• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Alpha [JP] Detailed

GorillaJu

Haven't seen a topic made for this but this info should be relevant for Japan GAF:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2014/09/alpha-test.html

Server stress test for multiplayer functions in several phases. Players will have access to the same map in the publicized TGS demo and will test multiplayer functions such as leaving messages for other players and cooperative play.

There are going to be several online functions not yet announced—the alpha will be testing only a portion of what the final product will have. What's yet to come will be announced at a later date so please be excited.

Players who are interested in the alpha test, have PS+ and are based in Japan can download a raffle ticket [応募券] from the Japan Playstation Store. The amount of applicants who will be accepted has not been announced, but I've seen several Japanese gaming websites that have drawings to win alpha spots and there seems to be a good number of open slots just based on that. Raffle winners will be notified by email on 2013/09/30 (Tues).

The alpha will come in three phases as the game is updated. The contents and goals of each phase appears to be different and what each entails will be clarified as the alpha approaches.

Phase 1: 2014/10/01(Wed)20:00~23:00

Phase 2: 2014/10/03(Fri) 20:00~23:00

Phase 3: 2014/10/05(Sun)20:00~23:00
※Phase 3 will be a combination of the activities of phase 1 and 2.

--

Okay that's basically everything from the Japanese page of any importance. Sorry if this has already been posted. Searching didn't find this come up.

My assumption is that the EU and US alphas will be the same thing, so at least we have an idea what we can expect when it appears in the west.

GorillaJu

If streaming is permitted, I'll definitely put a link here to my Twitch stream while this is active (if that's okay by Gaf rules?) so English speakers can ask questions and see it in action.

GorillaJu

I love Souls messaging system, but I don't like its Dark Souls 2 variant and its "openness" which lead to messages like that. So I hope they return to the Demon's Souls/ Dark 1 messaging.

I like the DS2 system. It led to some good messages. I got a 350+ rating on my "stabbing in the back? but ally!" message near the
Jester Thomas
(DLC1) fight

zeromcd73

I signed up and will find out if I'm in soon. Exciting feeling knowing that i could possibly be playing Bloodborne in the coming week!

ibt8QbwUa9xWO8.gif

Lucent

I really hope they hurry up and announce details for the US side. I really want to play this. Gonna record every minute of it and relive it until it's out. lol

Drencrom

I love Souls messaging system, but I don't like its Dark Souls 2 variant and its "openness" which lead to messages like that. So I hope they return to the Demon's Souls/ Dark 1 messaging.

I agree, I did find some of the messages funny, but they break my immersion when I play the game. Better to have them a bit more strict and linear, messages shouldn't be as useful as they were in Dark Souls 2.

GorillaJu

I agree, I did find some of the messages funny, but they break my immersion when I play the game. Better to have them a bit more strict and linear, messages shouldn't be as useful as they were in Dark Souls 2.

Yeah they added to the atmosphere in DS and Demon's because the options they gave were all things an NPC would say.

red731

That gif. That sweat. Ugh..

Can't wait for the EU timings.

ed: 's a horny love making ugh, to diminish any confusion.

Nibel

So, why did many people outside Japan get an invite as well? I guess there'll be a separate EU/US network test as well in the near future?

Have they saod snything st all about pvp in this game? I've only heard of it's co op. I wonder if it's still going to be random.

All they've said about multiplayer is that a key phrase to describe it is "free sharing of exploration". Aside from that we don't have any other details on it.

All they've said about multiplayer is that a key phrase to describe it is "free sharing of exploration". Aside from that we don't have any other details on it.
Hmm...sounds like traditional co op. I wonder what the reaction would be if there wqs no pvp. I honestly don't even know how it would work with the shotgun counter staggers.

Stimpack

I wasn't even aware any of this was going on. Hopefully testing is handled better than it was for Dark Souls 2. I know that was Namco Bandai, but it sure was a load of shit.

GorillaJu

Hmm...sounds like traditional co op. I wonder what the reaction would be if there wqs no pvp. I honestly don't even know how it would work with the shotgun counter staggers.

Well there are parries in DS, so staggers kind of take their place. Fighting spirits is really similar to fighting NPCs so it'll probably follow a similar pattern in Bloodborne.

Also it very directly states on the Japanese page that there are going to be other online features outside of traditional coop, so I'm sure there's more in store, they're probably just keeping their cards close to their chest.

We still don't even know what "beast" really refers to with the whole code name this project originally had, there could be some big secrets still to come.

Venfayth

It's part of the game. It's really arbitrary and kinda weird to decide that those messages just don't count and you don't want them there so your screenshots are prettier.

More options are always nice, but that's a pretty pedantic thing to be concerned about.

Lucent

I noticed if you have a Japanese account you can go to the PlayStation Plus section and get a free 14 day trial. Went ahead and did that and downloaded a ticket. See if I can do this. Dunno if they're checking IP addresses and blocking them or what. Wanna play this so bad and the NA side has been really quiet about their plans so far.

Nibel

Then I would miss out on invasions and coop. I don't want to have to choose between playing online and staying free of message pollution. What I want is...

exactly this.

Oh, I assumed you implied online gaming in the Souls game in general. Actually, I think you make a good point since it seems like a easy job to include such feature and I think there might be a group of players appreciating this.

I noticed if you have a Japanese account you can go to the PlayStation Plus section and get a free 14 day trial. Went ahead and did that and downloaded a ticket. See if I can do this. Dunno if they're checking IP addresses and blocking them or what. Wanna play this so bad and the NA side has been really quiet about their plans so far.

Is the client available?

Lucent

There's no client yet. It seems you just select the only option available on Bloodborne in the PS+ section and it throws you in the raffle. I can't read Japanese so I dunno all what it says exactly. It looks like it lists the three phases and 9/24-9/28 as the time you have to enter the raffle. It also lists 9/30, which I'm guessing is the date they'll notify those selected.

Here are what may be legit details on the multiplayer, but take it with a grain of salt.
http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/2hbk32/rumourspoilers_multiplayer_information_leaks/

Crazy. I hope the bit about a perma-death mode is true. Sounds intense. Also, the part about not being able to heal if you summon someone is interesting. I wonder if they have that reversed. In Dark Souls you couldn't use Estus as a phantom... they might be bringing that back here.

Top Bottom