• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team: Xbox Series X won't have an amazing leap in quality like previous generations, but will allow more creative freedom

LivingD3AD

The Xbox Series X has a ton of GPU horsepower and a fast SSD. How do you think this will help developers as they develop games for the next 7-8 years?
Games will generally look better, but it won’t be an amazing leap in quality like PS2 vs PS3vs PS4 or Xbox vs Xbox 360 vs Xbox One.

The ability for better computing power and hardware can definitely help open up many interesting ideas and concepts, whether it will be better AI, finer details on the stage, or easier workarounds for developers. It helps to provide more opportunities for creative freedom, such as the dual reality gameplay within The Medium.
Thanks to GamingBolt

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Its all depends on developer budgets and there are only handful on companies who have the time and money to create new engines to take advantage of the new consoles, EA, Activision, Sony etc

Kuranghi

Whoever keeps saying this should keep their mouth shut, I think The Medium will look really great. Its like a movie studio guy saying "Well the CGI isn't going to be as good in Transformers 9 but the story will be amazing so no worries", clearly everything that comes after the previous thing in terms of graphics is in no way an objective upgrade but don't tell that to the people who can't tell the difference because then they just have that in their mind and even if it looked better than anything that came before it they'd be disappointed.

We just got launch titles on PS5 that looks better in almost every way than most PS4 games, graphics technique-wise AND they have higher native resolution and/or framerates than those PS4 games. So if its like that on launch day imagine how good PS5 games will look in 2024, I have doubts that there won't be a big leap graphically. I used PS5 for my example because Xbox has no games like I described above yet.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't fully understand what does it suppose to mean, even in second thread created for it : D

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Romulus

I honestly don't expect much on the multiplatform side. I see the game visuals improving slightly over the course of the generation, but I see Sony devs really pushing the envelope. The PS5 is obviously extremely easy to push and Sony has the best developers for my types of games with huge budgets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom