI and , especially, WoW

siege said:
Vanguard is coming out on 360?

Long rumored but unconfirmed.

siege said:
The problem with MMO's is that they all pretty much suck and 80% of the people who buy them stop playing after the free month. WoW is a huge exception.

Totally true. Wow is the casual success (not a slam)

Mrbob

If WoW comes to xbox 360 i think it is nearly all over for all other MMORPG games. WoW will suck in most of the business.

WoW is such a bigger killer app than FFXI I hope it happens to help expand the X360 userbase.

White Man

Kleegamefan said:

WoW runs fine on the latest builds of Vista.

Warcraft: Spirits.

An adventure game in the same vein as Starcraft: Ghost. An adventure game so great it rivals the best Zelda game.

and then I woke up.

Daigoro

BLIZZARDTON!!1

Reilly said:
you'll need the HDD to play WoW will you not?

what happened to "no xbox games will require use of the HDD because of the tard pack"? or was that just bullshit?

sure makes sense to do WOW on a console though, you know it will sell.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
It'll be Ghost, Swinging Ape have been advertising for 360 developers for over a year (or they were, since back when they were swinging ape) hopefully they've been spending all their time on the 360 version which is why the current gen version looks like poop.

Wollan

Putting Wow on Xbox: Will this draw more people to Xbox or just more Xbox'ers to Wow?
Is there anyone out there who doesn't have a pc strong enough for the game these days?

Anyway

If a game for X360 is announced, my guess is StarCraft Ghost.

Top Bottom